"Necessary Evil" OOC

Thanee

First Post
Hmm?

Ultimate Power says: "You can teleport, take a standard action, and teleport again as a full action, so long as the total distance doesn't exceed your short Teleport range (rank x 100 feet). This is Teleport's version of the Move-By Action feat."

It doesn't say anything about having to return to your starting spot.

EDIT: Aha, I see now what you mean... the Core book says that, but apparantly that part has been removed in Ultimate Power, which is the more current book.

Bye
Thanee

Jemal

Adventurer
Huh, I wasn't aware the splat book over-ruled the core, I've always Ruled when I'm GMing that it was vice-versa.

The more you know!

Arkhandus

First Post
I will use the most current rule.

BTW, Arkhandus, how is the wording in the pocket edition?
Yeah, it's wierd, but Pocket Ultimate Power says "Turnabout: You can teleport, take a standard action, and teleport again as a full action, so long as the total distance doesn't exceed your short Teleport range (rank x 100 feet). This is Teleport's version of the Move-By Action feat (see Move-By Action, M&M, page 63)."

My copy of the core rulebook has the "back to your starting point" wording, but that's an older book. Dunno why UP changed the function. Seems kinda strong given that nobody can tell where you teleported away to (short of a very particular super-sense).

Voda Vosa

First Post
Actually, Dr. Chaos did exactly that. He also had teleport and was able to blink like that and use his standard action in the middle.

Thanee

First Post
I suppose it is to keep it in line with Move-By Action, which also doesn't require you to go back to your starting point.

There are always Ready Actions to fight someone using guerrilla-turnabout-teleporting-tactics. :D

Bye
Thanee

Walking Dad

First Post
Huh, I wasn't aware the splat book over-ruled the core, I've always Ruled when I'm GMing that it was vice-versa.

The more you know!
For M&M, I consider the Mastermind's Manual and the UP as part of the Core. And the UP as the long and revised version of the 'core' book powers chapter.

Sorry, changed working times. But I will try to post in the IC thread today.

Thanee

First Post
[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]: The only drones you can attack right now, are disabled already. ;)

"You will have ca. 3 rounds until the other drones will arrive."

Bye
Thanee

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Can our GM update provide a bit more than the recap and our results, please? We entered a new location and I am lacking situational awareness on what my character sees.

Cells are obviously present, but there must be doors and equipment around too, right?
Do we see any people in these cells paying attention?
Is this all one room inside with interior cells?
Where are these 8 drones coming in?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases