[LPF] The Old Alchemist - Page 23


What's on your mind?

  1. #221
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Animal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    335
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Animal
    My communities:

    Krad seems to be too occupied with the tracks to pay enough attention to his surroundings.

 

  • #222
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    The half-elf moves along, vigilant for any sign of danger...

    (( Perception 1d20+8=24 ))

  • #223
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,071
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    "...and so t'ere was I, suddenly aware t'at dis damn 'alfling 'ad picked my pockets. So I hurry be'ind 'im, grab 'im by 'is curly 'air and push 'im off into de water bellow the docks. I couldn't possibly know t'at was a shark infested area..." Muzdum finishes another of his stories as the group advances through the foresty path. Apparently, the dwarf has more stories than kilograms. Despite his obvious lack concentration, the dwarf's eyes are piercing through the forest canopy.
    Last edited by Voda Vosa; Thursday, 5th May, 2011 at 07:03 AM.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #224
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    OCC: I believe marching order along the path would be Krad, Therella, Anna, Muzdum. Since the two trackers are in the lead and the sorceress shouldn't guard the rear.

    Suddenly Krad starts to trip forward, having caught his foot on a thin piece of wire. He manages to keep his feet under him but as he looks back at the spot Therella yells. "Look OUT!"

    The tengu turns in time to see a roped log swing from the canopy of trees right towards him. The half-elf ranger jumps to pull the startled tengu out of the line of the log. She is only partly successful as the log clips Krad across the back of the head as Therella pulls him down to the ground.

    Stats

    Code:
    Character             AC  HP  InHand/Condition
    Krad                  19   3  ??/aided
    Therella              15   7  c.bow/none
    Anna                  10   8  none/none
    Muzdum                20   9  t.axe&shield/ready

    Ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal
    correct me if i'm wrong, but if Therella rolls her survival to "aid" Krad he can take 10 and actually follow the tracks at full speed. eh?
    Not sure it would work like that. As it takes time to "take 10" - usually more than a standard round. I will look into it for future uses if you wish.

    Experience

    Swinging Log Trap: CR1 = 400xp
    divided by 4 players = 100xp each
    Last edited by HolyMan; Monday, 30th May, 2011 at 06:27 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #225
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    toasterferret's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    539
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore toasterferret
    My communities:

    Anna gasps as the log swings down and strikes Krad. She wildly looks around, the incantations of a spell already on her lips, as she takes a step toward Muzdum.

  • #226
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Animal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    335
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Animal
    My communities:

    Trying his best not to lose conciousness after being whacked in the head by the swinging log, Krad crawls away from the path, trying to hide in the undergrowth. "This is your bit of warning, mage! Scatter and look out, they will probably get here soon." He readies his bow and raises his head enough to look around for more traps or incoming foes.

  • #227
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    toasterferret's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    539
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore toasterferret
    My communities:

    Anna sticks like glue to the dwarf's side as she looks about nervously.

    "I'm going to take you up on your previous offer of protection Muzdum, if that's quite all right with you. Keep them off me and I'll make them easy pickings for your axe."

    She scans the surroundings with her untrained eyes, not really certain of what she is looking for, but ready to fire off an incantation at the first thing that moves.

  • #228
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    After saving the tengu from the worst of the trap she stumbles back into the bushes at the side of the trail, but her armor catches on a branch and she pulls making loud cracking noises. She curses and listens for any trouble.

    Stealth 1d20+5=8
    Perception 1d20+8=16

  • #229
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Krad picks up the trail again and this time the group follows a little more cautiously. It is not long before they hear the clatter of men wearing armor and the whinny of a horse. Then everyone sees the small encampment trough the trees.

    "I know you fools are out there!"
    Sefaro says from atop his mount. "If you are here for the journal you will have to make me an offer for it!"

    OOC
    Roll INIT and we will play this one step at a time.

    Map key: The brown dots are thin tall trees that you may use for cover (see CORE pg. 425) they do not block or slow movement just give a bonus to AC/reflex saves.

    Need Krad's weapon in hand as he moved through the woods.

    Combat

    Code:
    Character             AC  HP  InHand/Condition
    Krad                  17   3  ??/none
    Therella              15   7  c.bow/none
    Anna                  10   8  none/none
    Muzdum                20   9  t.axe&shield/ready
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TOA-rd1.jpg  
    Last edited by HolyMan; Monday, 9th May, 2011 at 09:41 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #230
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Therella curses. She then lowers her profile hoping not to be seen just yet before the group starts forward. She looks back at Anna and whispers, "Here is your warning. Do what you need to do."

    Initiative: 1d20+4=17

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [AS&SH] The ALchemist
      By JZavoda in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 4th August, 2013, 09:49 PM
    2. Supplement #1: The Alchemist
      By Vigilance in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 13th December, 2009, 11:54 PM
    3. an alchemist's puzzle
      By Quickleaf in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 19th October, 2009, 05:07 AM
    4. Fullmetal Alchemist
      By Silas the Mariner in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Sunday, 20th February, 2005, 11:24 PM
    5. The Master Alchemist
      By Baron Opal in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Wednesday, 12th January, 2005, 04:08 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •