HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]If it isn't too late Gregori will sidestep one square to the east (5 ft. step). Mowgli, I don't have any problems helping Halal set up for precision damage but you might have to remind me a couple of times until I start remembering you have precision damage.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Dodge bonuses, which the Combat Expertise grants +1 for him, are added to CMDs. (p.199)
Edit: Oops! Retracted comment on Shield of Faith. The Shield of Faith was the last fight.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC - SK]Glad you mentioned that you'd retracted the Shield of Faith comment. I still had the effect turned on in HeroLab. Correct CMD is 14.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Hmm... good to remember that little clause. I think I may have read that a year or so ago LOL and have never used it myself. Actually have only used CMB vs CMD a handful of times.

But back to Mowgli's character not being grappled (I think he is) - he attacked at a +3 (not sure where that came from). So it doesn't look like he used his Combat Expertise and thus still should have a CMD of 13. Just need Mowgli's take on the numbers in case I am missing something. Then we will continue. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]{shrugs} I will keep that in mind then when I readjust my spells then. Area effect spells work better if we keep the enemy bunched up and requires some cooperation to make them more effective.

Instead of charging ahead against superior numbers with rogues, I use a ranged weapon for that initial sneak attack, then use readied attacks and maneuver to flank. To me, using one sneak attack to let the enemy gang up on you isn't worth it, but if you find that fun, go right ahead. ;) [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]If it isn't too late Gregori will sidestep one square to the east (5 ft. step). Mowgli, I don't have any problems helping Halal set up for precision damage but you might have to remind me a couple of times until I start remembering you have precision damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=GlassEye]Will do, and appreciated! I'll try to put an IC post of some sort up to remind you 'till we get our tactics straight. In this case it didn't matter as he missed his attack on that orc, and he's pecking away at the other one! :lol:[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I am afraid I am gonna have to go with HM. The combat expertise wasn't declared, Judgement of Justice was, raising the cestus from +1 to +2 to attack. The +3 appears to be a carry over mistake as the bard was not singing. So, that would have put the CMD at 13 without the dodge bonus and grappled. The AoO for the initial grapple stands. Then, while grappled, he could have swung on the one holding him or Gregori's foe with the cestus with that miss roll, and still hit with the secondary beak attack again.

So, grappled but successfully pecking his captor is what I see.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]But back to Mowgli's character not being grappled (I think he is) - he attacked at a +3 (not sure where that came from). So it doesn't look like he used his Combat Expertise and thus still should have a CMD of 13. Just need Mowgli's take on the numbers in case I am missing something. Then we will continue. [/sblock]

[sblock=HM]Wow, I'm really messing up here! Very embarrassing! :blush: Not sure what's happening to me, but it's a good thing we're doing these tune up fights. I'm using HeroLab to keep up with bonuses, which is extremely handy. The problem is, I then have to remember to turn those adjustments off if they end after the combat's over - I still had both Shield of Faith and Firvi's Inspire Courage turned on. His proper Attack Bonus at the moment is +2. I'd fully intended to turn on his Combat Expertise as soon as he made his first melee attack, and he'd have missed regardless. I'm good with doing it either way, and sorry for the confusion![/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Instead of charging ahead against superior numbers with rogues, I use a ranged weapon for that initial sneak attack, then use readied attacks and maneuver to flank. To me, using one sneak attack to let the enemy gang up on you isn't worth it, but if you find that fun, go right ahead. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=perinnmiller]I always forget that Rogues can use ranged weapons to sneak attack! In this case it looks like I could have taken a 5' step forward, drawn the bow and used it for sneak attack, and played it from there depending on what the orcs did. I'll try to remember that for the future.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Mowgli] Cetus Attack: +2 = +1 [STR] + ? [???]

But I still believe your CMB is 13 please break it down for me I am missing something somewhere.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Mowgli] Cetus Attack: +2 = +1 [STR] + ? [???]

But I still believe your CMB is 13 please break it down for me I am missing something somewhere.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Cestus Attack: +2 = (+1 STR) + (+1 Judgement of Justice)
CMD: 14 = 10 + (+1 STR) + (+2 DEX) + (+0 BAB) + (+1 Combat Expertise)

The question is whether you allow the C.E. to be activated for that first grapple - I intended to do so but did not declare it, and I'm perfectly fine with you ruling him grappled. His second round actions will still stand, I'll just adjust the fluff a little.

I did have it activated for the second round, and his attack rolls are +1 (Cestus) and -4 (Beak) - now reflected in that rounds post.[/sblock]

Remove ads