Soldiers of Fortune

Scribble

First Post
I saw tons of tweets by Matt James as he was writing the thing... I didn't know it was produced by Paizo though. Rock on. :)

Klaus

First Post
AFAICT, it's not produced by Paizo, but by Open Design. It's merely for sale at the Paizo store. Could be wrong, though.

Matt James

Game Developer
Soldiers of Fortune is the best damn sourcebook out there. Even if you're not a 4e consumer, you will find a ton of great new content within the book. As an added boon, fans of the Midgard Campaign setting (Kobold Quarterly) will find some truly juicy bits of lore within its pages. Also, I detailed a greater deity (Thor!) that I am fairly sure no party could take (yes, that is a challenge).

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The write up mentions skirmishes and sieges: how many combatants can I throw in there? 20 per side, 100, 1000, 20,000?

Matt James

Game Developer
Well, as I am a traditionalist, you can throw as many as you want ;) That being said, there are rules for siege engines, and their effects. Keep an eye out for future Kobold Quarterly publications; where I intend to extrapolate on these alternate rules.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I'm currently playing in a 4e military campaign, so this product is quite naturally of potential interest to me. Could you tell me for which classes are the new powers and PP in the book?

Matt James

Game Developer
There are so many different powers, and they key off of abilities instead of class. But, here is a list of the PPs included and what prerequisite they have.

• Soldier of Fortune (Any Martial)
  • Veteran of War (Any Defender)
  • Spellscourge Mercenary (Any Arcane)
  • Sacrosanct Legionnaire (Any Divine)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases