Bloodcove Disguise

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer's eyes light up as Frederick unwraps the key and lays it on the table. He continues listening to the Lord's words, but his eyes never leave the key. When the noble finishes his description of the attacks, Chaucer licks his lips, and gently asks, May I hold the key? As he reaches his hand out to grab the key, he begins to talk excitedly. How many epics, great adventures start with a such a mystery. How many men and women have found glorious places in the chronicles of history when they pick up a treasure like this. This is not just a key to a doorway, but this is a key into the greatest books of history.

Looking up from the key as if coming from a daze, he looks around the room quickly, and then looking at the Magister he asks, My Lord, when do we leave for this journey? There are a few things that I should need to procure, and it might be better to do now before we leave the confines of Venza and enter into the stage that will be Sangre del Sol.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
As the poet enthuses Raynucip shakes his head and rubs his brow, this is going to be a long journey; Although the idea of my prowess being recorded is I suppose not entirely displeasing.

"I am ready now, just tell me when the Mage," he nods to Magister Brunicio, "is prepared to transport us."

maquise

First Post
"Perhaps we can find a way to deal with the Charua-Ka. In any event, there are people to save. I'm not fond of pirates, but will be discreet. I'd like some time to acquire supplies before we leave Venza."

OOC: Last post for the day. 11 hour shift coming up.

nothingpoetic

First Post
OOC: So stupid question... What are the mechanics for using a wand? I know that a UMD check of 20 can activate a wand (at least, I think it is a UMD check of 20...). But for a spellcaster like Chaucer, if I don't know the spell (CLW in this instance) can I still activate the wand without a UMD check, or do I need to make a UMD check to activate it? This is one of those things that I know I should know, since I have been playing long enough, but always playing martial or semi-martial characters is biting me in the rump right now lol

galahad0430

First Post
"You leave on the morrow in the morning from here. This should give you ample time to get anything you need for the journey."

OOC: Chaucer, if I'm not mistaken, you should be able to use it as CLW is on your list.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Oh I will deal with the ape men." Raynucio sneers drawing a finger slowly across his throat.

OOC: If its on your spell list you can use it, you do not need to know the spell.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer hears the deadline and nods, knowing he had the information he needed. He stays long enough to hear any other questions that are asked, and then stands, and with a bow says, My Lords, it has been an enlightening afternoon, and I am eager to embark on our journey, but as I said, I have a few supplies to procure. If there is nothing else to add, I shall take my leave, and see you all again in the morning.

As Chaucer turns to walk out, he squats next to Raynucio's chair and asks him quickly, My good man, I know you have been gracious enough to allow us use of a wand you procured, would you like payment now for it, or should I wait until after we arrive in Sangre del Sol?

[Sblock=Shopping Question]I know Venza is a fairly large city, but if I am looking to purchase say... a Mithral Chain Shirt for 1100 gp... would that be readily available or will something like that require a percentage roll to figure out?

Also, I know that many vendors might have wands of cure light wounds that aren't fully charged, can I just assume the price per charge is 15 gp/charge and figure out a wand that fits the budget like that? Or again, is this something that will be a percentile roll?

I am looking to purchase a thigh length leather coat (more flavor than anything, so I don't know if this will require cost or not) a pocketed scarf, a Mithral Chain shirt, and a wand of CLW with roughly 35 charges. I just wanted to make sure that I could find all of that, and that it would be available. We normally just skip over this portion of things in my tabletop games, so PbP has the ability to emphasize the details a bit more lol. Thanks[/Sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: You need to head over the The Mystic Pearl, Arcane Row. You need to roll a percentage chance (75%) for most things, but you cannot find a partially charged wand - Raynucio has one because it was sold to the Mystic Pearl's inventory from an Adventure. I suggest getting folks to chip in for one. Raynucio should be able to chip in. If its an even split we can just add it to the loot to be split up at the end of the adventure.

nothingpoetic

First Post
OOC: Thanks Aldern, I appreciate the assistance, I have been buried in the sewers so long I didn't even know the Mystic Pearl was developed... always a good thing to know that something like that exists lol.

I am waiting on a ruling from the DM of my previous campaign, there was a wand that never got claimed, but also never got sold... so I don't know what happened to it. Am hoping I can go back and buy it and take care of the need for another wand, if that is the case, I have the cash to buy everything and I will be good... we shall see though.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Thanks Aldern, I appreciate the assistance, I have been buried in the sewers so long I didn't even know the Mystic Pearl was developed... always a good thing to know that something like that exists lol.

I am waiting on a ruling from the DM of my previous campaign, there was a wand that never got claimed, but also never got sold... so I don't know what happened to it. Am hoping I can go back and buy it and take care of the need for another wand, if that is the case, I have the cash to buy everything and I will be good... we shall see though. [ /OOC]
OOC:

[ooc:
The following items need to be added to the Mystic Pearl:

masterwork arrows(x35): 6gp each = 210gp
masterwork studded leather: 175gp
masterwork light crossbow: 335gp
-->wand of cure light(5 charges): 75gp<--
potions, cure light: 50gp
potion, shield of faith: 50gp

would that be the wand you were referring to?
/ooc]

Remove ads