[LPF] The Old Alchemist

toasterferret

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Im going to post my action in a slightly different than normal format bc I will be away from my computer for the next 15 hours or so. If the rest of the party moves in a fashion to allow Anna to cast Color Spray (15ft cone) w/o hitting anyone or having to move point blank and make a concentration check, thats what she will do, elsewise she will move to the best possible location and cast acid splash, muttering fiercly under her breath about how she really MUST try and learn some magics that rely less on positioning...[/sblock]

Animal

First Post
After a moment of hesitation Krad moves to help Muzdum fend off the strange beast.

[sblock=OOC]move to the left of Muzdum, draw weapon and attack. also, toast, my character has no idea that Anna can cast colour spray and how it works. maybe it would be easier for Anna if she discussed tactics with the others in character.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Therella not one to be left out a good melee, moves in on the elder dragon-chicken. She slices down on the creature with her large blade.

Moving to flank with Muzdum, without drawing AoOs (2 squares SE, 1 square NE)
Attack 1d20+6=18
Damage 1d10+4=6

[sblock=Therella's Status]Half-Elf Ranger 1
Initiative: +4 Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 12 of 12
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +2
In Hand: elven curved blade +4 (1d10+4)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum grins when Therella flanks with him. "Da's a good move there lass" says the dwarf and gets ready to chop heads. He swings his axe poorly though.

OOC: Damn dice! I've not been able to hit anything!

Cyansylph

First Post
Le Jubb ducks out of instant as the beast charges past him only to slam into Muzdum's shield. With the beasts back exposed, Le jubb takes his trident in both hands and stabs fiercely at it, spilling its blood on the dirty ground.
OOC: not that it matters, but I forgot Animal is opposite side for flanking should be 1d20+2 +2(flank).

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Krad moves forward and slices the cockatrice across the back while Muzdum gets in a good shot across one of it's legs. Anna casts her acid splash spell in hopes to finish the creature off, but the chaotic melee throws off her aim.

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
[U]
Character             AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Therella              15  12  none/none
Le Jubb               17   8  trident/none
Cockatrice            [COLOR=Cyan]13[/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]   3[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Cyan]charging[/COLOR][/I]
Krad                  17  11  c.blade/none 
Muzdum                20  11  w.axe&shield/none
Anna                   [COLOR=Plum]9[/COLOR]   6  none/[I][COLOR=Plum]petrification[/COLOR][/I][DEX -1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Round 1:
Therella - move, attack (hit dmg: 3), drop crossbow free
Le Jubb - move, toss bomb (hit dmg: 8)
Cockatrice - charges, (miss)
Krad - move, attack (hit, dmg: 9)
Muzdum - attack (hit, dmg: 4)
Anna - acid splash (miss)[/sblock]

End of Round 1...

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Beginning of Round 2...

UTherella steps in to finish the bird with a clean stroke threw it's back. The blade pokes out the creatures chest covered in blood. But before the group can celebrate the quick victory a female voice cries out...

"Oh no! Master they have killed your favorite pet! We have to stop them they will kill us all!"

Turning towards the balcony at the top of the steps everyone sees two people in the robes and trappings of an apprentice. The female is lifting something quickly to her lips and drinking it down, while the male steps forward to the ledge of the balcony. He quickly pours something into another vial and tosses it towards Krad. "Get down!" Le Jubb yells covering his head.

The vial misses the Tengu by mere feet landing with a crash next to the dead cockatrice. A weird liquid hisses on the cobblestones and than...

*BA_BOOM*

A ball of fire engulfs the area singeing everyone, although Therella takes the nastiest of the burns.

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
[U]
Character             AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Therella              15   [COLOR=Orange]6[/COLOR]  c.blade/none
Acolyte(male)         15   9  none/none
Acoylte(female)       15   9  none/none
Le Jubb               17   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  trident/none
Cockatrice            [COLOR=White]15[/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]  [COLOR=Red]-3[/COLOR][/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]dying[/I][/COLOR]
Krad                  17   [COLOR=Orange]8[/COLOR]  c.blade/none 
Muzdum                20   [COLOR=Orange]8[/COLOR]  w.axe&shield/none
Anna                   [COLOR=Plum]9[/COLOR]   6  none/[I][COLOR=Plum]petrification[/COLOR][/I][DEX -1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Round 2:
Therella - attack (hit, dmg: 6)
Acolyte(male) - move, throws bomb(deadly aim), (miss- 1 sq. SE of Krad splash dmg: 6 Save DC: 13)
Acoylte(female) - drinks extract
Le Jubb - none yet
Krad - none yet
Muzdum - none yet
Anna - none yet[/sblock]

Attachments

• Fight2 rd2.jpg
    Fight2 rd2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Need for you to redo your Round 2 action Cyan as the bird was dead before your turn. You could still stick the fork in it cuze it waz done. :p [/sblock]

Cyansylph

First Post
[sblock=OOC]don't mean to be a rules lawyer, but just curious since i am an alchemist myself. I was under the impression that missed splash attacks used 1d8 to determine the direction of the miss toss, and then you counted a range increment (probably 10 or 20ft) in that direction to determine where it landed. Did you use the miss increment above?

Also I am assuming that the ball of fire did fire damage. I have 5 fire resistance (tiefling) which might come into play...[/sblock]
Le Jubb scrambles forward and attempts to return fire on the alchemist who just assaulted them.
[sblock=actions]
move: 2 squares SW and then 2 squares W.
standard: throw another bomb! at the male acolyte! 1d20+6, dmg: 1d6+6; splash radius of 1 for 7dmg; reflex save for half splash dmg; DC 15; crit 20/x2; ranged touch attack
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Animal

First Post
Confused for some moments, Krad finally manages to assess the situation and darts up the stairs. He slips past the man and stops right between the two alchemists, his blade readied. "Surrender and you will be spared! Are you apprentices of Andrax? We have business with him!"

OOC: Move, ready action: if one of the two is about to commense a hostile action - attack

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases