Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Lou

Explorer
OOC: The map I just posted is current with the updates. The other two did not change so I didn't repost. Manous might want to take a second wind. I didn't see a post saying he had spent a surge. Whup some orc ass whenever you are ready sir!

OOC: Scotley and Leif: reread Insight's post at #69, where Colin used Majestic Word on Lucien, who regains (Surge Value + 4) hit points. Also read Leif's post at #73, where the paladin tried to withdraw a square. Funny, since Colin just pushed Manous Lucien a square forward.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Scotley and Leif: reread Insight's post at #69, where Colin used Majestic Word on Lucien, who regains (Surge Value + 4) hit points. Also read Leif's post at #73, where the paladin tried to withdraw a square. Funny, since Colin just pushed Manous Lucien a square forward.

OOC: Yeah, I saw Lucien got a surge, but nothing for Manous. I thought I moved Manous, but if he's not in the right place Leif let me know and I'll adjust the map.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Lou, yeah, things got a bit garbled there. The way I interpreted things was that Manous was not able to take a 10-foot step back becase of the forward press of his comrades, so he's just going to Spend a Healing Surge and Delay this round. ;)
Post Retconned

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Post #73 is also where Manous stated that he was pulling back a square. If Manous switches places with Colin, it will be as I intended. Insight may have other ideas about this....

MANOUS WILL DEFIITELY SPEND HIS SECOND WIND AT THIS POINT. [11 HP BACK]

Just as proof of what I said, here it is:
Leif said:
+2 for one-half level added to the attack, too, so it's an 17, plus +2 more for Magic Holy Symbol makiing the attack a 19 vs. the orc's reflex for 15 damage. [Standard Action] Manous will then withdraw and move to his rear one square, which he can do without provoking attacks of opportunity. [Move Action]

So for one round only, Manous's Defenses are:
AC: 25
Fort: 18
Ref: 18
Will: 19

Current hp=20 (after second wind)
Healing Surges remaining=11

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
But, hey! Why don't we mention [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] in a bunch of 4E threads as punishment for his denial of the new edition? :D

OOC: You sure that's not an act of war, Luxembourg of the Edition Wars? And isn't he bigger than you are?
[sblock=a big dude]
I weigh 250+ lbs on a light day, and am use to lugging heavy coils of copper wire. My grip was calculated at 90 KG. How about you Leif? as to mentions in this thread, i am sure Scotley would rather this happen in the OOC thread. Don't you agree [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] and [MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION]?[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 2

Thayoon hauls up one of the books hanging at his side and frantically cracks it open for a moment before dropping it back to his side and pulling a grenade out of the side of his pack. He spirinkles something sparkly into the top of the casque and it starts to smoke. Holding out his staff for aim, the shardmind hurls the bomb towards the door.

Inside the bar, over the clamor of clashing swords, a tiny con trail of smoke can be seen sailing just over the heads of the swashbucklers in the doorway. A bright flash, coupled with the deafening roar of fire engulfs the pair of orcs the stand next to the first fallen foe.

The mage then moves up to the relative safety of the low wall at the front edge of the steps up into the establishment, his little assassin bodyguard right on his heels. Having a line of sight further into the interior now he smiles with his eyes - sort of - and a previously unseen ally swings down out of the rafters next to one of the archers on the balcony. She has the same swarthy complection as the mage's bodyguard, and is wielding a pair of smoldering clubs.

The glowing orbs of deep blue light that pass for his eyes flash like when he spoke aloud but the orcs here nothing. Thayoon's companions in the front of bar can hear his voice perfectly in their minds however, even over the din of battle.

Maybe making a path so the others can get into the fight might be good?
[sblock=Actions]Free: Using Telepathy (5), Speaking
Minor: Summon Fire Warrior to (M,10 up on the balcony)
Move: to (J,19)
Standard: Scorching Burst centered on (K,13)Scorching Burst vs reflex (OB@(K,12)=20, OS@(K,14)=19, 1d6+7=10 fire dmg).
[/sblock][sblock=Thayoon]Thayoon—Male Shardmind Mage (Wizard) 4
Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 14
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 8/9
AC: 20, Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 17
Speed: 6
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0

Magic Missile
Hypnotism
Scorching Burst
Shard Swarm
Burning Hands
Fire Shroud
Guardian Blades
Summon Fire Warrior
Tome of Undeniable Fire +1 (daily)

Fire Warrior HP: 19/19, Bloodied: 9,
AC: 22, Fort: 20, Reflex: 18, Will: 17
Speed: 6 flying
Standard attack melee 1: +8 vs AC, 1d8+7 fire dmg.
Opportunity attack melee 1: +8 vs AC, 1d8+7 fire dmg.

Thayoon
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]My Round 2 Summary:
Orc berzerker 10 dmg
Orc savage 10 dmg

Summon Fire Warrior (Lasts until end of encounter or until killed) can make Opportunity Attacks on her own.

Any enemy that makes an attack roll while adjacent to Thayoon takes 5 force damage.

My Guardian Blades effect can't actually be targeted by others. So if they start to draw a bead on her, sweat will roll into their eyes or someone else will catch their attention instead. I'm just describing the force effect as a little bodyguard, assassin type for the swashbuckly flavor I talked about before.:cool:[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Seeing the orcs close in, a smile crosses Colin MacKinnon's face. "Bring them to me, why don't ya?" He looks down at his humming blade. "Ready to cause some mayhem, my lad?"

The dwarf moves forward, into the fray. "Me dad says the only good orc is a dead orc," Colin says, slashing at the nearest enemy. "Ye wanna be a good orc, don't ya?"

OOC: Actions:
Move Action: Colin moves forward 2 squares to L15. If Colin is already at L16 (as has been discussed), he shifts 1 square to L15.
Note: I am assuming that the corner at L16 is a "hard corner" that provides cover. If this is the case, the Orc Berserker at M15 would not get an opportunity attack at Collin as he moves by.
Standard Action: Attacks the Orc Berserker at M15 using Inspiring Refrain. I believe a 23 hits. Ooh ghetto crit for 21 damage. Each ally within 5 squares of Colin (this should be Lucien, Manous, Aislinn, and Ali -- sorry, Thayoon!) gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of Colin's next turn.
NOTE: Any ally within 5 squares of Colin who bloodies or drops an enemy to 0hp gains 5 temp hp and a +2 bonus to damage until the end of their next turn. Please keep this in mind! Ali should get this benefit from killing the Orc Berserker last time (I think Colin bloodied it and he can't get his own Virtue benefits).

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Malkyr Tsul

Malkyr quickly changes his handcrossbow to a blowgun/flute. Applying some 'stuff' on it took hardly more time before the dart flies towards the near orc savage. Before the orc can turn his head to him, his crossbow is ready again.

[sblock=OOC]

free: change weapon to blowgun
minor: apply Carrion crawler Brain Juice
standard: Precision Dart (attack, damage) (1d20+11=14, 1d4+1d8+6=16), miscalculated att bonus, still only hits 15 Reflex. 17 with combat advantage.
but takes 4 poison and is slowed even on a miss.
move to minor: Change back to crossbow

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Malkyr Tsul
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Dark Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 16 Reflex 20 Will 17
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, or sleep.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Bola Takedown, Percision Dart, Quick Shot
Encounter Powers: Cloud of Darkness, Assassin's Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Cloak of Shades
Daily Powers: Carrion Crawler Brain Juice 0/1, Poisoned Darts 4/5

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Lucien steps further into the Cock and Dog, sliding between two of the orcs. His blades whirl gracefully through the air as he slashes and thrusts at the foe with lightning swiftness.

OOC: Move 1 square to L14 (does Lucien get cover from the pillar?), and use Rain of Blows against Orc Savage (K14) and Orc Berserker (M15).

- Lifedrinker Rapier +1: +11 (1d8+7)
- Rhythm Blade Shortsword +1: +12 (1d6+7)

(I'm still a little confused about how these powers work...so is that one attack against one, an attack against the other, and then a third attack against either? If so, he'll target the most wounded looking with the third attack.)

Remove ads