"Necessary Evil" OOC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Our game hasn't started yet. LOL.

Sorry [MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION]. That makes two games in two days. :p

How close are we ready to getting started?

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
That's really wierd........I ordered Pocket Ultimate Power last year and the copy I received should be the latest printing from that time, AFAIK. Pocket Ultimate Power, the Mastermind's Manual, AND the M&M 2E core book that I have all say "added to your normal Will save bonus" in the description, unlike what you posted for the Feedback Flaw. And I'm not just talking about in the Duplication power's description, I'm talking about the general Feedback flaw's description in each of my books.

Yep. Weird. Maybe that's a question worthy of being asked in the atomicthinktank. :)

I wonder if I got screwed with old copies of early printings, ...

I don't think that's possible, since the Pocket UP came out after the hardback UP, that I have.

Maybe it is actually supposed to work that way and was wrong in the original hardback? Is there an errata file for those books around? Gonna have to check on that. :)

http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/gimmicks_gadgets/mm-2e-archive/ultimate-power/

It doesn't list this specific case, but it does change to the Will save text under Telekinesis (p. 195).

Bye
Thanee

Walking Dad

First Post
The Atomic Think Tank • View topic - Feedback Flaw and Dodge Bonus contradictions.

Grayson wrote:The Feedback flaw on page 115 is a bit different from the Feedback flaw for the Duplication power on page 83, even though the flaw on page 115 uses Duplication as an example. They have the same value but the Duplication version of the Feedback flaw is actually less of a flaw since the object's Toughness save bonus is added to the character's Will save...
The Feedback flaw on page 115 should read:

You suffer pain when a manifestation of your power is damaged. this flaw only applies to powers with physical manifestations, such as Create Object, Duplication, Snare, or Summon, for example. If your power’s manifestation is damaged, make a Will save against damage equal to the attack’s damage, with a bonus equal to the manifestation’s Toughness. For example, if you create a Toughness 12 object and it is attacked for +15 damage, you must make a Will save against +15 damage with a +12 bonus (the object’s Toughness) added to your normal Will save bonus.

Alright, problem solved. Sorry to see you go, Herobizkit.

Any thing else needed before we can start?

Thanee

First Post
I am ready once Luck is named and someone offers me an opinion or two on how many ranks to take. I think 2-3 would be fine.

Yep, I think 2-3 is ok, you can still use regular Hero Points, too (though I really have no idea how rare those actually are). :)

Bye
Thanee

jkason

First Post
Yep, I think 2-3 is ok, you can still use regular Hero Points, too (though I really have no idea how rare those actually are). :)

Bye
Thanee

Seems to me WD wasn't especially stingy with Hero Points in the previous game. He wasn't handing them out like they were nothing, mind you, but it wasn't jaw-dropping to get one in a given encounter.

Walking Dad

First Post
I am ready once Luck is named and someone offers me an opinion or two on how many ranks to take. I think 2-3 would be fine.
What about inner reserve, if these points can power any feat that depends on spending HP?

Seems to me WD wasn't especially stingy with Hero Points in the previous game. He wasn't handing them out like they were nothing, mind you, but it wasn't jaw-dropping to get one in a given encounter.
I actually just use the rules... every time an NPC 'spends' a HP, the character having the biggest disadvantage from it gains a HP.
The sole exemption was the fight of PL 9 heroes against a PL 15 NPC. I ruled this as but enough to give an extra HP to everyone.

Arkhandus

First Post
Okay. Glad to see that the version printed in my books is indeed the proper, post-errata version. If I had to accept Gemini's duplicate being nothing more than a terrible liability, I would've just tried a different character.

I've posted Gemini in the Rogues Gallery now, replacing Kunai-Hime in my earlier post there (just edited that post). Only difference from the version posted there and the "Gemini Mk.III" version in this thread is that I fixed Morph's cost (full-action activation as intended) and put the 1 spare point from it into Reflex. I'll add Gemini's appearance and background to that post a little later today as I get both typed up. I'm all set for the game now, I guess.

Kunai-Hime is just too difficult to accurately stat-up in M&M given the particulars of her mutant powers and the M&M caps on attacks, damage, and sneak attacks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases