Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Wilhelm shrugs as he brings his mare next to Tabitha. Ja. I verk best vhen they are not avare. I vill go vit Tabitha.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aislinn continues to ride for the door, but as soon as she gets to a point she can make out the form in the doorway she dismounts smoothly and begins walking toward the roadhouse, arrow knocked.

Insight

Adventurer
Once Colin makes it close to the figures (say 50-60ft), he will dismount in a fairly graceless manner and approach them with his sword drawn. As soon as Colin has his songblade out of its sheath, the thing starts to hum a familiar tune.

"Ach, no!" Colin says, waving his sword around in the air. "Keep quiet, you!"

The sword quiets down, a bit.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Tabitha nods at Wilhelm and Makyr, and starts looping around towards the rear of the structure. Despite her stealth, she can keep up a good pace; flashing from cover to cover at speed.

(Fleeting Ghost lets me move full speed while using Stealth. Assuming she arrives first, she will choose a good hiding place and scope the back out while waiting for the others.)

Scotley

Hero
Initiative Order

Colin 21
Aislinn 18
Francois 18
Wilhelm 16
Malkyr 14
Thayoon 11
Lucien 10
Ali 9

Tabitha ?
Manous ?

OOC: Please roll now if you haven't already and re-post if I missed it. I'd also appreciate the use of a mini stat block such as the ones Walking Dad or stonegod posted or even the full sheet links provided by Vertexx69 and Insight.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: You have my Int & Init rolls backwards: Wilhelm can't get below a 12 init. His was 16
[sblock=Wilhelm]Wilhelm—Male Human Hunter (Ranger) 4
Initiative: +7 (+11 w/ Aspect of Pouncing Lynx); Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 20
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
AC: 21, Fort: 17, Reflex: 22, Will: 15
Speed: 6
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0

Aimed Shot
Clever Shot
Rapid Shot
Warning Shot

Disruptive Shot x2
Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx (active)
Aspect of the Dancing Serpent

Invigorating Stride
Flameburst Superior Musket +1 (daily)
Barkskin Hide Armor +1 (daily)
2 Potions of Healing
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
As you get closer the door moves slightly closing to a finger's breadth suggesting your approach has not gone unnoticed. Aislinn is pretty sure the figure at the door is an Orc or at least someone with black hair, dark olive skin and primitive garb. The windows are fairly high up and from this angle you can see an upstairs balcony that seems to overlook the main room below. A figure emerges from a door and ducks to the side after seeing you. Those of you who know what an Orc looks like recognize the one on the balcony as such.

Accessing the building via a window would require a climb or a bit of a leap though the fence is low enough to provide little impediment to your approach.

The group begins to split up as they approach the Cock and Dog. Tabitha vanishes into the underbrush toward the back of the house. Wilhelm and Malkyr follow.

Manous rushes to the man on the ground and finds him still breathing, but wounded and unconscious. Your best quest is that he is a stable hand of some sort from his youth and clothing. He does not appear to be in immediate peril for the moment. The wounds are serious, but the bleeding has mostly stopped.

The dog tied to the low fence continues to bark and the hens continue to cluck, but the noises from inside fade except for the scramble of heavy feet on the timber floor. Soon that dies away as well.

OOC: Please let me know if you can't access the excel based map and I'll post a jpeg. If you want your character to start from a different spot let me know that as well.

Attachments

• cock and dog roadhouse exterior.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 113

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Please roll now if you haven't already and re-post if I missed it. I'd also appreciate the use of a mini stat block such as the ones Walking Dad or stonegod posted or even the full sheet links provided by Vertexx69 and Insight.

I'll roll Init in my post above.

I'll also provide a status update in my posts once we start combat and stuff happens.

Remove ads