[LPF] The Old Alchemist

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna, seeing the blooming fireball and new targets, begins to cast a spell

Her eyes blaze as she chants and gestures, building up her store of power before releasing her spell.

OOC: Sleep, 1 round cast time

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=DM ruling] When you throw a splash weapon it only moves off target one square per range increment thrown. (Max range of splash weapon is 5 increments)

Bomb range increment 20' (max range 100')[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
So the male acolyte threw from one increment away so it fell one square away. Looks like anytime an alchemist throws from within 20' they will be granted at least half splash dmg to a target. But have to watch out throwing into melee. Although if they delayed and all their buddies attacked and took a 5' step back... should be alright.[/sblock]

[sblock=Edit] Might want to look up Splash Weapon Mastery in AA. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cyansylph

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for clearing that up. I had missed a few crucial words when reading it: Then, count a number of squares in the indicated direction equal to the number of range increments thrown. The thrown object lands that number of spaces away from the target. Makes sense to me now. I think that acolyte did more dmg on a miss than he would have on a hit! Good thing I just scalded his face; that will show him!

I will have to check out Splash Weapon mastery. Already considering Precise Shot feat (to reduce misses into melee), and Precise bombs discovery(to ignore friendly tiles).[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum takes his small axe and is ready to throw it to the apprentices if they don't surrender. The dwarf is sure he'll get a killing throw. "Surrender now, otherwise ye'll goin' ta sleep wit' an axe in yer head."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The man is engulfed in flames and with a shriek falls into the courtyard. His robes continue to burn as he lies motionless in the dirt.

Muzdum and Krad ready themselves should the last Acolyte try and harm them further. And Anna starts to cast a spell the intones of her enchantment nearly whispered from behind the group.

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
[U]
Character             AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Therella              15   [COLOR=Orange]6[/COLOR]  c.blade/none
Acolyte(male)         15  [COLOR=Red]-3[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
Acoylte(female)       15   9  none/none
Le Jubb               17   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  trident/none
Cockatrice       [COLOR=White]     15[/COLOR][COLOR=White]  [COLOR=Red]-4[/COLOR]  none[/COLOR]/[COLOR=Red][I]dying[/I][/COLOR]
Krad                  17   [COLOR=Orange]8[/COLOR]  c.blade/[I][COLOR=Yellow]ready[/COLOR][/I]
Muzdum                20   [COLOR=Orange]8[/COLOR]  t.axe&shield/[I][COLOR=Yellow]ready[/COLOR][/I]
Anna                   [COLOR=Plum]9[/COLOR]   6  none/[I][COLOR=Plum]petrification[/COLOR][/I][DEX -1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Round 2:
Therella - attack (hit, dmg: 6)
Acolyte(male) - move, throws bomb(deadly aim), (miss- 1 sq. SE of Krad splash dmg: 6 Save DC: 13)
Acoylte(female) - drinks extract
Le Jubb - throws bomb (hit, dmg: 12)
Krad - moves, ready action
Muzdum - draws t.axe, ready action
Anna - starts casting sleep[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Therella is up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
The badly burned woman is shaken for several moments. She becomes aware of her companions, but only seems to to hear them as if she were under water, in her dazed state. She catches Anna casting something and looks in the direction of her gaze. Blade in hand, she moves to the bottom of the stairs by the unopened door and waits to see how things play out.

(( move and delay, I do not wish to be in the spells area of effect. ))

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The female acolyte goes for her dagger, most assuredly not ready to surrender.

OCC: Krad gets his ready action. Songdragon you may post your delayed action whenever you wish.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases