[Recruiting] A paladin in need

Someone

Adventurer
I assume those arriving at this thread come from the Tavern thread. Have in mind it's designed for levels 1 and 2, EDIT: or higher depending on the current recruiting at the Tavern. So if have a unemployed character up to level 6 and are interested, post you character, preferably with a link and your "priority status", that is if you have other characters in adventures currently running or if you've been waiting a long time for a game. This adventure follows "A scholar in need", my former vignette, for those that could want to have a look.

Also have a look at the posting and combat rules:

[sblock=The rules]OK, these are the combat rules.
Initiative: I’ll roll for all the enemies as a big group. If players are initiating themselves combat, they may roll initiative, if not I’ll do it myself: that’ll save one round of posting.

Notice that initiative, rolled this way becomes relevant only the first round. Essentially, grants the characters that beat the monster’s initiative an extra action. Suppose a party of 5 with the following initiatives:

A:19
B:17
C:15
Monsters:12
D:10
E:8

In this example A, B and C would act, followed by monsters, followed by D, E, A, B, C (not necessarily in that particular order) and monsters again. As you can see, once the monsters act for the first time, it’s everyone’s turn – but A, B and C got previously an action. This is standard custom around here IIRC so there shouldn’t be any problem with it.

The order the characters act in a given round will be determined, as it’s normally done in these boards, by the posting order; if you want to go before or after a certain party member, just post before or after him or say that you delay to go after certain character. I’ll be lenient and allow variations on this if required and doesn’t involve a lot of retconning. For example, you as a leader may want to go before the melee striker to use on him a beneficial power with short range before he moves away; this normally involves just adding a number. But if a controller rearranges the battlefield and moves people out of the striker’s range, that means changing his action completely; that should be avoided.

I’ll reserve the right to change your actions for the sake of pace, but only if the new action doesn’t alter your strategy significantly. For example, you posted you attacked Minion 1, but he’s dead because of unexpected effects before you can act. If there’s a Minion 2 you can reach with the same actions and that doesn’t alter your overall strategy (say you could be protecting fellow party members, and hunting that Minion 2 would leave them in the open) then you’ll attack Minion 2. Other circumstance that could happen are final, mopping up rounds where you keep using at-wills and nothing really important happens. In this case I may roll up two rounds into one.

If you may speed up combat by rolling for the bad guys, do it too. For example, say there is an enemy above you on a cliff, shooting at you. One of you pulls him with a ranged power; if the enemy fails his saving throw, he’d fall down, be prone and in the range of melee combatants. Normally the DM would be the one rolling this save, but in this case is justified for you to do so. Same applies for Opportunity attacks you may provoke; I’ll post the foe’s stats so you can roll them.

It’d be considerate of you to have in mind the possible use of Interrupt and reaction powers that could alter the monster’s round and include conditional instructions (“I’ll use my Trip the Enemy While he´s Moving encounter power if the Dire Otter moves within my range”) If not you may use them after I post the bad guy’s actions, provided the interrupt doesn’t disrupt the previous round terribly.

Please have in mind that I don’t have access to every book, don’t have a DDI subscription, and in any case don’t know every rule and errata to every rule and power that appears in books I own by heart, so the more detailed and clearly your posts are the better. If you post simply that you use certain feat, I may not know what it does; at the very least, post damage and conditions it inflicts and other secondary effects.

Finally, I will be doing most rolls with physical dice, not using Invisible Castle or the integrated dice roller. As you may know, posting as a DM requires a lot of time, especially for combat posts and linking all those rolls for the bad guys add a lot of work. You’ll simply have to trust me and think I’m rolling behind the screen (though I'll post the result of the roll, that's it, what AC or defense they hit, etc, so you can use interrupts). [/sblock]

Once I think everyone that could be interested has posted, I'll mention those players whose characters can make a viable party, have higher priority, etc, call for a confirmation post, and start the adventure.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart (Level 3 "Warforged" Warden) is interested, although he'd be one level too high for level 1-2 and one level too low if you scale it up to 4-6. (Low priority as I already have a PC on an adventure.)

EDIT: also I'm going away for a week soon, probably just as the adventure will be starting. So put me at the back of the list.

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
Zardi, a level 1 Goliath Barbarian is certainly interested. I've been hanging around the tavern for quite some time now, and have yet to go on adventure. This is my first character, so I don't have any others running...

Thanks for starting the adventure!

pathfinderq1

First Post
I've actually got an option for either level choice. I have Mina, level 1 eladrin wizard currently lost in the tavern (3rd character). I also have a 4th level character in development, replacing my retired second character- most likely this will be Joy, level 4 human (elan) Hybrid Ardent/Bard.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire, a level 7 warlord, is free.

My other two character slots are also free.

One currently holds Ikni, a genasi swordmage that I never quite got into the way I wanted. She's level 4 (could be pushed to 5 pretty easy with DM credits), but I'm considering retiring her in favor of a striker. If a mid-level group were put together that was in need of a striker, I'd be willing to go that route. I have concepts in mind for a sorcerer and a barbarian.

My last character slot is empty, and I'd start at level 1. I don't have specific plans for it.

Doing the math, you'll have noticed that I don't currently have a character in an adventure.

Remove ads