HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Six straight out of the Bestiary.

The group has been traveling the sweltering jungle of the Mwangi Expanse for days. Thinking themselves lost it is a relief when they see signs of ruins jutting above the thick trees.

Stone pillars covered in vines show what must be the lost temple they have been looking for. Excitedly they move forward with renewed vigor. When they breakthrough the jungle foliage unto a cobble stoned plaza they sigh in relief.

Their excitement is cut short as a gruntal voice calls out. "What we have 'ere boyz. Looks like da jungle spit us out some sport."

OOC: Roll INIT! if you beat the INIT below please post up actions.

Attachments

• well encounter 1.jpg
    well encounter 1.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 68

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Frivin comments, "Outnumbered by gods be damned orcs here!? Well, let me try to even the odds."

She begins her incantation.

OOC: According to PF, Sleep takes a full round and doesn't go into effect until the beginning of her next turn? I am not so sure I want to keep this spell if the bad guys get to move around during the casting.
[sblock=Actions]Initiative (1d20+5=24)
Free Action: Out of turn talking
Full Round Action: Begin casting Sleep
Move Action: not allowed[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +5
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 17 w/Mage Armor)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Bardic Performance: 12/12 Rounds Remaining; Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/4 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 1/2 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Sleep[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Due to his avian nature, Halal doesn't sweat like his friends in the torrid jungle heat, but his beak gapes as he pants. He's somewhat lost in the dazing routing of putting one foot in front of the other, but when the orc speaks up - foolishly ruining any chance of surprising the explorers - he brings his attention quickly to the business at hand.

He moves directly toward the foe, calling as he goes, "Pharasma, grant me your aid! If it be your will, I'll send these creatures to your side!"

His fist lashes out, but the plates on his cestus draw sparks as it scrapes the stone of the well rather than connecting with the orc's ugly face.

[sblock=Actions]Initiative (1d20+4=16)

Swift: Call Judgement of Justice (+1 Attack)
Move: 4S, 1SE, 1S (Placing him NE of the well & NW of the bandaged Orc), Draw Sawtooth Sabre
Standard: Attack (1d20+3=5) And today's streak continues . . . apparently Pharasma's not quite ready to receive these Orcs, at least not at Halal's hands :p[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Halal Arnyeka
Initiative: +4
AC: 17 (14 Flat-Footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +5

Senses: Low Light Vision
Perception: +8 (+9 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Sawtooth Sabre, Cestus

Special Abilities: Bleeding Touch (5/5), Judgements (0/1)

Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (2/2)
Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Resistance, Sift
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan draws his hammer and moves forward. As he grows in size to that of an ogre, he bellows "You have one chance to leave peacefully!" [sblock=actions]Move equiv Draw weapon, move south four, swift enlarge west and north, free talk, awaiting my AoO on one of the three.[/sblock][sblock=mini stats]Marshan ~ Initiative: +2
AC: 14 (12 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (2 Dex, 2 Leather Armor)
HP: 14 Current HP: 14
CMB: 2CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Current Weapons in Hand:
Lucerne Hammer +2, d12+3 at 10' reach; When Enlarged: Lucerne Hammer +2, 3d6+4 at 15-20' reach
Cestus +2, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +2, d6+1 at 5-10' reach

+3 Perception, +2 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close
Summoner 1st Level Spells: 2/2 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize
Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Bless, Divine Favor
Domain Power: 5/4 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon

Toddy ~
Initiative: +2
AC: 14 (12 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (2 Dex, 2 NA, occasionally 4 Mage Armor)
HP: 6 Current HP: 6
CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
Bite +3, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +3, d6+2; Claw +3, d4+2
+14 Acrobatics, +4 Perception, +0 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth, Combat Reflexes[/sblock][sblock=ooc]In the future, Marshan is going to be walking with the polearm out as a walking stick, so it will be in hand even in surprise rounds. When enlarged, arrows fired return to their normal size as soon as they leave my bow, so that is the purpose of already large arrows. And the eidolon is taking Skilled(perception) and Skilled(acrobatics) early while having 1/2 the hit points of everyone else. It will take him a while to build up steam.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
I was wondering why the large arrows? It says "all equipment is similarly enlarged" so won't that make the arrows the next step up in damage??

No. Or rather the arrows enlarge until they leave the possession of the enlarged creature then they revert to normal size.

Although, technically, a large arrow in Marshan's possession would enlarge to Huge and wouldn't be usable (as far as I can tell) in his large bow.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov

Gregori moving slightly quicker than Halal moves south towards the orcs but stopping shy of them. He draws a pair of vials and quickly mixes the contents of the two before lobbing it at the nearest orc. His aim is slightly off and it lands in the empty space just in front of and between the two orcs splashing them both.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: south 5 squares (30 ft of move assuming the square with the triangle is difficult terrain)
Standard: draw, mix & toss bomb. Splash dmg 2, Ref DC 12 for half.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Gregori Ostov (full sheet)
Initiative: +1
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch) (+2 w/ mutagen)
HP: 17 Current: 17
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +0

In Hand: none
-- longsword +5 (1d8+4 19-20/x2); Power Attack: longsword +4 (1d8+6 19-20/x2)
-- [Str Mutagen] longsword +7 (1d8+6); PA: longsword +6 (1d8+8)
-- Bomb +3 (1d6+1) Range: 20 feet; Splash: 2
-- [Str Mutagen] Bomb +3 (1d6); Splash 1

Bombs 1/2 remaining
Extracts Prepared Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge
Mutagen Prepared Strength[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
GlassEye said:
No. Or rather the arrows enlarge until they leave the possession of the enlarged creature then they revert to normal size.

Although, technically, a large arrow in Marshan's possession would enlarge to Huge and wouldn't be usable (as far as I can tell) in his large bow.
For starters, Toddy will be carrying a quiver of the large arrows and Marshan will be standing next to Toddy to draw from that quiver then shooting. Eventually, an efficient quiver will hold both sizes in it's extra dimensional spaces, and I will draw the correct size of unchanged arrows.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads