Bloodcove Disguise

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer, unusually quiet so far this day, finally whispers to his companions, "Emergency with a sugarpress huh? I wonder if a few pathfinders can help with whatever emergency they may be enduring. Lets go find out shall we." With that, Chaucer weaves his way through the dispersing crowd towards the woman who spoke.

Finally catching up to her, he says simply, "Ma'dam, we I understand that you have an emergency, and that there will be no more supplies to be bought today. We have come a long way to get these supplies, so it would be a shame to wait around, I was wondering, if maybe you could use a group of able bodied adventurers to help with YOUR emergency." As Chaucer finishes, he winks with a hint seduction as he bows low making his offer.

OOC: Sorry that I have been AWOL for a week or so, had some unexpected travel this weekend, and am currently working two jobs during the week. Never realized how difficult managing the schedule would become. Anyways, I am hit or miss, but I definitely haven't leveled up yet, so I will try and get that done before our next fight lol.

Also, I am going to roll a diplomacy check, whether its needed or not is another story... use it if you want, ignore it if you would like as well lol.

galahad0430

First Post
“Oh yes,” says the well-dressed woman. “This ant situation in the sugarpress is dire! We’re losing thousands of pounds of sugarloaf an hour, and frankly I doubt we’ll be able to turn these clicky beasts back. We expended all the available sword arms just chasing the monsters back into the basement. If more ants show, we’ll surely lose the entire mill. I hope you aren’t here to buy food, because if Cartahegn must continue to devote all its resources to fighting off the ants, expect food prices around Bloodcove to triple overnight!"

“A shame we have no more soldiers. An idea came to me, you see—my housekeeper makes a sort of lotion that frightens bugs away, and I bet if someone dumped a load of it in the ants’ tunnel, it would keep them away until we could brick it up! You didn’t happen to bring any guards or soldiers with you, did you? If you were hoping to buy food and are willing to help us out, I promise you quite a discount in exchange for your services once we’re open again.”

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer chuckles as the woman explains the situation, "I do not mean to laugh at your predicament, but let me assure you, my companions and I can handle any kind of insect. We have handled much worse situations than a few ants, believe you me. If you can get us some of this lotion, we will take care of it for you, and we will even take you up on such a kind kind offer ma'lady." Chaucer says again with a bow.

Turning back to his companions, he explains the situation to the rest, and says, "It looks like we get to play the part of exterminator for a bit, I hope no one is afraid of a few bugs." He says chuckling.

jackslate45

First Post
"Indeed. I have slain a frog creature bigger than Lord Vega before. In a single shot." Aradra smiles a little. He continues with, "Simply show us the way"

nothingpoetic

First Post
"Lovely, it looks as if we shall have an enjoyable afternoon of squishing insects with the heels of our boots!"

Chaucer leads the way back to the women, and steps aside and holds his arm out presenting the others. "Here we are, ready and willing to help erradicate some insects for you ma'lady. If you wouldn't mind getting us this insect lotion and then point us in the right direction, we will take care of this problem for you immediately!"

galahad0430

First Post
The woman leads you inside and sends a servant to fetch the lotion. As you go through the trading post you see signs of recent fighting. The damage increases as you reach the basement stairs and there are many blood spatters and other fluids sprayed upon the walls and floors.
"We managed to push back the original incursion, but just barely," the woman says and then points down the stairs, "They are holed up inside the basement down there."
Two servants arrive with a small keg.
"Ah, this is the lotion. If you spread it around the opening in the floor of the basement, then we can seal it without interference from the ants."

udalrich

First Post
"Before we go down there, just how big are these ants? Are they the sort where you crush twenty with your boot, or is it going to take Raynucio here several swings of his sword to kill just one?" Syldar asks. "If we're expecting a pitched battle, it would be good to decide who is going to spread the lotion around and who is going to defend the spreaders."

"Can you give us a general description of what you expect the basement to look like?"

galahad0430

First Post
"Well, they're jungle ants, about the size of a large dog or a small pony," she replies, "I will scetch out the rooms for you."
She grabs some partchment and makes a quick scetch of the basement.

Remove ads