[LPF] The Old Alchemist

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
WoW my fourth adventure for the LPF. :D Been great going for our first year so I know this here will be a great adventure also.

It is adapated from a Pathfinder Scenario called "Skeleton Moon" which was retired as it was 3.5 and not PF. I have given it the HM touch(which means the names are the same and everything else is different) and think it is ready for a group to try and tackle.

Judge: Aldern Foxglove
DM: HolyMan
Running Time: March 2nd - May 30th 2011 (90 days)
DMCs: 6.3

Cast of Characters:

Le Jubb played by Cyansylph
Muzdum Blackrock played by Voda Vosa
Krad played by Animal
Anna Belacqua played by toasterferret
Therella Woodsoul played by Songdragon

[sblock=Experience]
Encounter 1 (baby cockatrices): CR2 120 xp each
Momma Cockatrice: CR3 160 xp each
Acolytes of Andrax: CR1 80 xp each
RP/Skill Challenge: CR1 80 xp each
Swinging Log trap: CR1 100 xp each
Last fight: CR3 200 xp each[/sblock]
[sblock=Treasure]
Encounter GP:
baby cockatrices CR2: 200 gp each
Momma Cockatrice CR3: 240 gp each
Acolytes CR1: 80 gp each
Skill Challenge CR1: 80 gp each
Swing log trap CR1: 100 gp each*
Last fight CR3: 300 gp each*

*group went down to 4 from 5 PCs for these encounters

Time GP**:
LvL 1 - March 2nd to May 24th (84 days @ 6 GP each = 504 gp each)
LvL 2 - MAy 25th - May 30th (6 days @ 11 GP each = 66 gp each)

** Not Time GP for Cyansylph (see below)

Cyansylph Time GP:

LvL 1 - March 2nd to May 2nd (62 days @ 6 GP each = 372 GP)[/sblock]

Let's get started...

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The hooded figure is seated at a round table facing the door as you enter. The hood moves up and down taking you in as you enter the room the face cast in shadows.

He gestures to a chair and as you take it (or not) he asks you, "Your name please," his voice grinding like stones. "And what skills and abilities do you possess?"

[sblock=OOC] Please post up an introduction and a perception check as I know you want to look under the hood. :p[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The long cloaked figure enters the room. She eyes the hooded man several moments and takes a seat to the man's left, sitting to one side to accomidate the large blade across her back.

(( Perception 1d20+8=15 ))

"I am Therella. I am a of the woods, what some might call a ranger. I have some ability in the art of stealth, know of nature, and can track. I can also use the blade I wear, it is not just for show." the woman answers the hooded figure in a straight up manner.

OOC: Hey there again HM :)

Last edited:

Cyansylph

First Post
Le Jubb - Tiefling Alchemist

(Perception 11 = 1d20+3 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2916860/)

[sblock=OOC]
Hi everyone. This is my first play by post, any feedback would be appreciated.
[/sblock]

The Tiefling:devil: strides in and stands behind the chair offered him, his hands resting on its back as he makes his case.

"Le Jubb. Pronounced 'lay' as in 'lay down your arms, or I shall blow them clean off your torso'. I am a mater of arcane concoctions of many sorts, but precisely explosives, and also in their precise delivery. What good is a bomb if not properly controlled? Safety first my good man!" he claims, quickly pulling a small flask of acid from his pouch to show the man.

Returning the flask to the pouch, the tiefling:devil: continues his pitch:
"Of course, sometimes bombs don't work. Well, they do work, they always work -- but maybe I don't have the patience for a bomb.... not that I am short on patience. You see an alchemist must be patient, it is a life of careful study and a delicate art."

The rant continues, as the Tiefling:devil: begins to lose what little composure he had:"So for some reason, maybe the bomb is not the right choice? Maybe a combatant is closing in too fast.. maybe the bomb would be excessive force... maybe...the creature is made of flame.. maybe.. well then... ahemm... maybe....THIS!"

Le Jubb raises his hands towards the sky and tilts his wrists back as a knife comes flying out of each sleeve and into his capable grasp. Twirling the dagger in his right hand, he brings it down to the table and stabs it straight down into the old wood.

"Sometimes, the knives, they talk the best" he remarks, as he wipes some nervous sweat from his brow, takes a seat, and begins re-affixing the other dagger to the inside of his left sleeve. "I also know this axedwarf who may be of help in this.. uhh, whatever you need help with ....or against."

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum takes a seat, and begins speaking, as usual, in his deep accented common.
"Al'right, me be Muzdum, from the Blackrock clan. Perhaps ye 've heard o' us. My skills are smashing people to the ground, and make them move no more, so that's pretty much it, I'm a dwarf-at-arms, if ye will" The dwarf says, using his natural perception in dim light to try elucidate the face of his employer.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
The woman looks at the strange looking man as he enters and rants about explosives, bombs, and knives and comments with a, "Ahhh... okay. Lay-jubb "

She looks next to the dwarf and nods to him in greeting, "Muzdum."

She looks to the door impatiently to see if any others are coming...

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
The red haired woman steps into the room, giving the strange assembly a once over before walking over to the table.

"Anna Belacqua at your service." She begins to move her arm as if to hold out her hand, but stops, abruptly remembering she is no longer in the courts of Irthos. She straightens up before continuing... "And I am a diplomat and purveyor of secrets."

She pauses and a raises a finger "But before I can allow you to take advantage of my services, there is an errand I must run on my own. If that is agreeable to you then I would be happy to be of help."

She politely steps off to the side, attentively awaiting the man's reply.

[sblock=OOC] In plain speak I cannot play this character in game until the 11th. [/sblock]

Animal

First Post
Looking the misterious man over, Krad decides not to sit down just yet - apparently he doesn't trust people, who hide their faces, and don't even introduce themselves. Slowly he approaches the table, listening to the replies of other adventurers. Finally he croaks: "Krad. Tracker, guide, bounty hunter. And who is asking?" His ember eyes focus on strangers face, trying to pierce the shadows under his hood.
[11,8] = (19)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The man's robed body shakes a little at the display from Le Jubb, whether in shock or mirth is unknown. He takes in the others as they make their introductions nodding to Krad and to Anna as if approving.

When the introductions are finished he says in his grinding graspy voice. "Yes, yes you all will do fine, then."

He turns the dark shadowy hood towards Krad but says to all present. "I represent... a group of individuals in dire need of answers. My name is Thurkin Mar, and what I need of you is quite simple. Two days east and north of Venza in the Landadel Baronies is a siege tower know simply as Flint Tower. It has been home to an Alchemist named Andrax d'Aponte for many years. I wish for you to travel to Flint Tower and request Andrax to hand over his journal to you. Or if he is not present to search the Tower for his journal and return with it. Our need is great and so to shall be your reward."

The last is thrown in with a look at the dwarf appealing to his more... lucrative side.

Animal

First Post
Krad tilts his head to the side, glaring at the man intently. "Extortion or burglary? Is this the kind of a job one would offer to an honest adventurer?" As he speaks, his voice sounds calm, but his beady eyes glint with hidden anger and injured dignity. "Or is he supposed to part with his journal willingly? Please explain what entitles you to claim this man's journal."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases