"Necessary Evil" OOC

Walking Dad

First Post
Hi, everyone!

This is the OOC of my Superhero Campaign. It is an adaption of the Necessary Evil campaign for Savage Worlds.

Current players:
Thanee - Sorceress
Voda Vosa - Helis the Destroyer
Jemal - Siren

What is it about:

Necessary Evil: Explorers Edition

When all the super heroes of the world are blown to kingdom come by an army of invading aliens who will save the day? Evil…
The only forces left to take on the alien menace are the crafty and self serving super villains!
Necessary Evil is a supers game for Savage Worlds.

In a world overrun by hostile aliens, everyone who fights them is 'good'. The campaign even assumes/encourages that the characters start to like the new role and the support of the people enough to, at the end, maybe become the new heroes of the world.

I would like the characters to be surviving heroes or petty thieves and robbers, not innocent-killing maniacs.

Character Creation Rules:

PL 10, 150 PP

-----
IC
OOC
RG

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ok, my concept is a warrior from the old days, who was trapped in the underworld forever; and was resurrected to fight the alien menace. He'll probably be a weapon master, so lots of different attacks and stuff

Voda Vosa

First Post
Here's the crunch for Filipo AKA "Helis" the Destroyer.-

[sblock=Abilities ( 32 pp) ]
Strength: 30 (+ 10 )
Dexterity: 18 (+ 4 )
Constitution: 18 (+ 4 )
Intelligence: 14 (+ 2 )
Wisdom: 14 (+ 2 )
Charisma: 10 (+ 0 ) [/sblock]
[sblock=Combat ( 24 pp) ]

Attack Melee: 12
Attack Ranged: 12

CMB 22
CMD 29
Defense: 5
Initiative: 12
[/sblock]
[sblock=Attacks ]
Hypastes: + 12 Attack for DC: 24 Range: Melee
Phyla: + 12 Attack for DC: 24 Range: 5ft reach
Toxotes: + 12 Attack for DC: 24 Range: 125 ft range
Shockwave: + Area Attack for DC: 20 Range: 10x10 cone
[/sblock]
[sblock=Saves ( 11 pp) ]

Toughness: 10
Fortitude: 7
Reflex: 7
Will: 7
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills ( 10 pp) ]
8 ( 4 ) Acrobatics
10 ( 0 ) Athletics
6 ( 4 ) Concentration
6 ( 4 ) Craft
4 ( 4 ) Intimidate
6 ( 4 ) Medicine
6 ( 4 ) Notice
8 ( 4 ) Control: Ride
6 ( 4 ) Sense Motive
8 ( 4 ) Stealth
6 ( 4 ) Survival
[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats ( 16 pp) ]

Power attack
All out attack
Evasion 2
Accurate attack
Improved critical (Hypastes) 1
Move by action
Improved initiative 2
Elusive target
Instant up
Quick draw 2
Takedown attack
Stunning attack
Ultimate effort (T. saves)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Powers ( 60 pp) ]

Weapon Master Array
>Hypastes (Strike) 8
>>EX: Penetrating, Autofire"
>>PF: Split attack (2)

>Phyla (Strike) 8
>>EX: Penetrating, secondary effect
>>PF: Thrown, Reach (1)

>Toxotes (Blast) 8 1
>>EX: Autofire 0
>>PF: Precise, Improved Range

Heracles Armor (Hard to lose device) 8
>Protection 6
>Shield 10
>Immunity (Critical hits) 2
>Enhanced Strenght 12
>Super Strenght 1
>>Shockwave 1
>Absortion 2
[/sblock]
[sblock=Drawback ( -3 pp)]
Fire vulnerability (Moder, common) 3 [/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
I might just be interested in this, now that I'm not playing much else........we'd be using M&M 2E basically, yes? Plus whatever changes you've presented in your other thread....... Should we be using Ultimate Power when it comes to designing characters/powers, or the M&M 2E core rulebook?

I think I have a few villains or antiheroes that I designed for my Vanguard-'Verse setting that might be fun to play in this sort of campaign. These are the ones that are probably most-appropriate.......the other villains or antiheroes are too violent/ruthless or too specialized. If none of these fit, I might just try a hero that survived the aliens' slaughter. Let me know what ya think on these.

Spectre:
The so-called Spectre is a former spy who became a thief after the fall of his home country's powerbase, but resumed spywork after he discovered a ragged old cloak suffused with magic. The Spectre's dark cloak allows him to assume a ghostly, incorporeal form at will. The shift between forms is quite sudden, and is very useful to Spectre in combat, though he prefers to avoid fighting. In his ghostly form, Spectre is a transparent, dark, humanoid shape that can pass through nearly anything. Energy effects have a minor effect against Spectre in his ghostly form, while magical forces are almost fully effective against him then. Spectre wields throwing knives when needed, but also has the power to unleash bolts of life-enervating energy while wearing his cloak, but not when in ghostly form. In his spectral form, the Spectre can unleash anti-magic blasts at the expense of weakening the cloak's current stored energy. The cloak slowly regenerates its magic if inactive and exposed directly to moonlight. The man himself is of fairly average physique and intellect.

Icebreaker:
A burly and stubborn criminal, Icebreaker robs the toughest banks, jewelry stores, art galleries, and weapon depots, leaving nothing but frozen shards of broken vaults. He has consistently resisted arrest and escaped the attempts of superheroes to pin him down. His strength is superhuman and his body is as tough as a glacier. Impervious to cold and able to exhale gusts of freezing wind, Icebreaker freezes and shatters anything in his way. Icebreaker sometimes carries an oversized, double-bladed, frosteel axe from Jotunheim, 10 feet long in the haft with blades 4 feet wide, cold-forged and impervious to cold like himself. He wears black leather and blue-white clothes with a ski mask, but often has to replace them after battling one superhero or another. Icebreaker stands 8 feet tall with pale skin, blue hair, and a blue beard, the son of a frost giant jarl and a human woman, though his father only temporarily shrank himself with a spell to take his bride. Icebreaker's mother is long dead, and a frost giant midwife raised him until he was old enough to stand among the other frost giant children, though still much smaller than them. For whatever reason, he has left Jotunheim and roams the human world, pillaging any place valuable enough to warrant his attention, and selling his spoils to accumulate gold, silver, gems, and precious stones, which fascinate his greedy, giantish side.

Kunai-Hime:
The antiheroine known only by the alias of Kunai-Hime is a frequent prowler of the Japanese islands, and occasional foe to villains, heroes, and rich tycoons the world over. Kunai-Hime spends most of her time spying on people to learn where villains, heroes, and valuables are coming and going, and the rest of her time is spent hunting down those three targets. Kunai-Hime slays any heroes that she considers too reckless and dangerous to the common people, but her primary targets are supervillains that kill innocents or steal objects of great value. Once she has dispatched a supervillain, or finds that she cannot overcome them, Kunai-Hime escapes with whatever items of value she can carry, to sell off later on the black market or at pawn shops and importers around the world. On occasion, she will assist superheroes or innocents in need, but is always wary of people who may seek to capture her for executing her own, strict form of justice.

A japanese teenager, Kunai-Hime was trained in the martial arts of karate and ninjutsu since her early childhood and resented her family's rural, backwards lifestyle. However, she experienced a life-changing crisis when her family was killed by a freak accident, the stray energy burst from a supervillain who was fleeing a few superheroes. The blast was meant as a distraction, and yet the villain had killed her family for such a minor reason without any thought. Kunai-Hime survived only by the sudden awakening of her own mutant gift, a psychic talent for limited matter manipulation. She converted the air around her into a dense shield of carbon-fiber, purely on impulse, and then lost consciousness from the strain.

Kunai-Hime abandoned the crater that was once her family's house in the country, and wandered through the city nearby until she could come to terms with what had happened. She gradually developed some control over her power, which had been inaccessable at first, and Kunai-Hime slowly learned what she could do. All the while, she had to steal to survive, and had been presumed dead in the same explosion that disintegrated her family. After nearly two years, Kunai-Hime mastered the basics of her power and decided what she would do. Choosing an alias that suited her abilities and goals, Kunai-Hime set out to avenge her family and other victims of supervillains, but also to strike down the supposed heroes who had so recklessly put her family in danger. Within months, the supervillain was dead, and so were the small team of Japanese superheroes that had chased him, all slain by Kunai-Hime's vengeful knives. Her ninjutsu is strong.

The powers of Kunai-Hime are fairly minor and straining, allowing her to psychically alter matter on and around her in a brief, limited fashion. Kunai-Hime is primarily limited to manipulating her own outer flesh, turning it into a diamond-like carbon-fiber carapace, forming blades of high-grade steel along her arms and legs, and launching barrages of steel or carbon-fiber darts. The more refined and durable her creations, the more effort it takes and the more it strains her psyche, so Kunai-Hime usually limits herself to average and good-quality steel blades and darts. Hardening her flesh and materializing a thin armor out of the air can protect Kunai-Hime sometimes, but she cannot convert her whole body, and thus receives only limited protection from this defense. She wears stolen black spy gear.

Kunai-Hime's power only creates temporary changes in matter, and they revert back to normal within seconds or less, although she can maintain a creation for several seconds longer with great concentration and effort. She has not been able to create other materials as of yet, and is still a fledgeling mutant. Kunai-Hime has, however, learned to change the surface of her flesh and clothing into different colors and patterns at will, with only moderate concentration and effort, lending her a chameleonic quality that is her only long-lasting matter manipulation. She has quickly grown familiar with the technologies and trappings of cities, having never cared for country life.

Walking Dad

First Post
I might just be interested in this, now that I'm not playing much else........we'd be using M&M 2E basically, yes? Plus whatever changes you've presented in your other thread....... Should we be using Ultimate Power when it comes to designing characters/powers, or the M&M 2E core rulebook?

You can use Ultimate Powers, but my changes still apply. Powers that are not present or changed from the core book will maybe changed after being 'proposed'.

Icebreaker sounds nice and straightforward and I like Spectre... , but there are 3 characters coming from my old game. One is a powerarmor with an extra twist, but the others: one got invisiblilty and the other is a powerhouse, so I would prefer Kunai-Hime, to keep the characters more different. Please post her sheet here, so I can review it.

Thanee

First Post
Hey there! :)

I would be interested in playing M&M 2nd for a change.

Conceptwise, how does the idea of a computer game character (the Diablo Sorceress), who somehow became real and started exploring the real world (starting with the mindset, that everything around her is monsters and loot, but slowly realizing that there is more to it), sound? So, a character based on the Magic power, probably using an ice magic theme.

Bye
Thanee

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Ok, so we're in a superhero/modern game, and for character concepts, I've heard:

- ancient weapon-master with Herculean armor
- frost giant
- diablo sorceress

We also have...
- my character, designed with a Valkyrie theme
- perrin's Dark Angel, wings and all

... do we play fantasy much, or what? :D

Walking Dad

First Post
Sounds like... but if we take the two we would have

VV = Weaponmaster (with a bit power armor)
Thanee = Mystic
jkason = Brick
herobizkit = Powerarmor
Arkhandus = Chemical Transformer
Octavia = Mystic 'Striker'

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases