[proposal] Adjustments to the character approval process.

covaithe

Explorer
In the dim past, the process was something like this:

1. Some enthusiastic volunteer says they'd like to help review characters.
  2. A judge (sometimes me, but not always) adds them to the list of people who get notified of new character submissions.
  3. Players email the judges when they believe they're ready for approval. Through the magic of email forwarding, those emails get copied to the assistant reviewers as well.
  4. When someone, judge or otherwise, reviews a sheet, they respond to the initial email (being sure to Reply All). They also note their review on the sheet itself.
  5. When a character has been reviewed by two people, at least one being a judge, they're good to go. That fact gets noted in the email thread, too.

In short, the list of who needed reviews and who was working on what lived entirely in email threads.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it still works that way. I haven't kept up with the character reviews in some time.

What's the backlog like these days?

renau1g

First Post
The furthest one back I show is Prime from Someone, I haven't seen a reply addressing THB's comments so it's on hold. (from Oct last year). I show 4 from Dec, 7 from Feb, and 2 this month.

Someone

Adventurer
The furthest one back I show is Prime from Someone, I haven't seen a reply addressing THB's comments so it's on hold.

Off topic, but whoa I totally forgot about him. I corrected the mistakes as the sheet shows, but looks like I forgot to email back.

renau1g

First Post
Is he still active? I can take a look at him if so.

Oh and those numbers are ones that I've not reviewed yet, there's probably more that I've reviewed that require a 2nd lookover...

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I think the best process improvement would be to have a list of what's in the queue, in order, that players can look at and know is up to date. So that people can see how many are ahead of them and how fast it's moving, rather than just silence.

But having yet another wiki page to keep up to date won't do any good, because it'll just get abandoned. So I don't know how to achieve this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases