HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Kibitz away, I am still several hours from posting. Can you begin casting a 1 round spell with a Standard Action and finish it the next round?

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=question answered]Full round spell = suicide here. In general, DM choice, but normally I would say yes, using two standard actions.[/sblock][sblock=kibitz]Magic Missile, move 30' so it chases you in a non-straight line, preferably over difficult terrain. It moves 60' but cannot attack. Next round full withdrawl where you can turn/move around/through difficult terrain in withdrawl. The orc can chase the same 60', but not attack. A charge where he can attack at the end requires a straight line without difficult terrain. Repeat until you have separation, and magic missile a second time. He is staggered, and can only move 30 or attack. Step back to 15' and lightning arc til crispy. It might try javelin throws, but needs 16 or better if you are past 30'. If you cannot get separation, run in big circle and we will be waiting for him at near full health by then.
Guaranteed damage, and planned terrain moves wins.
If it was something with a 10' reach chasing you, you would be toast.

If you have led him away for two rounds, Halah is out of the well. Third round Marshan is awake, fifth round, we are all near full hit points. Then it is four on one.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Mowgli] When climbing you only go 1/4 your speed per check unless you try to move faster which means you may climb 1/2 your speed with a DC of 20. But you would need to declare before the roll please. Either way it takes at least two rounds to get out.

Round 1- climb 1/4(move action), climb 1/4 (move action) = 15ft up
Round 2- climb 1/4 (move action, have standard action left. = up and over

So you should roll one more DC 15 for this round and be five feet from the wells edge. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Not that I am planning to do this here, but I think splitting a Sleep spell into two rounds would be 1 Move Action and 1 Standard Action. If the Move Action is used, then the Standard Action would be in the next round and vice versa. HM?

Thanks SK. Yes, realistically Firvin could retreat and keep the orc at bay while peppering him with Magic Missiles (not much fun, but would work). After he gets fatally wounded, then he no longer gets two actions as well and she can finish him off with cantrips. When you mentioned "relatively easy" I thought there was a 1 round solution. ;)

Instead I am going to try something else since it is practice. Since Firvin is at the top of the Initiative order, Marshan's Stabilize roll will not be needed. I am also assuming that his hammer remains in hand while he is prone. Then he can stand up, shift back a step and enlarge to whack the orc and make sure he gets an AoO if he doesn't take him out.[/sblock]Frivin replies to the offending brute, "Not for long." She moves around the pillar and lays a hand on the fallen Marshan bringing back from death, telling him "Arise, and kill this fook!"

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Talking
Move Action: Move around pillar (3sq South) to 1sq NW of Marshan
Standard Action: Cast Spell on Marshan CLW (1d8+1=7)
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +5
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 17 w/Mage Armor)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Bardic Performance: 12/12 Rounds Remaining; Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 2/4 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 0/2 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Sleep[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Split casting] Not up for something like that Sleep is powerful (at low levels and Deep Slumber later) and needs the slow casting time for balance. Totally different fight had your spell gone off the first time and your character will get it off more times than not. BTW Sleep is a full round spell to cast in 3.5 also.[/sblock]

[sblock=HouseRule] Well looks like we do need a house rule to see if a person keeps his weapon in hand after being knocked unconscious (either dropped below 0 hp or a sleep spell or other effect).

I would say it has to do with the weapon and the strength of the character if they are to retain it. So let's try the following to keep a weapon in hand -

DC = 10 + weight of the weapon

You get to roll the save as you fall so your STR (at the time) modifies your d20 roll. Comments please take to the OOC so we can continue this.[/sblock]

OOC: OK SK you are up, current condition is prone, HP 5, and roll to see if your hammer is in hand using the HR above.

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Holding the weapon is a DC 22 with the house rule so I need a 19-20, will check anyways. The cestus on the off hand happily does not come off. Standing was my move action, so I couldn't back away. I won't get an AoO, but he has two targets. Hurt one, and the other will retaliate. I gambled on the cestus, when I should have done a healing burst.[/sblock][sblock=mini stats]HP=5, AC=12, 1 enlarge left, cestus offhand +2, d6+1[/sblock]
(rolling weapon check, failed) Marshan wakes to a growling orc just feet away. (move equiv to stand) Marshan stands, (swift) enlarges again south and west this time, and (std) strikes with the offhand cestus... The 10' punch with the cestus fails to hit it's mark.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Remember you are not adjacent, this time it works in your favor.

Attachments

• well encounter 4-1.jpg
    well encounter 4-1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 54

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Man ogre needs to stay down." the orc says stepping towards Firvin.(5' step NW) The falchion again tastes the aasimar's divine blood. Firvin looks on in amazement as the large priest that was blocking the orc from view falls again and nothing now stands between the two of them.

"Now where were we pretty."

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order
Code:
Character        AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Firvinianna      13   [COLOR=Orange]6[/COLOR]  l.bow/none
Marshan          14  [COLOR=Red]-2[/COLOR]  cestus/[I][COLOR=Red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
Gergori          15  [COLOR=Red]-6[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]dying[/I][/COLOR]
Halal            15   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  cestus/none
Orc              13   6  falchion/none
[sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Round 4:
Firvin - cast cure light (7hp) on Marshan, move
Halal - actions needed yet
Marshan - stand, attack (miss), enlarge(swift)
Gergori - stabilize check needed
Last Orc - attacks[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

- Need stabilize check for Gergori 1d20 - 5 (DC10)
- Climb check is DC 15 for Halal - One check gets you to the top and over the edge - southwest corner [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases