[LPF] The Old Alchemist

Songdragon

Explorer
The half-elven woman adds, "And what if this Alchemist decides not to part with his journal willingly? I am not a murderer for hire."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thurkin seems lost in a moments thought before he replies. "I will provide a scroll that you are to present to Andrax. He will know by it that you are working for... me and thus those I represent. He should then freely hand you over his journal without you resorting to anything drastic."

"We are in need of your sort because others we sent before with this simple mission have as yet never returned from Flint Tower. The last was sent out over a month ago and still no word."

toasterferret

Explorer
One of the barbacks walks into the room, and quickly spotting Anna, rushes over with a piece of paper in hand.

"A well dressed gentleman left this for you miss." he says, handing the paper over, before promptly turning and exiting the room. Anna unfolds the paper, reading it quickly, before giving a satisfied smile.

"Good" she begins "It appears I will not have to be running that errand after all."

After reading the paper over once again, she says a few short words, points her finger at the page, and watches it dissolve into nothingness. Looking up with a smirk on her face she continues "So just who exactly did you send last time?"

Cyansylph

First Post
"Would be wonderful to meet a fellow alchemist esteemed enough as to have their own tower... but yes, what of the reward. Alchemists can be a dangerous lot, and I am not sure he will part easily with his journal."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thurkin looks at each of the people before him silently judging them through the shadows of his hood. When the questions start he calmly answers each before moving on to the next.

To Anna he responds. "We sent messengers the first two times. Regular people with a letter to Andrax. When they did not return a group of... associates went together thinking that numbers would be best. But now no others will volunteer."

He simple nods to Muzdum's comment in agreement, adding. "The reason for a group is in case the tower is overrun with monsters. Not knowing if that is the case or not it is better to be cautious."

When talk turns to the reward he produces a few scroll cases. One he sets aside and the others he keeps in front of him. Taking out and unrolling one he lays it on the table for all to see. His gloved hands holding the paper to keep it from rolling back up.

The paper is a writ to receive money for services rendered. The name of the recipient is blank but the spot for money to be given out is filled in with a nice round number. Sixty pieces of platinum to the bearer.

Thurkin says to everyone in responds to Le Jubb's question. "Andrax is old and he knows it is time for him to retire. The message I will send with you will make it easy for you to retrieve the journal from him. But if he is not there than you all look quite capable of searching Flint Tower and braving any dangers there."

OOC: Thanks AFg will pencil you into that spot in the first post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases