help me build a juggernaut

Eman Resu

First Post
I understand making a legendary melee machine like this will be fun. I understand he will undoubtedly be able to cause 75 pts of damage per swing and have multiple swings/round, capable of dishing out 300-400 h pts per round. Melee prowess is NOT in question.

There is a "power" unbalance in favor of spell casters over all others from what 8th level on, maybe sooner? The higher level you go the greater the contrast. Once you reach an insane level such as this does the fighter/babrbarian melee types all of a sudden catch up? Am I missing something? I.

I had to ask because Ive never played epic, have no interest, its just a matter of which spell is cast when? IMO your building a pc for failure, although fun to build a "hulk smash" pc, the spell casters are going to mop the floor with you.

Heres something that popped out, just a 1st level power, nothing optimised, take a 40th Psion, with mind thrust, thats 40 D10, with a dc of 10+20+whatever feats he has to boost his stuff+ability modifier. lets maximise dmg so 34d10=340 hpts with 1 power, at this level Im thinking that this single classed Psion will do this several times a round, twin power, quicken power, maximised & whats the feat that X .5 dmg, well anyways point being, this is just 1 example, its only a first level power and its going to be multiple hundreds of hit pts per round.

eman resu

Eman Resu

First Post
so I am correct in saying "this fight will more than likely, almost assuredly be won by the strongest spell caster, who wins initiative"

Dandu

First Post
Even if you lose initiative, there's always Celerity and Contingency. Or there's the possibly of bypassing initiative altogether by teleporting through time and killing the opponent in his infancy.

Of course, not everyone plays spellcasters well, so it's always possible that they lose.

Last edited:

Havoc123456

First Post
well, for the most part, i'm not expecting to "win", but i do think it would be fun to play the hulk part anyway. if i do go against a caster played by someone who knows how to use it, then i just hope that i can inflict lots of damage before i go down (if i go down :) ) hopefully i dont get to the caster first. i am debating whether or not to exchange the orc paragon and warblade classes for brb and frenzied berserker, mostly for more damage output from supreme power attack. i dont remember if you can use PA with unarmed though, i gotta look it up.

Zesty Gordita

First Post
You should get a bunch of Antimagic Torcs. And just interchange them after one of them has been used for the day.
OR, you should do a sneak attack build and kill everyone before they even know they're in a fight.

DM: "Ok, I need a Spot check."
Player: "I got an 89."
DM: "You don't see anything.... and you die."

Mass sneak attack dmg in one hit, especially with a 40 lvl gestalt build would be unbelievable. And the epic feats.... oh the epic feats...

Zesty Gordita

First Post
It's like the spell... so only 10 ft.
That being the case, I think a sneak attack build with some of those would be awesome since you have to be up close and personal anyway.

Havoc123456

First Post
You should get a bunch of Antimagic Torcs. And just interchange them after one of them has been used for the day.
OR, you should do a sneak attack build and kill everyone before they even know they're in a fight.

DM: "Ok, I need a Spot check."
Player: "I got an 89."
DM: "You don't see anything.... and you die."

Mass sneak attack dmg in one hit, especially with a 40 lvl gestalt build would be unbelievable. And the epic feats.... oh the epic feats...
dude, i might have to give that a try, something like ninja40//rogue40. awesome backstab damage. 40+d6. plus epic skill focus on hide and move silent. you'll never see me coming lol

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases