[LPF] The Old Alchemist

Cyansylph

First Post
Le Jubb leans back against a wall and begins to page through a formula book, suggesting his felllows get to work.
"Alright then, we make camp here and set a watch and wait for Sefaro. I need to look over these formula books for a while, then I will lend a hand. Let me know when it is my watch."

OOC: [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] any new formulas in these books?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Ok both books have the following spells:

bomber's eye
cure light wounds
endure elements
expeditious retreat
identify
true strike (hence the +21 to hit sorry Animal ;))

Only One spell you can get actually now that I look at it. Endure Elements. Odd guess we thought of the same cool spells for a lvl 1 Alchemist. :p So you will need two hours, a DC 16 Spellcraft check, and 10gp to transcribe it into your book.[/sblock]

Animal

First Post
Krad humphs "This tower is apparently inhabited. We don't need a camp. We'll just find a large room to rest in." His tension seems to go away, as he presumes that their task is almost complete. But, supersticious as amost mercenaries, he keeps the rest of his thoughts to himself and ascends to the towertop in order to survey the surroundings.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Will advance to the next more come FRI afternoon, just want to be sure no one wants to do anything else before we continue.

Don't forget to have someone update the carriage drivers.[/sblock]

[sblock=EDIT]
[MENTION=100541]toasterferret[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION] wish to do anything before advancing? Will advance this come tomorrow night regardless.

Note: Heard VV is without internet for a while.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
(( There was just Therella's query asking if she can be of some help. Seems to be more afoot then meets the eye. Hoping that there was more... ;) ))

Once the conversation with the older gentleman is over, Therella will venture outside to let the carriage drivers that all is well and that the group will be spending the night.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group is told that through the door on the steps is the barracks of the guard. None are here at the moment as they went with Sefaro. They can use the extra bunks there or make camp where ever they wish.

After a long quiet night they all awake and gather once more to speak with Andrax. He sits hold the baby cockatrice once more this time the creature is awake and eating seed from the man's hand.

"Doesn't that make your condition worse?"
Anna asks rubbing her arm where she was bit the day before. The stone like area is gone and her flexibility has returned, all that remains is a yellowish bruise that will soon be gone as well. <DEX restored>

"No, no I am immune to it now, as are others of my order."
Andrax says sitting the small bird down and scattering the seed. He rises and walks with a great limp (almost like one leg will not bend) to one of the tables. He notices the looks from the group and then as he mix, checks, and remixes something he speaks.

"My order is known as The Brotherhood of the Basilisk. We are a small group of alchemist and wizards who have in one form or the other experimented with the effects of stoning. Myself and others have been trying to increase the power of the mutagenes we drink to become stronger, quicker, or use for greater endurance. We had wished to add an effect to help protect us from harm by using the power of the basilisk, the medusa, and the cockatrices to turn flesh into stone. Transforming our skin to a stone like substance but keeping us mobile.

And of course we didn't wish for it to be that way forever, which is exactly what has happened. For years now I have been looking for a way to reverse my condition, and the condition of the others. I have been out here studying and raising my pets watching them stone a rat or squirrel. Trying to milk the glands or... "
he stops and holds a vial up to the light and shakes it. "... or removing them. Everything I have discovered is in the journal. The others will pass on my work and maybe other younger alchemist will find a cure or a way to perfect what we could not."

[sblock=OOC] Also a reminder - when you mentioned the people outside the group got no reaction from Andrax. In his distraught state it didn't sink in. ;)

NOTE: need HP for the day - make a note if anyone wanted to use any healing (if you have any) and spells/extracts/mutagenes prepared for the day. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases