"Necessary Evil" OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
Any possibility that there'd be room for me with herobizkit dropping?
I can do up a character quickly or come in later if you guys're anxious to start.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, of course, Jemal.

My wife will be on a trip this weekend and I'm going to visit my parents with the children, so I'm not sure I can start the game before next Monday anyway.

Jemal

Adventurer
Ah, well either way Thank you for the opportunity, and have a good (And safe) trip.

Also just noticed you're Ill, so as the cards say "Get Well Soon." :D

Jemal

Adventurer
Also in case you get a chance to read/respond to this before you leave, I figured I'd give a small summary of the basic concepts I'm working on right now, in case you dislike one of them.
And in case WD doesn't get the chance or doesn't particularily like/dislike any of them, then I invite everyone's thoughts/comments.

Ondine/Siren: Hybrid Atlantean. She used to commit terrorist acts upon the surface dwellers, being one of the atlanteans who despised them for their (Perceived?) mistreatment of her race (Including the.. 'forced impregnation' of her mother). She is now forced to work with them for the protection of the entire planet. Perhaps the time she spends with them will change her views?
A Powerful psychic whose abilities include Enchantment, Telepathy, and (Possibly) Telekinesis.

Will: A man who was sent from an alternate future to help save the world from the alien invasion.
He is a nexus of power and probability alteration, his very presence can warp the laws of physics and important things tend to happen around him, often for the greater good (Whether he sees it that way at the time or not).
Probable Build: High feat/Skill intensive character with Luck Control and possible a few other not-so-controllable powers, All at GM Discretion, of course.

Inertia: He was originally a supervillain who's body generates an enormous amount of potential and kinetic energy, giving him massive inertia. Since the invasion, he's found himself helping people who a few months ago he would have seen as beneath him.
Powers Include: Immovability, increased Toughness/Speed/Strength.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I vastly prefer Odine/Siren. Maybe the fever ;)

Inertia is to similar to Brick and I'm not sure I like Will with highly GM regulated powers (I'm not sure I will do the character justice).

For Siren:
Atlanteans are actually stronger than humans, so she is either mistaken about her father or he has superpowers.

Jemal

Adventurer
Yeah my backstory for her has her father being a super-villain.
After I posted them I looked at them and figured I liked Siren the best too, so I started work on her, she's pretty much finished. I'll post'er up and see if anybody can find what I did wrong (There's always something):

She's currently 2 pts over, still a WIP.

[sblock=Ondine/Siren First Draft]
Ondina Naiad AKA SIREN - PL 10 (150 pp)

Abilities: 18pp
STR 10 (+0)
DEX 14 (+2)/18(+4)
CON 10 (+0)/14(+2)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 18 (+4)

Combat : 0pp
Defense: 22 (12 Dodge)
Toughness: +8 (+2 con +6 Protection),
Base Attack: 0
Initiative: +8

Saves: 22 pp
Fort +10 (6 base + 2 con +2 Enhanced)
Reflex +12 (6 base + 4 dex +2 Enhanced)
Will +14 (10 base + 2 wis +2 Enhanced)

Skills: (76 ranks=19pp)
Athletics(+14/10), Bluff(+14/10), Diplomacy(+14/10)Escape Artist(+10/6), Handle Animal(+14/10), Notice(+12/10), Perform(+14/10), Sense Motive(+12/10)

Feats(20): Animal Empathy(Sea Creatures), Attractive, DodgeX12, Endurance, Environmental Adaptation(Underwater), Fascinate(Perform), Favoured Environment(Water), Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge(Mental)

Powers: 73pp
Atlantean Container: [Descriptor: Racial, PF: Innate] (11pp)
-Comprehend Rank 2: Animals(Speak to and understand), Flaw:Sea Creatures only(-1) - 2pp
-Immunity Rank 3: High Pressure, Cold Environments, Drowning - 3pp
-Super Senses Rank 3: Sonar(Accurate Ultrasonic Hearing) - 3pp
-Swimming Rank 2: 5 mph - 2 pp

Psychic Array: [Descriptor: Mental, ] (46pp)
-PRIMARY: Mental Blast Rank 10 - 40pp
-Emotion Control Rank 10(Dynamic) - +2pp
-Illussion Rank 10(Visual & Auditory, PF:progressionX4, Dynamic) - +2pp
-Telepathy Rank 10(Dynamic) - +2pp

Atlantean Armour: Device Rank 4[Hard to Loose] (16pp)
Protection Rank 6 - 6pp
Enhanced Abilities: Con+4, Dex+4 - 8pp
Enhanced Saves: +2 Fort/Ref/Will - 6pp

Drawbacks: Vulnerable to heat(Complication?)

Tradeoffs: +2 Defense/-2 Toughness
COST: 18 Abilities + 19 Skills + 20 Feats + 73 Powers + 0 Combat + 22 Saves = 152/150!!!!!!!!

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Hello Jemal, been a while.....

Only things I notice on the sheet that may be off, at a glance, are Notice should probably be Perception since we're using Pathfinder's consolidated skills, and Walking Dad posted in the beginning that non-power Drawbacks should be Complications in this game instead, so you wouldn't get that 2-point discount from Vulnerability.

Oh, and you should list your Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense since we're using that more or less out of Pathfinder. CMB in this game is BAB + Str mod + size mod. CMD in this game is Defense + Str mod + Dex mod + size mod.

Thanee

First Post
Only things I notice on the sheet that may be off, at a glance, are Notice should probably be Perception since we're using Pathfinder's consolidated skills, ...

Are we?

http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...2nd-revised-pathfinder-style.html#post5467249

I thought we use MM2 skills (because they are quite similar to what Pathfinder did already) and only Athletics and Control change a bit, and Concentration is removed.

One thing: Attractive doesn't offer any bonus over 15 Ranks in Bluff, because it is added to the Ranks when comparing with the PL limits.

Bye
Thanee

Arkhandus

First Post
The implication in his thread was that the shortened skill list from Pathfinder would be used. Aside from adding his own few changes as well.

And yeah, in my quick glance, I didn't take a look at Jemal's skill bonuses. Didn't catch that miscalc with the Attractive feat.

Jemal

Adventurer
Thanee: I actually hadn't added it in anywhere, I took it more for flavour - She's supposed to be the beautiful but deadly siren of the sea.
On that note though, whats the max skill bonus you can have? The book says a character cannot have more ranks in a skill than PL+5, but doesn't mention the max bonus beyond that.
(I assume it's allready acounted for though, what with each ability's max being based on PL also, ergo Rank(which has a PL Cap) + Ability bonus(Which has a PL Cap) = Skill cap.. so that would make skill caps... 30?

Arkhandus - YO! Curses on the drawback thing, now I gotta find points to drop somewhere.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases