The Ring Restart

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Restarting the closed thread on the movie The Ring.

Here's my quick story on this one.

Several months ago (more than 6) I am at the monthly Los Angeles Comic Book Convention (it really stinks compared to the yearly San Diego con, but every once in a while I stop by to see something - this time it was to see a preview of Reign of Fire).

On leaving the Con, there is a video tape on my windshield. With the tape is a photocopied note, scrawled in bad handwriting, that says that if I watch this tape I will die within 7 days. Well, of course, I went out and watched it right away.

You already know what was on the tape if you saw The Ring, since it is the video tape in that movie. However, I didn't know that, and just concluded it was some art film crap from some kid with too much money on his hands promoting his movie. It ended with the url: www.anopenletter.com or something like that. I put it away on my shelf, and forgot about it.

Then I saw the ring recently, and went WHOA! I've seen those images somewhere! Where the hell did I see that stuff before? This is scary!

Several hours after the movie, I figure it out - the art film tape!

Turns out the tape was a promo for this movie. Of course, it would have helped if they had said something about the name The Ring! All it did do was serve to freak me out for a couple of hours after seeing the movie.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases