[LPF] The Old Alchemist

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The stairwell leads to an old unused stable built inside the tower. The stalls are all empty and the hay on the ground is old and moldy. A large ten foot high ten foot wide archway opens into a courtyard.

The sun shines down on the courtyard as Muzdum takes in his surroundings. A staircase leads up on the right and the twin heavy doors of the gate are off to the left. But what is really odd is that there is nothing in the courtyard except a large pile of sticks on the far side.

A clank from the dwarves shield echoes through out the courtyard. And from the nest of sticks another one of the strange chicken dragons lifts it's head. It hisses a forked tongue at the dwarf and standing it flaps it's leathery wings. This one is almost twice the size of the others.

OOC: Roll INIT if you beat the cockatrice's INIT you may post an action.

Attachments

• Fight2 rd1.jpg
    Fight2 rd1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Cyansylph

First Post
OOC: not my best toss

As soon as Le Jubb spots the dragonbird, he reaches for his pouch and draws a vial. As he readies to toss it, he closes some distance on the bird and finally lets the bomb fly -- perhaps a little too hurried in his actions.
[sblock=actions]
move: 3 squares down
attack: throw bomb[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
(( Initiative 1d20+4=13 ))

((If it is a normal round...)) The half-elf moves (2 SW, 3 W) to get a nice clean shot... at her position she lets her bolt fly. She then drops the crossbow and then in a flash has takes up her blade and is ready for an attack.

(( Attack 1d20+3=11 Not sure if that even come close even with the beastie flatfooted... damage if it hit... 1d8=3 ))

[sblock=Therella's Status]Half-Elf Ranger 1
Initiative: +4 Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +2
In Hand: elven curved blade +4 (1d10+4)[/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
OOC: The dice gods love me. also my result is 1 not 2, though I doubt it matters much

Startled by the sudden appearance of the beast, Anna barely manages to yelp out "Don't surround it yet, give me some room to work!" as her comrades fly into action.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 1

Therella steps across the courtyard and takes a shot at the hissing beast. The arrow clips a leathery wing and it turns it's attention towards her. Le Jubb tosses a bomb and nearly messes up the throw, lucky he caught the bird flat-footed and managed to scorch it good.

The cockatrice gets up out of the nest looking from Therella to Le Jubb, But the dwarf Muzdum will have none of that. "My axe is dry ye damn foul fowl! Come help me wet it!" he yells drawing the things attention and it rushes forward. Muzdum blocks it's beak with his shield and prepares a counter stroke.

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
[U]
Character             AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Therella              15  12  none/none
Le Jubb               17   8  trident/none
Cockatrice            [COLOR=Cyan]13[/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]  16[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Cyan]charging[/COLOR][/I]
Krad                  17  11  c.blade/none 
Muzdum                20  11  w.axe&shield/none
Anna                   [COLOR=Plum]9[/COLOR]   6  none/[I][COLOR=Plum]petrification[/COLOR][/I][DEX -1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Round 1:
Therella - move, attack (hit dmg: 3), drop crossbow free
Le Jubb - move, toss bomb (hit dmg: 8)
Cockatrice - charges, (miss)
Krad - not gone yet
Muzdum - not gone yet
Anna - not gone yet [/sblock]

Attachments

• Fight2 rd1.5.jpg
    Fight2 rd1.5.jpg