Learn about D&D organized play options

Alphastream

Adventurer

Alphastream

Adventurer
Several of the Wizards' team members were reminding us that today was the last day to order Vault of the Dracolich. If your local store did not yet order it, the store could try calling their WPN rep to see if any copies remain.

Alphastream

Adventurer
The Gen Con events have been released. The full Excel catalog is here, but the easiest can be to use this great site.

D&D Next events have been posted (no LFR announced yet):

Delve: Confrontation at Candlekeep
Duration: 2 hours
Candlekeep is under siege, and it needs adventurers to help protect it! Heed the call to defend the legendary monastery and stand against the tide of evil. This adventure offers an interactive experience using the playtest rules, and participants receive the exclusive D&D Gen Con dice set. Optional pre-generated characters are available, and no prior D&D experience is necessary. D&D Next playtest restrictions will apply.

Murder in Baldur's Gate Launch Weekend
Duration: 4 hours
Something foul is afoot in Baldur's Gate. An old evil stirs. On the eve of celebration, a brutal murder occurs. Will you answer the call for help? Characters provided or create your own. This scenario launches the new adventure Murder in Baldur's Gate, and sends heroes catapulting into the events of the upcoming D&D Encounters seasons. The experience uses the playtest rules, and participants receive the exclusive D&D Gen Con dice set if they haven't yet received one. Optional pre-generated characters are available, or players can create their own characters prior to the start of the event at the character creation station in the D&D area (please allow at least 30 minutes). No prior D&D experience is necessary. D&D Next playtest restrictions will apply.

D&D Next All-Access Adventure Pass
Duration: All weekend! (with breaks)
Reserve your private table and game all weekend long. Play up to four debut adventures. Each day you’ll have reserved slots with the same DM & receive limited edition convention exclusives. The experience uses the D&D Next playtest rules. Character creation is included as part of the event, and no prior D&D experience is necessary. D&D Next playtest restrictions will apply. (Thursday 8-12 & 2-6, Friday 8-12, 4-8, Saturday 8-12, 4-8, and Sunday 10-2).

Along with organized play master Shawn Merwin, I was fortunate to be a co-author on Candlekeep, and I'm super-pleased with how the project turned out! (I've been on record as not being a fan of mindless delves, and this one is far from feeling like a typical delve). I also was able to playtest the other events - I can't say more than that I highly recommend them. The all-weekend pass is an interesting experiment. You can still play the other two events and visit the dealer's room during the breaks.

In other news, Origins events have been announced. Baldman Games needs judges, and you can see the events and become a judge.

Last edited:

Alphastream

Adventurer
I missed the above question, sorry. It looks like Gen Con will not have any LFR presence, though a few gamers are organizing games on the forums. LFR will be present at Origins this week and at Winter Fantasy next year.

The new season of Encounters began tonight, and is linked to this Saturday's Vault of the Dracolich multi-table gameday. In addition to the links posted previously, an article today described the artistic design for the gameday.

Alphastream

Adventurer
Thanks for posting that link! I also see the WPN Solicitation document is up.

There is a lot of big news here!
- The season begins with a launch weekend event on August 17-18 (it runs at Gen Con, which is the same weekend)
- The season is part of the Sundering, with opportunities for the PCs to shape the way the Sundering impacts the Forgotten Realms. The 4 seasons after that are also tied to the Sundering.
- The season supports 3.5, 4E, and D&D Next! (This is the first support for 3.5)
- The season kit provides special dice, posters, maps, and NPC cards, but NOT the adventure
- DMs (or stores) must purchase the adventure for $34.95 (a huge change for the program)

DungeonsMaster talked about the changes here. I can't share what I playtest, but I'll say that I think the cost seems very reasonable for what is being described (it sounds like a combination adventure and also a sourcebook in the style of the excellent Neverwinter Campaign Guide).

JeffB

Legend
That looks pretty awesome! Thanks for posting the link [MENTION=11365]Alphastream[/MENTION]

Am I correct in thinking this will have 4e stats? Or is this strictly NEXT?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases