Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Lou

Explorer
Alejandro (Ali) Arroyo

Ali moves forward and to the left of the orc savage in the doorway, risking an opportunity attack as he moves through to flanking position. Ali marks the opposite orc berzerker with his aegis of shielding.

Ali swirls his sword in arc that leaves the orc wondering where both blade and swordmage are as he disappears.

OOC: Orc savage at K14 gets an OA against Ali as he moves through to J14. Aegis of Shiielding on orc berzerkker at M15 (-2 to attack any but Ali and 7 damage removed as an immediate interrupt if orc hits a friend instead of Ali.) Use Daily power vanishing blade currently (CA due to flanking with Rhun/Lucian at L14) attack is +14 v AC dam 2d8+8; on hit, teleport invisible until end of Ali next turn to O14.

Each ally within 5 squares of Colin (this should be Lucien, Manous, Aislinn, and Ali -- sorry, Thayoon!) gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of Colin's next turn.
NOTE: Any ally within 5 squares of Colin who bloodies or drops an enemy to 0hp gains 5 temp hp and a +2 bonus to damage until the end of their next turn. Please keep this in mind! Ali should get this benefit from killing the Orc Berserker last time (I think Colin bloodied it and he can't get his own Virtue benefits).

[sblock=stat block]
+2 to damage until EOMNT; +1 power bonus to attacks until end of Insight/Collin's next turn
Alejandro Arroyo Shielding Swordmage 4
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:19, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 47/47 (+5 temp hp), Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 11 with 10/10 remaining (currently with 5 temp hp)
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Swordmage Abilites: Swordbond (summon bonded magic sword up to 1 mile), Aegis of Shielding (AW-minor cb2 MARK, atk on others if hit, reduce damage by 7 as imm int); (Improved) Swordmage Warding (+2 AC if holding sword, +4 if off hand empty)
Powers:
At-Will: Luring Strike (W) +11 v AC 1d8+1 crit +1d6, Lightning Lure (I) r3 +8 v Fort 1d6+6 crit +1d8, Sword Burst (I) cb1 all +8 v Ref 1d6+6 crit +1d8 Basic Melee LS +11 v AC 1d8+8 crit +1d6, Heavy Thrown LS +8 v AC 1d8+3 crit +1d6, Basic Ranged Crossbow +6 v AC 1d8+2
Encounter: Sword of Sigils (W) std, cb1, enemies in burst, +11 v AC hit: 1d8+6 crit +1d6, target is marked UEYNT, 5 damage if atk not incl you; Aegis of Shielding-marked target hits creature in 10 not incl you, Immed int, reduce one damage by 2. Dimensional Vortex (I) imm int when enemy hit ally with melee atk, r10 +8 v Will 1d8+6, teleport target 5 squares, target atks a creature of my choice if available, when used w aegis of shielding mark, atk adds 2 to dam
Daily: Vanishing Blade (W) std, one, +11 v AC, 2d8+6 crit +1d6 MISS: half damage; effect: teleport 5 and invisible EOYNT; for rest of encounter, on basic melee hit, teleport 3 as free action
Utility: Dimensional Warp (Encounter) minor, cb3 (you and ally or two allies change places)

Str. 14, Dex. 14, Con. 14, Int. 20, Wis. 10, Cha. 8
[/sblock]

OOC: Order of play is VERY important in 4e, due to the importance of movement during combat. Order is critical to swordmages, because they can move people around in combat.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paldin 4

Manous eagerly rejoins the fray feeling much better after his healing surge. He rushes to L15 and uses his encounter power Righteous Smite* [ against the orc in M15, weilding his war hammer in two hands, so he gains +1 damage if he hits.

Cha vs. AC, 2[w]+cha mod damage, and all allies w/in 5 sq. gain 9 temporary hp [looks like that will only be Colin and Lucien] So that's a 29 attack roll, and 16 hp damage to the orc in L15.

OOC: Don't forget that the target of Manous's Radiant Delirium is still DAZED until ENT (which will arrive at the end of this turn).

OOC: *snif, snif* Hey, I think I smell that Lurker again! I thought you were going to call the exterminator to fix that problem, Scotley?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
re: posting willy nilly

[sblock=non edition wars comment]
OOC: I'm forced to agree with Mowgli, with one exception - I really don't think it matters in what order characters post, as long as the DM puts everything in initiative order when he posts the round's resolution. [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] is a master of doing that. Now, that's my general feeling, but evey once in awhile you do run into a snag such as what just happened here with Stonegod. :-S
I think that posting when you see it is the party's turn and when you can,
A) speeds things up by getting all actions at first possibility
B) is realistic of the chaos of the battle in that you may plan to do an action but get superseded by a faster ally.
C) still possible to be a little tricky for the dm to sort things out. But with the copy paste on a word document you can get a good feel of what has happened.

Signed,
The eeee nnnn world lurker above
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Are we still on round 1, or what? Sorry, just a little confused. I figured Scotley would be posting a round summary that revealed what happened to whom, and update the map, before we started posting our next actions.)

Scotley

Hero
(OOC - Are we still on round 1, or what? Sorry, just a little confused. I figured Scotley would be posting a round summary that revealed what happened to whom, and update the map, before we started posting our next actions.)

OOC: Yes, summary coming shortly. Some of you are trying to act before the Orcs get a chance. Who knows you might already be dead. :devil:

Sorry for the delay, the weather was too nice and my yard too overgrown to spend time on the computer this weekend.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Lucien steps further into the Cock and Dog, sliding between two of the orcs. His blades whirl gracefully through the air as he slashes and thrusts at the foe with lightning swiftness.

OOC: Move 1 square to L14 (does Lucien get cover from the pillar?), and use Rain of Blows against Orc Savage (K14) and Orc Berserker (M15).

- Lifedrinker Rapier +1: +11 (1d8+7)
- Rhythm Blade Shortsword +1: +12 (1d6+7)

(I'm still a little confused about how these powers work...so is that one attack against one, an attack against the other, and then a third attack against either? If so, he'll target the most wounded looking with the third attack.)

OOC: Here's the revised version from the errata

Rain of Blows Fighter Attack 3
You become a blur of motion, raining a series of blows upon your opponent.
Encounter ✦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC, two attacks
Hit: 1[W] damage.
Weapon: If you’re wielding a flail, a light blade, or a spear and have Dexterity 15 or higher, make the attack a third time against either the target or a different creature.

Seems to indicate you can make three attacks, but the number of targets is confused. Note that you do just weapon damage, not adding strength bonus. I guess magic and feat bonuses still apply unless someone is aware of a ruling to the contrary. Since one guy got killed before your action we'll do all the attacks against 1.

Walking Dad

First Post
Any other bonus to damage still applies.

BTW, each attack uses the main weapon (you can use this power even with a two handed weapon), so no need to switch to d6 for the damage die.

Scotley

Hero
Initiative Order
Colin 21
Manous 21
Aislinn 18
Francois 18
Malkyr 14
Wilhelm 14
Thayoon 11
Lucien 10
Ali 9
Tabitha 9

Orcs 7

Seeing the orcs close in, a smile crosses Colin MacKinnon's face. "Bring them to me, why don't ya?" He looks down at his humming blade. "Ready to cause some mayhem, my lad?"

The dwarf moves forward, into the fray. "Me dad says the only good orc is a dead orc," Colin says, slashing at the nearest enemy.

Manous falls back a step to regroup and ready himself to continue the fight.

Aislinn holds her position, taking advantage of the cover to limit her exposure to the archers inside. She whispers a prayer to Boldrei as she launches an arrow at an orc archer on the balcony. The arrow slams into the orcs shoulder and punches through. The young bard immediately sends another arrow flying, but this one misses high and thunks into the ceiling above the orc's head.

Francois strides confidently into the room and raises Drache to his shoulder and aims carefully before blasting the archer behind the bar.

Malkyr quickly changes his handcrossbow to a blowgun/flute. Applying some 'stuff' on it took hardly more time before the dart flies towards the near orc savage. Before the Orc can turn his head to him, his crossbow is ready again. The Orc’s eyes roll back in his head and he falls to the floor dead.
Wilhelm lets the drow drop the orc by the door first. He takes a breath to steady himself, then moves into the fray. Seeing the archer by the bar, he raises Drache and lets off an explosive shot. The heavy bullet shatters its tibia, forcing it back in pain while the old man takes cover behind the bar.
Thayoon hauls up one of the books hanging at his side and frantically cracks it open for a moment before dropping it back to his side and pulling a grenade out of the side of his pack. He spirinkles something sparkly into the top of the casque and it starts to smoke. Holding out his staff for aim, the shardmind hurls the bomb towards the door.

Inside the bar, over the clamor of clashing swords, a tiny contrail of smoke can be seen sailing just over the heads of the swashbucklers in the doorway. A bright flash, coupled with the deafening roar of fire engulfs the pair of Orcs the stand next to the first fallen foe. One of them joins him on the floor next to the other dead Orc. The other swats at the flames on his clothes and looks madder than before.

The mage then moves up to the relative safety of the low wall at the front edge of the steps up into the establishment, his little assassin bodyguard right on his heels. Having a line of sight further into the interior now he smiles with his eyes - sort of - and a previously unseen ally swings down out of the rafters next to one of the archers on the balcony. She has the same swarthy complexion as the mage's bodyguard, and is wielding a pair of smoldering clubs.

The glowing orbs of deep blue light that pass for his eyes flash like when he spoke aloud but the Orcs here nothing. Thayoon's companions in the front of bar can hear his voice perfectly in their minds however, even over the din of battle.

Maybe making a path so the others can get into the fight might be good?

Lucien steps further into the Cock and Dog. His blades whirl gracefully through the air as he slashes and thrusts at the foe with lightning swiftness. He lands three blows in rapid succession leaving the already wounded Orc Bloodied. (note bonus from Colin)

Ali moves forward and to the left of the dead Orc savage in the doorway. Ali marks the opposite Orc berzerker with his aegis of shielding.

Ali swirls his sword in arc that leaves the Orc wondering where both blade and Swordmage are as he disappears.

Tabitha flows through the doorway as silently as a shadow past the fallen Orc and the old rifleman before slashing the wounded archer.

The Archer abandons his bow and takes up a hand axe which he swings at Tabitha, but he misses.

The archer on the balcony is similarly unsuccessful in axing the Fire Warrior. The remaining archers rain down arrows. The one on the balcony makes an amazing shot despite the angle and cover to strike Aislinn (15 damage and pushed 2 squares) and toss her back. Colin and Lucien also take hits (14 and 7 damage respectively).

The Berzerkers are tenatious with one shoving past Colin to get at Manous and the others advancing to attack Lucien and Colin. Only Colin gets hit with a Great Axe (14 damage).

OOC: Actions for Round 3!

Attachments

• Cock and dog roadhouse interior R2x.xls
    127.5 KB · Views: 95

Scotley

Hero
Any other bonus to damage still applies.

BTW, each attack uses the main weapon (you can use this power even with a two handed weapon), so no need to switch to d6 for the damage die.

OOC: I went with the slightly better chance to hit with the short sword since he specified using both weapons.

Remove ads