"Necessary Evil" OOC

jkason

First Post
Oh, you are quite good and effective. Brick is currently just more precise and less damaging than the sample powerhouses (lower damage, but better attack). This is perfectly fine, but I wasn't sure you intended him to be this way.
You could also ditch your pistol and just throw thing for a more damaging ranged attack. And I allow you to AP Shockwave and Groundstrike from your extended strength instead of your super strength.

Sorry if I confused you.

Okay, you were talking about taking an Attack / Damage tradeoff like I did with his Defense and Toughness. Got it. I think I'm good with the balance there, myself.

If I go with throwing things, isn't the damage then dependent on what I can find lying around? My idea is that Brick generally prefers to wade right in, fists swinging, and the ranged attack is just a backup, though I suppose I might be hobbling him in situations where environmental factors would make melee impossible. I'll have to think 'bout it.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Reposting my earlier question: Would a few feats or powers from the Mutants & Masterminds: Mecha & Manga supplement be acceptable? Attack Flurry, Combo Action, Deep Ties, Slap Silly, Zen Strike, Combo Finish, Martial Arts Stance, Aggressive Counter, Catch Attack, Evasive Retreat, and Twin Weapon Strike might be fitting for Kunai-Hime.

Walking Dad mode= ON

Yeah, he owns that book I think, so I don't think he has an objection to that

Walking Dad mode= OFF

Walking Dad

First Post
Reposting my earlier question: Would a few feats or powers from the Mutants & Masterminds: Mecha & Manga supplement be acceptable? Attack Flurry, Combo Action, Deep Ties, Slap Silly, Zen Strike, Combo Finish, Martial Arts Stance, Aggressive Counter, Catch Attack, Evasive Retreat, and Twin Weapon Strike might be fitting for Kunai-Hime.
Actually I have objections. I didn't answer the question, because the feats weren't used in the last write-up.

Attack Flurry
- No, please use the autofire extra instead.

Combo Action/Combat Finish
- No, I don't want to introduce the combo mechanic for just one character

Deep Ties
- Yes, but will maybe depend on the complication.

Slap Silly
- Not in it's current form. Aunt May's slap would hinder the Hulk from grappling her. I would allow it, if the fortitude save also governs if the attacker is able to grab or not.

Zen Strike
- No. I dislike feats that allow ability substitution.

Martial Arts Stance
- Yes.

Aggressive Counter
- Yes.

Catch Attack
- Needs to be reworked, as I don't allow the block maneuver. Same effect for getting missed by 5+?

Evasive Retreat
- Yes

Twin Weapon Strike
- Unsure. Let's see what you do with it.

jkason

First Post
Catch Attack
- Needs to be reworked, as I don't allow the block maneuver. Same effect for getting missed by 5+?

I hadn't realized you didn't allow blocks. I don't think I've ever tried one, but at the very least I should probably re-allocate the power point I used for Improved Block. :)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Reposting my question:

Plasma appears to be my only offensive ability, other than raw kickin' and punchin'. I'm not sure I added any kind of h2h in my character write-up. My plasma power is only at level 5, I think. Is that too weak? Could I use the 15 points coming for the 'upgrade' to go to gear? Should I?

Thanee

First Post
Alternate Powers - When I have a sustained or continuous power active and then use an Alternate Power of the same power framework (i.e. Magic), the other power goes off, unless it is also lasting, right?

Is it possible to have such a power create something for a given time (within reasonable limits, of course), which is then not subject to this (i.e. use Summon to create a creature that is active for a short period of time, but will not go away if the Blast power from the same power framework is used in the meantime), or is this only possible at all with effects that are lasting? IOW, is it possible to make a non-lasting effect lasting somehow?

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hey All,

I have had enough. I have plane tickets to leave Tokyo in the morning and I am taking my family (even my in-laws) stateside. I will likely be back on-line in about 2-3 days, once I arrive, what else am I going to do with myself.

Wish me luck and I hope to return soon. :)

PM

Walking Dad

First Post
Hey All,

I have had enough. I have plane tickets to leave Tokyo in the morning and I am taking my family (even my in-laws) stateside. I will likely be back on-line in about 2-3 days, once I arrive, what else am I going to do with myself.

Wish me luck and I hope to return soon. :)

PM
Best wishes and good luck!!

Walking Dad

First Post
Alternate Powers - When I have a sustained or continuous power active and then use an Alternate Power of the same power framework (i.e. Magic), the other power goes off, unless it is also lasting, right?

Is it possible to have such a power create something for a given time (within reasonable limits, of course), which is then not subject to this (i.e. use Summon to create a creature that is active for a short period of time, but will not go away if the Blast power from the same power framework is used in the meantime), or is this only possible at all with effects that are lasting? IOW, is it possible to make a non-lasting effect lasting somehow?

Bye
Thanee

You can use the independent extra from Ultimate Power:

INDEPENDENT +0 MODIFIER
Applied to a sustained effect, this modifier makes its duration independent of the user and based instead on the number of ... points in the effect. The effect occurs normally and then fades at a rate of 1 ... point of effectiveness per round until it is gone.
While it lasts, it requires no attention or maintenance from the user, like a continuous duration effect, although it can still be countered or nullified (also like a continuous effect). This is like a combination of the Duration (continuous) and Fades modifiers. An Independent Alternate Power continues to function even when the Array is switched to a different configuration. If an effect is not sustained, modify its duration before applying this modifier.
Independent is useful for effects like Create Object (for objects that fade or melt away), Environmental Control (for changes to the environment that slowly return to normal), or Obscure (for obscured areas that slowly shrink and disappear, like the effects of a smoke or gas grenade).
The Slow Fade power feat can modify the rate at which the Independent effect fades, and the Total Fade modifier can keep it at full strength until its duration runs out, although the GM should approve any increases in the fade duration as best suits the effect and the series.
BBM

But I will limit the slow fade extra in a way that keeps these effects from becoming semi-permanent.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases