[LPF] The Old Alchemist

Voda Vosa

First Post
"...and so t'ere was I, suddenly aware t'at dis damn 'alfling 'ad picked my pockets. So I hurry be'ind 'im, grab 'im by 'is curly 'air and push 'im off into de water bellow the docks. I couldn't possibly know t'at was a shark infested area..." Muzdum finishes another of his stories as the group advances through the foresty path. Apparently, the dwarf has more stories than kilograms. Despite his obvious lack concentration, the dwarf's eyes are piercing through the forest canopy.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: I believe marching order along the path would be Krad, Therella, Anna, Muzdum. Since the two trackers are in the lead and the sorceress shouldn't guard the rear.

Suddenly Krad starts to trip forward, having caught his foot on a thin piece of wire. He manages to keep his feet under him but as he looks back at the spot Therella yells. "Look OUT!"

The tengu turns in time to see a roped log swing from the canopy of trees right towards him. The half-elf ranger jumps to pull the startled tengu out of the line of the log. She is only partly successful as the log clips Krad across the back of the head as Therella pulls him down to the ground.

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
Character             AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Krad                  [COLOR=Lime]19[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Orange]3[/COLOR]  ??/[I][COLOR=Lime]aided[/COLOR][/I]
Therella              15   [COLOR=Orange]7[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Anna                  10   8  none/none
Muzdum                20   [COLOR=Orange]9[/COLOR]  t.axe&shield/ready
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ruling]
Animal said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but if Therella rolls her survival to "aid" Krad he can take 10 and actually follow the tracks at full speed. eh?

Not sure it would work like that. As it takes time to "take 10" - usually more than a standard round. I will look into it for future uses if you wish. [/sblock]
[sblock=Experience]
Swinging Log Trap: CR1 = 400xp
divided by 4 players = 100xp each[/sblock]

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna gasps as the log swings down and strikes Krad. She wildly looks around, the incantations of a spell already on her lips, as she takes a step toward Muzdum.

Animal

First Post
Trying his best not to lose conciousness after being whacked in the head by the swinging log, Krad crawls away from the path, trying to hide in the undergrowth. "This is your bit of warning, mage! Scatter and look out, they will probably get here soon." He readies his bow and raises his head enough to look around for more traps or incoming foes.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna sticks like glue to the dwarf's side as she looks about nervously.

"I'm going to take you up on your previous offer of protection Muzdum, if that's quite all right with you. Keep them off me and I'll make them easy pickings for your axe."

She scans the surroundings with her untrained eyes, not really certain of what she is looking for, but ready to fire off an incantation at the first thing that moves.

Songdragon

Explorer
After saving the tengu from the worst of the trap she stumbles back into the bushes at the side of the trail, but her armor catches on a branch and she pulls making loud cracking noises. She curses and listens for any trouble.

Stealth 1d20+5=8
Perception 1d20+8=16

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Krad picks up the trail again and this time the group follows a little more cautiously. It is not long before they hear the clatter of men wearing armor and the whinny of a horse. Then everyone sees the small encampment trough the trees.

"I know you fools are out there!"
Sefaro says from atop his mount. "If you are here for the journal you will have to make me an offer for it!"

[sblock=OOC] Roll INIT and we will play this one step at a time.

Map key: The brown dots are thin tall trees that you may use for cover (see CORE pg. 425) they do not block or slow movement just give a bonus to AC/reflex saves.

Need Krad's weapon in hand as he moved through the woods.[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
Code:
Character             AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Krad                  [COLOR=White]17   [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]3[/COLOR]  [COLOR=White]??/[/COLOR][COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
Therella              15   [COLOR=Orange]7[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Anna                  10   8  none/none
Muzdum                20   [COLOR=Orange]9[/COLOR]  t.axe&shield/ready
[/sblock]

Attachments

• TOA-rd1.jpg
    TOA-rd1.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Therella curses. She then lowers her profile hoping not to be seen just yet before the group starts forward. She looks back at Anna and whispers, "Here is your warning. Do what you need to do."

Initiative: 1d20+4=17

Remove ads