[LPF] The Old Alchemist

Cyansylph

First Post
Le Jubb walks alongside Anna, fidgeting through his alchemical pouch, checking his wrist sheaths, and generally acting a little nervous.

" ah, very good. How exciting this is. Many mysteries must lurk in this tower.

Just be sure to stay out of my sights, and apologies in advance for the burns if you move carelessly. I have keen aim, but my bombs have a wide berth.

I can stick to knives if you prefer, but cannot promise I will be much help. Anything bigger than a small dog could overwhelm this lanky frame of mine.

These things are potent and I havr damn near killed myself more than once. The bombs not the knives.

Hmmm... anyone see anythin down there?"

sent via Tapatalk on my EVO Shift

Songdragon

Explorer
As soon as the the carriage lets the group out, the half-elf takes up her crossbow and loads it... She looks up over the tower in question and its immediate surroundings. She then kneels picking up the dirt in her hand... feeling the earth. She says a small prayer and stands... ready for action.

(( Perception 1d20+8=17 ))

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna nods to the dwarf. "Much appreciated."

She then turns to Le Jubb, looking at his odd attire, before continuing.

"Thanks for the warning. If you don't mind me asking, what is it you carry in all those vials? Spell components of some kind?"

Cyansylph

First Post
"Secrets and mysteries my dear. Several of them are catalysts that I have prepared. Mix 2 of them together and get out of the way. That's the explosives I will chuck at anything more sinister than us.

The rest are potions more or less. But not quite like your normal potions; only I can make use of all this nonsense, including the bombs. Without my magic touch, these all would do nothing, so keep your hands off!

Similar to how having a wizards spellbook does not make one a wizard, having these materials would not make you an alchemist. In fact, some of these would make you sick if you did drink them. So again, don't think about touching any of it."

sent via Tapatalk on my EVO Shift

Cyansylph

First Post
As he chats, Le Jubb unstraps his trident from the side of the pack and carries it with the barbed, forked end resting on his shoulder

OOC: mutagens/elixirs prepared as on wiki

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna nods at Le Jubb and replies "Indeed, thank you for the warning. I've never dabbled in alchemy myself, too many equations and numbers for one such as me. Truth be told, I'm pretty new to all of this..." she points to the trident "I dont think i would even know what to do with that thing...

As her sentence trails off, she calls out to the half elf "See anything up ahead Therella? Your eyes are better suited for this that mine..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Looks like the place is inhabited," Therella answers pointing to the tower and the battlements over the gate.

Everyone looks harder and can now see that indeed their is someone walking along the battlements as if on guard duty. Whether friend or foe still remains to be decided.

Krad points to a cleared area of to the side. "More proof," he nearly squawks out. "Garden and chickens over there."

The group follows the gentle rolling path along towards the tower gate and move through an odd area of statuary that dots the garden area. Strange twisted and painted statues of men and women stand about the path each dressed in a set of garments (one even carrying a satchel). Weary of trouble they approach slowly until a man atop the battlement calls them to

"Halt!" he says in an unknown accent. His helm blocks most of his features but not the contempt in his voice. “Greetings strangers, I hope you have not traveled far, for it is my duty and pleasure to turn your stinking hides away. We have neither need nor want of vagabonds here. Now be gone!”

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases