[LPF] The Old Alchemist

Songdragon

Explorer
(( No healing here... so gain of 1 hp for a night of sleep... if we get one. ))

[sblock=Therella's Status]Half-Elf Ranger 1
Initiative: +4 Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 7 of 12
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +2
In Hand: elven curved blade +4 (1d10+4)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] 24 hour bump. Just letting everyone know I will advance this tomorrow night. Only really need to know if [MENTION=40328]Animal[/MENTION] is still with us. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Great, advancing then.

The morning goes by slowly as the party sits around and waits for Sefaro to return. It is a little past noon and the man and his guard are still not back to the tower.

So the party waits another long hour but it becomes obvious to everyone that he is not coming back.

[sblock=OOC] I have to leave for work here soon but wanted to give everyone the chance to RP them discussing options. If Andrax is address he will just say that Sefaro told him he would return in the morning. And he doesn't know why he hasn't. Sense Motive DC 0 = Andrax is just as perplexed as the party as to what is going on.

Note: Sefaro btw was the chap who the group first talked to when they arrived at the tower. Charming fellow wasn't he. :p[/sblock]

Animal

First Post
When it became obvious to everyone that Sefaro and his men were not coming back, Krad grimly started to prepare for another trip. Although he did rest well during the night, yesterday's misfortunes have left some marks on his body, which he was unable to properly treat. Several burns from alchemist grenades were still hurting like hell and a clumsy bandage covering the gash on his face was red with both fresh and dried blood. We will follow them and find out what happened. I don't see what else we could do. You said you were also a tracker, Therella - two rangers won't have any problems with tracking a group of heavily armed men. Wincing a bit he straps his armour on, waiting for his companions to critique or compliment his plan or maybe come up with different ideas.

[sblock]in the meantime Krad inspects the bunks of missing soldiers, trying to gather more information (at least the size of the group)[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The half-elf woman takes up a bunk and rests. She wakes still sore from several burns she incurred the previous day. She will look in on the little cocktice before joining the others.

As the day drags on with no sign of the men she will convene with the others. At Krad's question she answers, "Aye, I am ranger. That sounds like the best plan. Someone or thing has waylaid those men."

She will gather her things and meet the others out front of the tower.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the group readies to go searching for Sefaro and his men Krad makes an odd discovery in the bunkhouse.

In addition to Sefaro there were only two other soldiers here. But near the bunk of their leader was what looked to be a rough draft of a letter. Sefaro's signature is written at the bottom in several different ways as if he didn't know how he wanted to sign it.

[sblock=Note]
In regards to your last offer I am afraid it is to low. If Once I wrestle that old man's journal from him I will require double if not triple the pay.

You said not to harm him in getting it and and to make sure he doesn't turn it over to the Brotherhood of the Basilisk. So you have made it very tough for me to obtain it.If not impossible.

Yes triple sounds about right. When the book is in my possession I will take it to my hideaway in the woods north of Flint Tower and send word to you.

Sir Sefaro
Sefaro, Knights Champion
Sefaro, Order of the Cockatrice
Sefaro, Champion in the Order of the Cockatrice
[/sblock]

Krad joins the group a peculiar look on his bird like features.

Animal

First Post
Krad silently reads the letter several times, opening and shutting his beak with a predatory clang. Finally, he joins the group, his head bobbing and his eyes glittering slyly. Slowly he unfolds the letter and reads it aloud to his companions and Andrax. After he mockingly cited all the imaginary titles Sefaro invented for himself, he folds the letter and tucks it somewhere under his armour. "We must get to him before this order of Cockatrice does." He glances at Andrax sideways, but doesn't say anything to him, reluctant to further humiliate the old man. Silently he turns to walk out after Therella and after mentioning to her contents of the letter, he starts looking for tracks, while the others are still gathering their belongings.

[sblock]guys? HolyMan, should we hold our horses till others show up? what happened to everyone else?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
The half-elf nods to Krad as he appears. If he relays what he found to her she will nod and reply, "Best we get started then."

Therella starts look for a starting point of the fleeing soldiers. (( Survival (Tracking) 1d20+7=12 Blah...:-S ))

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases