"Necessary Evil" OOC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I had a little time to look at Octavia to begin advancing to PL10, but only managed to write down her current expenditures on paper and look a few things.

We will have rationing in power starting tomorrow and they are shutting down my town from 18:00-22:00 tomorrow night. So no computer for half my evening.
icon_cry.gif
I guess a few nuclear reactors possibly melting down can but a damper on things.

Anyone want to play Fallout for real? j/k, it isn't that bad.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Question about the Skill Ranks. With max ranks at 15 for PL10, it looks like we can only reach 10 ranks with 2PP. Or can we take Skill Focus twice on the same skill?

jkason

First Post
Okay, I used your suggested changes to Brick from the old OOC as a template and updated with the new PL. Here's what I came up with:

[sblock=Brick]Abilities: STR: 10/30 (+0/+10) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 10/30 (+0/+10) INT: 10 (+0) WIS: 13 (+1) CHA: 14 (+2)

Skills: Intimidate 8 (+10), Drive 1 (+3), Notice 3 (+4)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 10, Attack Specialization (Heavy Pistol) 2, Chokehold, Diehard, Fast Overrun, Improved Block 1, Improved Crit (Unarmed Attack) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Overrun, Improved Pin, Interpose, Power Attack, Startle, Stunning Attack, Takedown 2, Equipment 5

Powers: Enhanced Trait (Str) 20 (20 PP) (Power Feats: Shockwave (1 PP), Groundstrike (1 PP)), Enhanced Trait (Con) 20 (20 PP), Leaping 4 (4 PP), Protection 1 (Impervious 11) (12 PP), Penetrating on Str (10 PP), Super-Strength 4 (8 PP)

Combat: Melee Attack +10 / Ranged Attack +0 (+4 Heavy Pistol), Defense 19 (Tradeoff: Toughness), Init +2

Saves: Toughness +11 (Impervious, Tradeoff: Defense) Fortitude +10 Reflex +6 Will +6

Equipment: Binoculars (1ep), Cell Phone (1ep), Commlink (1ep), Flash Goggles (1ep), Flashlight (1ep), Gas Mask (1ep), Vehicle: Motorcycle (9ep), Heavy Pistol (8ep) (Stun Ammo (1ep) )

Abilities 11 + Skills 3 (12 Ranks) + Feats 33 + Powers 76 + Combat 18 + Saves 9 = 150pp[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Question about the Skill Ranks. With max ranks at 15 for PL10, it looks like we can only reach 10 ranks with 2PP. Or can we take Skill Focus twice on the same skill?

It states that you cannot take it twice on the same skill (only on different skills).

Also, the whole part is listed as "optional". Not sure it even applies.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
I also have a question.

The Rank Limit for the various Luck Feats, is it applied to each of them seperately, or to all of them together?

Bye
Thanee

Walking Dad

First Post
Answers:

jkason: Looks good. Are you still sure about you're poor base ranged attack bonus? Throwing cars is a classic.
Also your character is relatively hitting weak for a powerhouse. More She-Hulk than Thing.

perrinmiller: Thanee is right. We will not use the optional rule for this game.

Thanee: Apply the rank limit for the Luck feats separately.

jkason

First Post
Answers:

jkason: Looks good. Are you still sure about you're poor base ranged attack bonus? Throwing cars is a classic.
Also your character is relatively hitting weak for a powerhouse. More She-Hulk than Thing.

I could juggle around some stuff to increase the Ranged bonus, but if I'm already weak, I'm not sure that helps? I thought I already had his attack bonus maxed out, so I'm not sure what else I can do to make him hit harder? I guess I really don't have a good sense of what good stats are in an M&M game...

Arkhandus

First Post
Reposting my earlier question: Would a few feats or powers from the Mutants & Masterminds: Mecha & Manga supplement be acceptable? Attack Flurry, Combo Action, Deep Ties, Slap Silly, Zen Strike, Combo Finish, Martial Arts Stance, Aggressive Counter, Catch Attack, Evasive Retreat, and Twin Weapon Strike might be fitting for Kunai-Hime.

Walking Dad

First Post
I could juggle around some stuff to increase the Ranged bonus, but if I'm already weak, I'm not sure that helps? I thought I already had his attack bonus maxed out, so I'm not sure what else I can do to make him hit harder? I guess I really don't have a good sense of what good stats are in an M&M game...
Oh, you are quite good and effective. Brick is currently just more precise and less damaging than the sample powerhouses (lower damage, but better attack). This is perfectly fine, but I wasn't sure you intended him to be this way.
You could also ditch your pistol and just throw thing for a more damaging ranged attack. And I allow you to AP Shockwave and Groundstrike from your extended strength instead of your super strength.

Sorry if I confused you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases