"Necessary Evil" OOC

Thanee

First Post
I think I need to consider taking Luck. If it replenishes, then having more Hero Points will help everyone with her Inspire 5 (which allows exceeding the PL cap).

Make sure to check on WD's house rules on the Luck feat (it is broken down in a couple sub-Feats).

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
A quirk of Gemini's psionic construction capabilities; he can temporarily copy special devices but not average equipment......

That's just below his standards. :lol:

Maybe Gemini could spend a Hero Point for a temporary Alternate Power feat like that for Mimic, anyway, if he really wanted to copy someone's normal equipment and feats.

I was just going to say, that this is always an option, if it seems necessary or useful in a special situation.

Minor additional question: Would the Morph power emulate the appearance of a target's clothes, or just their physique/face/etc.? Gemini carries around various outfits for disguise, such as a police uniform (his normal equipment includes some police gear he absconded with at some point).

Why don't you just give him the Quick Change 2 Feat? Seems fitting enough.

Bye
Thanee

Walking Dad

First Post
Why don't you just give him the Quick Change 2 Feat? Seems fitting enough.
This. I normally only allow morph to imitate clothes if the character is 'naked' -> Clothes are part of his body. I would allow Gemini to get out of his clothes and form new ones as he morphs from his own body mass

(Or he is 'morphed' by default, disguised as himself, wearing clothes.)

Arkhandus

First Post
I was just curious how you'd interpret those powers' copying/morphing when it came to gear. I'll consider Quick Change to handle such things, as opposed to him just carrying a ton of disguises in the trunk of his car. :D

Anyway, I forgot a few minor things earlier, which I've fixed in my more-or-less final version of Gemini's sheet. Appearance and background to be added soon if I do decide to use him instead of Kunai-Hime or the like. I worked on Kunai-Hime's sheet as well, but it still doesn't quite fit her concept accurately, so I'm not sure.

Here's the updated sheet for Gemini. Fixed his skills, and added Quick Change as suggested above. A little more psionics worked in to accomodate his concept, background, and role as an infiltrator, secret-keeper, and impersonator, with a bit less basic combat ability than the mark-2 version, since he should rely on mimicking the combat powers of enemies and allies.
[sblock=Gemini Mk3]Gemini
Real name unknown, Duplicator/Mimic
Male Human, Medium Size, Age 23, Height 5'-11", Weight 141 lbs.
Speaks, reads, and writes Arabic, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish

Allegiances: The Zodiac (his old supervillain team), Earth, and Evil
Power Level 10, Power Points 150, Spent 150, Hero Points 1
Max Attack/Save Difficulty -0/+0, Max Defense/Toughness -0/+0

PP Summary: Abilities 24 + BAB 12 + Defense 12 + Saves 12 + Feats 13 + Skills 17 (68 ranks) + Powers 60 = 150 points

Strength 14 (+2), Dexterity 14 (+2), Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 14 (+2), Wisdom 14 (+2), Charisma 14 (+2)

Base Attack +6
Combat Maneuver Bonus +8 (+6 Base, +2 Str)
Melee +6 (+6 Base, +0 feat)
Ranged +6 (+6 Base, +0 feat)
Initiative +2 (+2 Dex, +0 feat)
Concentration +12 (+10 PL, +2 Wis)
Speed 30 ft.

Defense 16 (+6 Base), Flat-Footed 13
Combat Maneuver Defense 20 (16 Defense, +2 Str, +2 Dex)
Toughness +5/+7 (+2 Con, +3 armor, +0/+2 feat)
Fortitude +5 (+3 Base, +2 Con)
Reflex +4/+6 (+2 Base, +2 Dex, +0/+2 feat)
Will +9/+15 (+7 Base, +2 Wis, +0/+6 Limited Mind Shield)

Nonlethal Damage: Bruised 0, Staggered No, Unconscious No
Lethal Damage: Injured 0, Disabled No, Dying No
Fatigue: Fatigued No, Exhausted No, Unconscious No

Attacks:
Unarmed Strike +6 melee for +2 damage
Tonfa +6 melee for +3 damage
Heavy Pistol +6 ranged for +4 damage (40 ft. increment)

Feats: Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Elusive Target, Equipment 5, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Quick Change 2, Sneak Attack (unranked, ignores PL cap)

Skills (68 ranks): Acrobatics +5 (3 ranks, +2 Dex), Athletics +5 (3 ranks, +2 Str), Bluff +15 (13 ranks, +2 Cha), Computers +10 (8 ranks, +2 Int), Diplomacy +15 (13 ranks, +2 Cha), Disguise +5/+15 (3 ranks, +2 Cha, +0/+10 power), Linguistics +8 (6 ranks, +2 Int), Perception +5 (3 ranks, +2 Wis), Sense Motive +10 (8 ranks, +2 Wis), Stealth +10 (8 ranks, +2 Dex)

Equipment (EP 20): Supervillain Outfit (EP 0, various disguises), Backpack (EP 0), Briefcase (EP 0), Disguise Kit (EP 0), Medicine Kit (EP 0), Loft (EP 0, Fine Headquarters, Large Object, Garage, Living Space, Security System), Midsize Car (EP 7, Str 30, Speed 5, Defense 8, Toughness 9, Huge Vehicle), Laptop Computer (EP 1, Medium), Commlink (EP 1, Miniscule), Flashlight (EP 1, Tiny), Handcuffs (EP 1, Tiny), Tonfa (EP 2, Damage +1, Critical 20, Bludgeoning, Medium Simple Melee Weapon), Heavy Pistol (EP 8, Damage +4, Critical 20, Ballistic, Range Increment 40 ft., Small Firearm), Undercover Vest (EP 4, Toughness +3, Subtle)

Current Load 30 lbs.
Light Load 58, Medium Load 116, Heavy Load 175
Maximum Load 350, Push/Drag 875

Complications: Reputation (he has a bad reputation from his criminal activities), Responsibility (his ultimate loyalties lie with the leadership of The Zodiac and he must report in as well as follow the orders of his master)
Drawbacks: None

Powers:
1. Mental Sanctum (Mind Shield 6, Psionic, Effect: Defense/Mental, Action: Free, Range: Personal, Duration: Permanent, Cost: 3, Extra: Duration, Flaw: Limited, Flaw: Permanent, gets +6 on Will saves against mental effects, automatically saves against mental effects with a lower save DC modifier, Limited to Mind Control and Mind Reading and Mental Transform and Fog of Forgetfulness)

2. Incognito (Morph 2, Psionic, Effect: Alteration, Action: Full, Range: Personal, Duration: Continuous, Cost: 2, Extra: Duration, Flaw: Action 2, can change appearance to look like any other humanoid with +10 on Disguise checks for that purpose)

3. Deja Vu (Duplication 10, Psionic, Effect: Alteration, Action: Full, Range: Personal, Duration: Sustained, Cost: 22, Power Feat: Absorption Healing, Power Feat: Mental Link, Extra: Heroic, Flaw: Action, Flaw: Feedback, can create a single heroic duplicate of himself with all his abilities except this power and no hero points, can absorb an undamaged duplicate to make an immediate recovery check, communicates mentally with his duplicate and knows what they know, needs a Will save against any damage suffered by his duplicate but adds the duplicate's Toughness bonus to his Will save)

4a. Copycat (Mimic Powers 8, Psionic, Effect: Alteration, Action: Full, Range: Perception, Duration: Sustained, Cost: 33, Extra: Perception, Flaw: Action, Power Feat: Alternate Power 1, Flaw: Tainted, can copy all of one subject's powers at a time but only up to 40 power points total, maximum copied rank equals Mimic rank or subject's rank if lower, maximum copied bonus equals Mimic rank or subject's rank if lower, copies subject's drawbacks as well as powers)

-----4b. Insidiousness (Mind Reading 10, Psionic, Effect: Mental, Action: Free/Move, Range: Perception, Duration: Concentration/Lasting, Equivalent Cost: 32, Power Feat: Subtle 2, Extra: Action 2, can read a target's surface thoughts with a power check against their Will save, may use Bluff opposed by Sense Motive when interacting to make the target think about a particular subject, can probe a target's mind for one answer per round with a move-action power check against their Will save, targets get a cumulative +1 on Will saves against Mind Reading for each new attempt per encounter and a new save with such a bonus at every interval along the Time and Value Progression Table)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
I have not checked every PP cost, but two things:

- Mind Shield falls under my Impervious house rule, so you will automatically succeed on will saves up to DC 13, not 16.

- Not sure I like the added mind reading. It seems another extra added as an AP with no clear connection to the overall concept. If you would play a psychic, mo problem, but Gemini is already a crossbred of the Mimic and Duplicator archetype. Adding Mindreading is maybe a bit much IMHO,but I will not disallow it.

Thanee

First Post
Two things I am wondering about...

2. Incognito (Action: Full, Flaw: Action 2)

Wouldn't that be a Standard Action rather than a Full Action (starting from Free Action)? You could probably take Action 3, to lower the Cost from 2 to 1.

3. Deja Vu (Flaw: Feedback, needs a Will save against any damage suffered by his duplicate but adds the duplicate's Toughness bonus to his Will save)

I think you make a damage save using the duplicate's Toughness bonus (replacing your own bonus (which shouldn't be any difference, anyways, since it is a duplicate of yourself), not adding it to your Will save), at least that's what Ultimate Power says.

Bye
Thanee

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks, Thanee.

So I think maybe Luck (Inspired) 2, dropping Octavia's Will Save by 2. You guys think that's enough, or do we want more Inspired uses than 2.

Thanee

First Post
[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]: Looking at the Luck feats in the house rule section, I think you missed something there.

There is "Inspiration" and "Inspired Feat", but they are not what perinmiller is looking for (Hero Points to spend for the Inspire feat, for example; maybe there are more such abilities, which are fueled with Hero Points, too).

Bye
Thanee

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yeah I looked at both of those and wasn't sure which one it was. Took Inspired just because it matches the power's name exactly, despite what the description says.

Whichever Luck feat she needs, is just a name though. Question is, how many Hero Points should she go for to use the Inspired Power?

Walking Dad

First Post
I will add a Luck feat variant for this. Will have to think for a good name. Suggestions?

(I would like to keep the names of the other ones, as I had taken them from the book of magic.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases