"Necessary Evil" OOC

Walking Dad

First Post

Far as I can tell the only difference is that staggered stacks into unconsciousness.

And this is the point. Also, the errata says:

page 171 — Staggered: Change the second sentence to read: "A staggered character who is staggered again is rendered unconscious."
Using different names is vital to avoid unconscious characters from failing two saving rolls by 6 in the same round.

---

IC thread: I don't know how helis did the second attack. We should wait for VV's answer before proceeding (I'm not sure the second roll was the one that missed).

Voda Vosa

First Post
I didn't perform an action when I thought I was stunned, so I made it in that post, and then posted the attack for my actual turn.

My beautiful self said:
Ok, so my Dazed action will be attacking Siren with the Toxote. I'll also roll for the toughness. Rolling also my attack for this round. She also needs to save vs DC 23 Penetrating damage this round from Secondary Effect last turn.

Thanee

First Post
[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]

If I got it right, the Area Blast works like this.

No Attack Roll required. Instead, all targets get a Reflex Save (DC 20; 10+Rank because it is Reflex) to reduce the Blast Damage (from 10 to 5).

Afterwards, all targets (except those with Evasion) make a Toughness Save (DC 20 or 25, depending on the Reflex Save) to avoid taking damage.

Of course, the g'roks could have Evasion, but if they do not, the other two could also potentially take some damage.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
A question for my own understanding...

Does a "staggered" result also include a "bruised" result, or is it 'only' "staggered"?

Bye
Thanee

Jemal

Adventurer
From what I understand, all damage results are cumulative on failed saves, so if it was a 'damage' result then it also includes bruised. The only way you could get staggered w/o being bruised is by a power that specifically staggers and isn't a 'damaging' power.

Walking Dad

First Post
It does include it for me...

Jemal, for your question in the IC thread:

bruises reduce toughness save rolls. They don't mention will or fortitude saves to avoid damage.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well.. I've been pondering asking this for a while now b/c I've not enjoying Siren as much as I'd hoped...
With that ruling meaning that my attacks are essentially all-or-nothing affairs (a device I despise in any rpg), it makes asking this question a lot easier:
Would you be allright with me working up a remake of the character?

And NO, this is NOT just because of that ruling, that was just the tip that hit me while i was waffling. I haven't been enjoying the 'mental blast'.. auto hit, same attack, all the time...
Sure shes got the emotion thing, but that's really just for roleplaying. Her combat stats are pretty much just going to be me trying to find ways to say "I mental blast, make a DC 25 will save". And with the bruises not affecting it, that means she doesn't really 'do' anything to them (From a 1v1 standpoint) unless/until they fail significantly.

If you're open to it, I do have several other ideas that I could try for powersets, or an entirely different character, which ever.

Walking Dad

First Post
I perfectly understand you. You made a one trick pony with an auto-hit, without realizing it... and I did neither. Perfect happy with any chance you want. It seems we lost two players already...

If you want to ditch Siren, I could try to recruit some more players and you can be part of their cell that Doc Destruction sent to help the original group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases