"Necessary Evil" OOC

Arkhandus

First Post
Sorry for railroading the introduction part. I dare not to move away to much from the campaign at the beginning.

Be assured that it will become more free-form as we progress.

If your characters have no obvious powers to survive the drop, note that extra effort is now much less punishing and I will allow creative uses of your powers.
......how is extra effort much less punishing, now?

*tries to check the houserules thread again*

Thanee

First Post
I think he meant the situation... we are not directly in combat, and having a level of fatigue will not be a serious problem, if we can take a moment to rest afterwards.

Bye
Thanee

Arkhandus

First Post
Yeah, I was guessing that's what he meant.

Fortunate that Octavia was visible when she sprouted wings, else Gemini would've had to just guess who else might have a useful power for stopping or surviving the fall.

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, the situation is more forgiving than full blown combat.

Also I was thinking to add some more house rules. As they are a little late, I would like to get your opinions before forcing you to use them

1.) Adapting the Winded condition from the True 20 rules.

This will allow to use Extra Effort more freely.

Fatigue

Characters can suffer from fatigue as well as damage. This usually results from tasks requiring great effort, such as moving all out, exertion in difficult environments, and using extra effort. There are three fatigue levels: winded, fatigued, and exhausted.

Winded
The character moves at half normal speed. A winded character who suffers an additional fatigue result becomes fatigued.

Fatigued
Fatigued characters move at half normal speed and suffer a –2 penalty
to effective Strength and Dexterity and a –1 penalty on attack and
defense. A fatigued character who does something else or suffers an
effect that would normally cause fatigue becomes exhausted.

Exhausted
Exhausted characters are near collapse. They move at half normal speed and suffer a –6 penalty to effective Strength and Dexterity and a –3 penalty on attack and defense. An exhausted character suffering another fatigue result falls unconscious (and must recover from it, as well as the fatigue, normally).

2.) Using the definition for the Dazed condition from 3rd edition and replacing 'Stunned' with 'Dazed' in the 'Toughness Saving Throw Table'.

Dazed: A dazed character is limited to free actions and a single standard action per turn, although the character may use that action to perform a move, as usual. Stunned supersedes dazed.

This will reduce the 'Death Spiral' in combat a bit.

Jemal

Adventurer
Doesn't matter to me.

And sorry bout the delay, its been a busy week, and everything seemed to be moving rather slowly on ENWorld last time I checked in, so I figured I wouldn't miss much if I took a couple days off.. *shrug* whoda thunk it, eh?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases