WotBS WotBS #10: Sleep, Ye Cursed Child released

EugeneZ

First Post
There aren't too many replies to this thread, and before it scrolls off the page I just wanted to say thanks for the quick pacing as well. I'm about to start my first Malcolm Northwinter adventure, so I don't yet know how they compare, but at a quick glance the conversion seems thorough and well balanced. And of course, super fast. Thanks a ton.

(PS - Dunno if Malcolm read the forums, if he does I haven't seen him around or hadn't known it was him, but I'd like to point out that while #6 (Tears) says 16-18 on the cover, implying that 16th level characters make it to 19th level, the XP-oriented paragraphs explain that isn't the case, character are expected to be almost at 18th or just reached it. #7 (Echoed Souls) assumes the PCs are already 19th... so you've skipped an entire experience level. But, honestly, not a big deal to me... I'm much more grateful for effective 3e->4e NPC conversions and all the other 4e bells and whistles rather than making sure that the XP is perfect.)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Not sure about much before #7; I was given the work and told do something for 19-20 :). I hope it does work out, but if you're missing some EXP or pushing just over, adjust a couple encounters accordingly. There should be a good enough spread in 7 to push forward or pull back as it calls for it.

I will say I'm looking forward to hearing how it plays out, since not many seem to have reached 7+ yet. There've been a few browsers, such as yourself, but beyond my own playtesting, nothing to really go on. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases