[LPF] The Old Alchemist

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Everyone having agreed to Thurkin's request the man rises stiffly and shuffles towards the door. "Please wait here I will send the carriage and tell the driver where you are." Looking towards Le Jubb and the dwarf he adds, "I will send in a round of drinks as well."

With that your new mysterious employer departs leaving everyone the chance to get to know one another.

[sblock=OOC] RP if you wish I will advance this WED nite unless there is a good conversation going. This is the small chance to develop your characters personalities and such. Been missing that in my other LPF games but wish to give everyone a chance from now on.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
There is a silence as the strange employer departs. As the drinks arrive Therella takes up a mug of ale and sits back looking over the group. Her gazes settles on the bird-man and she asks, "Pardon me for looking you over, I have not seen your kind before. What is your race?"

Animal

First Post
Krad sits down but doesn't touch the drinks. Although he does crunch on the available snack (if any). "Among humans, my people are called Tengu, if you must know." He answers Therella's question, glaring at her sideways.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Krad's gaze is more than a little unnerving but she meets it, "Apologies if the query offended you. I have traveled much of my life and have not seen a Tengu before."

She looks to the others before long and comments, "This is going to be a rather quiet journey by the sounds of things." She takes a long pull of her drink before placing the mug on the table before her.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna glances at the half-elf woman.

"Nonsense, I think some of them are just shy. They will come out of their shells."

She glances at the rest of the party, taking a sip of her wine.

"So whats everyones story? I'm rather new to this whole "freelancing" thing..."

Animal

First Post
"Quiet and swift journeys are my specialization" he agrees in his strange croaking voice, it is very hard to discern if he is serious or just joking. "Tengus are not too numerous but expect to see more of my kind in these parts."
At Anna's offer to exchane stories, Krad grunts in amusement, but stays silent. Apparently he doesn't trust his companions that much or just doesn't want to spend time on strangers most of whom might as well be dead by this time tomorrow.

Voda Vosa

First Post
“Well… I was really hopin’ to get moving but that doesn’t seem to be happenin’ soon, so…” Grabbing an ale, the dwarf lets his weight fall dead on the chair, making it creak, and spilling some of the beer in his hairy forearm. “Me be Muzdum Blackrock, if ye have to know. My clan be famous fer tavern brawls and guttin’ monsters and guttin’ other things, as well as whackin’. Yeah, guttin’ and whackin’ seems to be our thin’.” The dwarf shrugs. “But apparently our harshness has not done us any good among other dwarves, our clan halls were destroyed and we the remanents, are spread out, each one dealin’ with its own stuff, not very concerned about the rest. I think we are a self fish bastard lot, if ye will”

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group talks little so is quite ready to leave when the carriage driver knocks on the door to the room. They file out of the Dunn Wright and board a deep brown enclosed vehicle that seems of new cut pine and lacquer.

The emblem on the door shows a six legged lizard coiled around a stylized "B" on one side and on the other a strange chicken dragon also grasping a large "B".

syn-basilisk.jpg

The velvet cushions make for a comfortable (physical) ride, but the decor of lizards, chicken dragons, and even a large medusa carved into the woodwork make it an uncomfortable (mentally) ride. And the group has to spend the rest of the day and part of the next in the strange carriage.

The group makes a quiet camp and turns in early. In the morning they prepare themselves as best they can for what might lie ahead. The drive tells them that they will reach Flint Tower a couple hours afters after noon and true to his word the tower does comes into view then.

It is a large roundish thing with no extra towers or buildings. Made of some grayish stone it is pitted in places testament to having come under siege at least once.

The driver pulls up about a mile away atop a hill looking down to where the gates of the tower stand shut. As instructed he is to watch and wait. And it seems he is not going back on that. The walk is not far so everyone gathers their gear and heads out.

It looks like the tower is abandoned from a distance but as the group gets closer they start to see signs of life...

OOC: Perception checks, spells/mutagens for the day if necessary. After everyone posts up I will describe the area.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum gets his hands on his hips, appreciating the stonework of the tower. He raises his lower lip, and frowns lightly. "What a piece o' crap!" he proclaims loudly. "Al'rig't, lets get t'at damn book, and get our goldies." he adds, and keeps stomping towards the tower.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna follows behind Muzdum, smirking at his comments about the tower. She seems nervous, and tries to stick in the middle of the group whenever possible. Figuring that now is as good a time as ever, she adresses the group casually.

"If anything does decide to jump out and try to make a snack of us or some other sort of unpleasantries, I may be able to lull them to sleep. If that happens I expect you all with the big sharp weapons to go and take care of them for me." She flashes a smile at the last half of her statement, before continuing to trudge on toward the tower.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases