Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Scotley

Hero
Even as he is assaulted by the foes, Manous' holy symbol begins to emanate searing radiance of bright red and orange. The Divine attack leaves the Orc dazed. Manous steps back.

Colin strides forward "T'would appear that the ole Cock n' Dog is occupied after all!" Colin swings his magical blade in the general direction of the door. As he does, white, pink, red, and purple colored musical notes float in the air past the sword's wake. The weapon hums a tune to inspire Colin's allies. "Thar be enemies, me friends. Let us have at 'em!" The Orc stumbles away from the thundering music a trickle of blood dripping from one ear and Lucien takes the opening provided to land a blow and pursue the Orc.

Aislinn walks toward the door, drawing to her cheek and releasing an arrow in a smooth, practiced motion at the only target she can currently see and her aim is true taking the Orc in the leg.

Francois, Malkyr and Wilhelm move into position at the back door. Malkyr's movements are so stealthy his own companions are startled at his appearance by the door.

As the pair of 'brave' swashbucklers are peppered with arrows and axes, the shardmind shakes his head in exasperation. He moves lightly around his horse up behind Colin to continue using the small amount of cover available.

Well that was a great plan...

The mage reaches into the empty holster and draws out an impossibly thin crystal rocket, pointing it at the doorway and pulls a string out of the back of it with his staff wielding hand. The projectile lances strait out, threading its way between the two pin cushions and strikes the raging orc squarely in his heaving green chest.

Then a little swarthy-skinned girl steps out from behind Thayoon, wielding a pair of identical daggers with wicked intent toward anyone that would dare attack the canny, crystalline man.

Lucien plants another stout blow on the Orc leaving him bloodied.

Ali moves forward, looking for a ranged target. Catching sight of the Orc he hurls his blade with devastating accuracy. The blade leaves the wound and returns to Ali as the Orc crumples to the floor dead as a stone.

Tabitha reaches the door and quietly opens it to peer inside. The band of Orcs within seems to take little notice.

The Orcs are scattered about the larger lower floor of the inn. A few are on a balcony the runs about the center of the room. One with a bow even perches on a chandelier hanging from the high ceiling near the front of the room.

The archers fire again. One arrow bounces off Manous' armor and Lucien ducks another. One clatters on the doorjamb near Colin's head and then the fourth strikes Aislinn in the stomach with enough power to force her back onto the stairs (10 damage and push one square). Orcs close and make failed attacks at Manous and Lucien. Others are closing from around the room.

OOC: Actions?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: You sure that's not an act of war, Luxembourg of the Edition Wars? And isn't he bigger than you are?
OOC: Not to worry, Bro, he's WAYYY up in Missouri. No way he can reach me from there. And last I heard his vehicle couldn't make a trip this long. (Anyway, he knows I wuv 'im.)

OOC: Ooops, I thought this was the OOC thread for a second there.

Lou

Explorer
Alejandro Ali Arroyo

OOC: IMMEDIATE INTURRUPT if orc hits a friend in melee--range 10

[sblock=NEVER MIND THIS ROUND]

Use L3 Encounter: Dimensional Vortex (Encounter-arcane, implement, teleportation) immediate int when enemy hit ally with melee atk, target INT v Will, range 10, teleport target 5 squares, target atks a creature of my choice if available

So hold the phone on ending round 1 if that 18 hits....

[sblock=stat block]
Alejandro Arroyo Shielding Swordmage 4
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:19, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 47/47 (+0 temp hp), Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 11 with 10/10 remaining (currently with 0 temp hp)
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Swordmage Abilites: Swordbond (summon bonded magic sword up to 1 mile), Aegis of Shielding (AW-minor cb2 MARK, atk on others if hit, reduce damage by 7 as imm int); (Improved) Swordmage Warding (+2 AC if holding sword, +4 if off hand empty)
Powers:
At-Will: Luring Strike (W) +11 v AC 1d8+1 crit +1d6, Lightning Lure (I) r3 +8 v Fort 1d6+6 crit +1d8, Sword Burst (I) cb1 all +8 v Ref 1d6+6 crit +1d8 Basic Melee LS +11 v AC 1d8+8 crit +1d6, Heavy Thrown LS +8 v AC 1d8+3 crit +1d6, Basic Ranged Crossbow +6 v AC 1d8+2
Encounter: Sword of Sigils (W) std, cb1, enemies in burst, +11 v AC hit: 1d8+6 crit +1d6, target is marked UEYNT, 5 damage if atk not incl you; Aegis of Shielding-marked target hits creature in 10 not incl you, Immed int, reduce one damage by 2. Dimensional Vortex (I) imm int when enemy hit ally with melee atk, r10 +8 v Will 1d8+6, teleport target 5 squares, target atks a creature of my choice if available, when used w aegis of shielding mark, atk adds 2 to dam
Daily: Vanishing Blade (W) std, one, +11 v AC, 2d8+6 crit +1d6 MISS: half damage; effect: teleport 5 and invisible EOYNT; for rest of encounter, on basic melee hit, teleport 3 as free action
Utility: Dimensional Warp (Encounter) minor, cb3 (you and ally or two allies change places)

Str. 14, Dex. 14, Con. 14, Int. 20, Wis. 10, Cha. 8
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Initiative Order
Colin 21
Manous 21
Aislinn 18
Francois 18
Wilhelm 16
Malkyr 14
Thayoon 11
Lucien 10
Ali 9
Tabitha 9

Orcs 7

OOC: No changes to the upper and exterior maps at this point.

Attachments

• cock and dog roadhouse interior R2.xls
    134.5 KB · Views: 106

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: So the lower level map WILL change? Or can Manous jump on in and whup some orc ass yet? Manous did already spend his healing surge, didn't he....I hope?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: So the lower level map WILL change? Or can Manous jump on in and whup some orc ass yet? Manous did already spend his healing surge, didn't he....I hope?

OOC: The map I just posted is current with the updates. The other two did not change so I didn't repost. Manous might want to take a second wind. I didn't see a post saying he had spent a surge. Whup some orc ass whenever you are ready sir!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aislinn holds her position, taking advantage of the cover to limit her exposure to the archers inside. She whispers a prayer to Boldrei as she launches an arrow at an orc archer on the balcony. The arrow slams into the orcs shoulder and punches through. The young bard immediately sends another arrow flying, but this one misses high and thunks into the ceiling above the orc's head.

[sblock=Actions]Standard:
Prophesied Strike (1d20+9=24) vs. AC (Orc L10) for Damage (1d10+5=6), and the next attack you or an ally makes against the target rolls twice and takes the better result.
Spend Action Point
Standard:
Jinx Shot (1d20+9=13, 1d20+9=13) Ummm, let's see. I believe I'll take the 13. :mad:

(I'll leave you all to imagine the long, steady and vitriolic stream of invective flying through my head as the second of my "Roll twice and take the better of the two rolls" abilities results in two rolls less than a freakin' 10! Those four rolls have been a 2, a 6, a 4 and a 4! Frak!)[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
POST ALSO RETCONNED.

OOC: Ok, I guess it's not really possible for Manous to withdraw from combat in here, is it?

Manous begins round two by spending his second wind to regain 11 hp. (increases all of his Defenses by +2, btw)

Then he uses the total defense action (another +2 to All Defenses) for his next standard action.
Can't do this, so Manous will just Delay for his move action and will study the battlefield to see where he can best lend his prowess.

So for one round only, Manous's Defenses are:
AC: 25
Fort: 18
Ref: 18
Will: 19
and his current hp=20

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases