"Necessary Evil" OOC

Walking Dad

First Post

2.) Using the definition for the Dazed condition from 3rd edition and replacing 'Stunned' with 'Dazed' in the 'Toughness Saving Throw Table'.

This will reduce the 'Death Spiral' in combat a bit.

Dazed: A dazed character is limited to free actions and a single standard action per turn, although the character may use that action to perform a move, as usual. Stunned supersedes dazed.

So, Helis would be dazed, not stunned by the mental blast.

Arkhandus

First Post
And Helis shouldn't be able to attack while dazed.

But yeah, bound to be some intra-party conflict with a team composed partly of 'former' supervillains.

Gemini would've stuck around and interfered, but he doesn't really care if Helis kills one of the others or gets put in his place. Helis was no help in the prison-break.

Arkhandus

First Post
Sorry, I was thinking of the normal d20 definition of "Dazed." Hard to keep track of all the houserules off in your blog and scattered across the thread.

Jemal

Adventurer
So I'm a bit confused as to what's happened/not happend. The rounds got a bit messed up after the 'dazed not stunned' revelation.

I was following eveything fine until the round Siren used the Extra Effort.
Helis' response indicated he was stunned, so I wrote my next round.

Then we found out he wasn't , and he responded with another attack and will save... Does that effectively rewind time so that I should redo that round, since things have changed since I posted what I planned on doing?
And then there's Brick's intervention.. I'm assuming it comes after Hellis' bow attack(His first action after I dazed him) but before my response (As I need to rewrite my response).
Am I following this correctly? (I hate rewinds)

Also, what happens if someone who's suffering a negative effect gets it again? IE shaken X2 or Dazed X2? Do they add to become the next worse, or

And finally, how are dazed and staggered any different? They say basically the same thing.. Can only take one action.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry, I was thinking of the normal d20 definition of "Dazed." Hard to keep track of all the houserules off in your blog and scattered across the thread.

Noted. Only the fatigue and dazed rules were missing in the blog. I just added them.

And finally, how are dazed and staggered any different? They say basically the same thing.. Can only take one action.

Because I looked it up in a non errated book that defines staggered as:

Staggered: A staggered character can take a single move or standard action each round, not both. Any further damage to a staggered character shifts the character’s condition to unconscious.

Also a second staggered result makes a character unconscious even after the errata.

And no, "dazed" from damage resolution don't stacks.

---

I will take alook at the combat and will try to get some sense into it.

Jemal

Adventurer
I still don't see much of a difference between Dazed and Staggered:

Dazed: A dazed character is limited to free actions and a single standard action per turn, although the character may use that action to perform a move, as usual. Stunned supersedes dazed.

Staggered: A staggered character can take a single move or standard action each round, not both. Any further damage to a staggered character shifts the character’s condition to unconscious.

It's just a different wording for the same effect. Dazed calls it "single standard action, you may use that action to move", whereas staggered is "single move or standard".

Far as I can tell the only difference is that staggered stacks into unconsciousness.

Remove ads