D&D 3E/3.5 3.5: newb needs a little help with Hellfire Warlock build

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
OK, I thought so but I was curious since it is made of energy is it really that heavy

thanks
I'd imagine it's less a matter of weight and more a matter of since it's long, in order to weild it effectively, you need two hands to swing it well.
But, it's simply by RAW a 2 handed weapon.

Omegaxicor

First Post
I have a question (sort of tacked on to this)

If I am Warlock 11, Hellfire Warlock 3, Warlock 2 my Eldritch Blast is 7d6+2d6
If I am Warlock 11, Hellfire Warlock 3, Warlock 3 is my Eldritch Blast still 7d6+2d6 or do I get the +1 again making it 8d6+2d6?

does that make sense?

For Clarity Warlock 14 gains 7d6 Eldritch blast but by going Hellfire I have gained 3 levels of Warlock spellcasting (gaining 7d6+2d6 at 3rd level) but by returning to Warlock do I gain the same boost again?

Last edited:

Ranger19k

Explorer
I have a question (sort of tacked on to this)

If I am Warlock 11, Hellfire Warlock 3, Warlock 2 my Eldritch Blast is 7d6+2d6
If I am Warlock 11, Hellfire Warlock 3, Warlock 3 is my Eldritch Blast still 7d6+2d6 or do I get the +1 again making it 8d6+2d6?

does that make sense?

For Clarity Warlock 14 gains 7d6 Eldritch blast but by going Hellfire I have gained 3 levels of Warlock spellcasting (gaining 7d6+2d6 at 3rd level) but by returning to Warlock do I gain the same boost again?

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but let me give it a shot anyways. Hellfire Warlock advances you Eldrich Blast as if you gained a level of Warlock, so there should be no gap in level. At character level 17, you will have the EB of a 17th level Warlock (8d6), regardless if the 17 levels come from 17 straight Warlock or Warlock 14/Hellifre Warlock 3 or Warlock 11/Hellfire3/Warlock 3; since it all adds up to 17, it's all the same level 17 Eldrich Blast.

To this 8d6 Eldrich Blast, you can then choose to tag on your Hellfire 6d6 if you choose to loose the point of constitution to pay for it.

Is that what you were asking?

Hexer

First Post
OK, I thought so but I was curious since it is made of energy is it really that heavy

thanks

maybe see it like this:

A glaives (and similar weapons) design is all around based on using it 2 handed. Even if its lighter than a usual glaive is, the whole design is still quite sub-par for one handed use.

Of course logical explanations only go so far when talking about fantasy magic ;)

Omegaxicor

First Post
I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but let me give it a shot anyways. Hellfire Warlock advances you Eldrich Blast as if you gained a level of Warlock, so there should be no gap in level. At character level 17, you will have the EB of a 17th level Warlock (8d6), regardless if the 17 levels come from 17 straight Warlock or Warlock 14/Hellifre Warlock 3 or Warlock 11/Hellfire3/Warlock 3; since it all adds up to 17, it's all the same level 17 Eldrich Blast.

To this 8d6 Eldrich Blast, you can then choose to tag on your Hellfire 6d6 if you choose to loose the point of constitution to pay for it.

Is that what you were asking?

sort of, yes. I was asking if my Warlock would have 7d6 or 8d6 Eldritch Blast (and I meant +6d6 not 2d6 Hellfire Blast)

so by taking the Hellfire Warlock I have a 14th level Warlock with a 17th level Warlocks Eldritch Blast?

EDIT: and yes I realise it isn't the weight it's the weildiness (is that a word?)

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
sort of, yes. I was asking if my Warlock would have 7d6 or 8d6 Eldritch Blast (and I meant +6d6 not 2d6 Hellfire Blast)

so by taking the Hellfire Warlock I have a 14th level Warlock with a 17th level Warlocks Eldritch Blast?

EDIT: and yes I realise it isn't the weight it's the weildiness (is that a word?)
Yes, hellfire warlock continues warlock eldritch blast and invocations. They are definitely the option for straight up blasting warlocks. Small class size, decent damage bonus and options while not harming base progression.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases