Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Insight

Adventurer
"Not much going on in there, methinks," Colin says as he advances towards the open door.

OOC: Colin uses a move action to get adjacent to the open door. He wishes to look inside. Readying War Song Strike if an enemy moves into melee range.

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paldin

Manous moves up stride for stride with Lucien. (No 'lesser' man is going to beat this Paldin to a fight!) When Lucien opens the door with his boot, Manous calls out, "Ho Inkeeper! You have thirsty guests on your stoop and hellspawn in your inn!"

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Lucien and Manous only]The doors are cast open wide. Just inside a hulking Orc, his eyes mad with berserk rage, awaits and swings his axe. The sudden opening of the door must have startled him as his aim is off though the axe does tear a chunk from the door. A fusillade of arrows follows. Each man is hit by three arrows. A flying hand axe also strikes Lucien (damage 37 Manous and 36 Lucien. Through the hail of arrows you see a large band of Orcs. The interior is mostly one large room on the first floor. The front half of of the room extends high up while the back half is lower. A few archers stand on the balcony 15' up. ONe is back by the bar at the far side of the room.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
As Tabitha reaches the back door, Lucien and Manous take the front door. They are greeted by an axe wielding Orc and a hail of arrows and hurled axes. Both are bloodied by the missile fire.

Attachments

• Copy of cock and dog roadhouse exterior new.xls
    48 KB · Views: 69

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 1

As the pair of 'brave' swashbucklers are peppered with arrows and axes, the shardmind shakes his head in exasperation. He moves lightly around his horse up behind Colin to continue using the small amount of cover available.

Well that was a great plan...

The mage reaches into the empty holster and draws out an impossibly thin crystal rocket, pointing it at the doorway and pulls a string out of the back of it with his staff wielding hand. The projectile lances strait out, threading its way between the two pin cushions and strikes the raging orc squarely in his heaving green chest.

Then a little swarthy-skinned girl steps out from behind Thayoon, wielding a pair of identical daggers with wicked intent toward anyone that would dare attack the canny, crystalline man.[sblock=Actions]Free: Using Telepathy (5), Speaking
Minor: Guardian Blades
Move: to (L,21).
Standard: Magic Missile vs Orc berzerker for 8 force damage.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Thayoon]Thayoon—Male Shardmind Mage (Wizard) 4
Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 14
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 9/9
AC: 20, Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 17
Speed: 6
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0

Magic Missile
Hypnotism
Scorching Burst
Shard Swarm
Burning Hands
Fire Shroud
Guardian Blades
Summon Fire Warrior
Tome of Undeniable Fire +1 (daily)

Thayoon
[/sblock]
OOC: My Round 1 Summary:
Orc berzerker 8 dmg
Cast Guardian Blades (Last until end of encounter or unconsciousness)

Any enemy that makes an attack roll while adjacent to Thayoon takes 5 force damage.

My Guardian Blades effect can't actually be targeted by others. So if they start to draw a bead on her, sweat will roll into their eyes or someone else will catch their attention instead. I'm just describing the force effect as a little bodyguard, assassin type for the swashbuckly flavor I talked about before.:cool:

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Some of this is going to depend on what Colin can see when he gets adjacent or close to the door. His priority is to heal one of his allies and then make an attack if possible.

"T'would appear that the ole Cock n' Dog is occupied after all!" Colin swings his magical blade in the general direction of the door. As he does, white, pink, red, and purple colored musical notes float in the air past the sword's wake. The weapon hums a tune to inspire Colin's allies. "Thar be enemies, me friends. Let us have at 'em!"

OOC: Actions
Minor Action: Majestic Word on Lucien, who regains (Surge Value + 4) hit points and Colin would like to slide Lucien 1 square further into the big room.
(if Colin can see the Orc Berserker) Standard Action: Staggering Note on the Orc Berserker in the corner. If this hits, the Orc Berserker takes 4 thunder damage. Lucien gets a Melee Basic Attack against the Berserker. Colin pushes the Orc Berserker 2 squares into the room.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Ali HP 47/47 AC 23 F 16 R 19 W 16

Ali Rd 1

Ali moves forward, looking for a ranged target.

OOC: Move to L20. If a target appears from K20/L20 to K10/L10, throw sword, which will automatically return to Ali's hand. Since the attack roll was a natural 20 critical hit, Ali needs a target in his initiative....

[sblock=stat block]
Alejandro Arroyo Shielding Swordmage 4
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:19, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 47/47 (+0 temp hp), Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 11 with 10/10 remaining (currently with 0 temp hp)
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Swordmage Abilites: Swordbond (summon bonded magic sword up to 1 mile), Aegis of Shielding (AW-minor cb2 MARK, atk on others if hit, reduce damage by 7 as imm int); (Improved) Swordmage Warding (+2 AC if holding sword, +4 if off hand empty)
Powers:
At-Will: Luring Strike (W) +11 v AC 1d8+1 crit +1d6, Lightning Lure (I) r3 +8 v Fort 1d6+6 crit +1d8, Sword Burst (I) cb1 all +8 v Ref 1d6+6 crit +1d8 Basic Melee LS +11 v AC 1d8+8 crit +1d6, Heavy Thrown LS +8 v AC 1d8+3 crit +1d6, Basic Ranged Crossbow +6 v AC 1d8+2
Encounter: Sword of Sigils (W) std, cb1, enemies in burst, +11 v AC hit: 1d8+6 crit +1d6, target is marked UEYNT, 5 damage if atk not incl you; Aegis of Shielding-marked target hits creature in 10 not incl you, Immed int, reduce one damage by 2. Dimensional Vortex (I) imm int when enemy hit ally with melee atk, r10 +8 v Will 1d8+6, teleport target 5 squares, target atks a creature of my choice if available, when used w aegis of shielding mark, atk adds 2 to dam
Daily: Vanishing Blade (W) std, one, +11 v AC, 2d8+6 crit +1d6 MISS: half damage; effect: teleport 5 and invisible EOYNT; for rest of encounter, on basic melee hit, teleport 3 as free action
Utility: Dimensional Warp (Encounter) minor, cb3 (you and ally or two allies change places)

Str. 14, Dex. 14, Con. 14, Int. 20, Wis. 10, Cha. 8
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads