"Necessary Evil" OOC

Thanee

First Post
We all have communicators to reach our "employer", right?

Might be useful to get some pick-up crew in place...

Bye
Thanee

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Question, can Helis use his regeneration to heal the staggered condition?
No, Helis has 4 levels of -1 Toughness penalty (I still call them bruised levels). Regeneration heals them first before removing conditions.
Remove penalties to your Toughness checks due to damage equal to your Regeneration rank each minute. You then recover other damage conditions equal to your Regeneration rank each minute, starting from your most severe condition.
BBM

Jemal

Adventurer
according to the rule book, Regeneration doesn't change the order in which you heal, just the rate at which you heal. Normally you recover the WORST damage condition first. Regeneration just makes that happen quicker.
Page 192 : 'a damaged character recoers from being incapacitated, then staggered, dazed, and finally removes a -1 toughness check penalty per minute until fully recovered'
Regeneration 10 improves the per minute to per round.
Unfortunately, Helis' regeneration also has Source: Sunlight, and he's indoors at the moment.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I actually cited the same book, but page 123, under "Regeneration".
And I like this better.
I don't like characters jumping up from incapacitated each round. Healing the Toughness penalty first gives this a nice buffer and gives enemies the possibility to keep hitting to keep the character down.

But I will take a look at their forum if there is any clarification for this.

Jemal

Adventurer
Just reposting to the OOC thread in case there's need for discussion :

I missed how bad their saves were, can I change my action? Since Siren was in contact with them when they were attacked, could she be aware of how badly they were hit? (Between Sonar over the comms and her Mind reading/Telepathy?)
Also, I'd like to know if you'd allow the following as a power stunt on her psychic array:
"Mental soothing" - Healing 9, Area(+1), Perception(+2), Limited: Others(-1), Selective; with the other points being spent to maintain mind reading/communication/whatever I need to still be able to mentally 'perceive' Ben and Helis.

Walking Dad

First Post
If I'm up to allow the "only others" limit, I'm not going to allow "only herself" stunts later... but the singing limit would make sense.
To perceive them, you could get mental awareness with the acute extra and an appropriate reach. I will not allow sonar over comms, Communication or Mindreading to count as perceiving. Direct sonar would be fine.

Walking Dad

First Post
[MENTION=9026]Jemal[/MENTION] , you rolled Persuasion, but the words you wrote for Siren are strongly suggesting an Intimidation attempt. Can you please either rewrite her speech or give me your ok to use her Intimidation ranks for the check? Thanks.

BTW, no, the Slashers work nearly directly for the V'sori, to do what they are just doing (harassing people). There are no more "powerful friends" than their bosses as far as they are concerned. And police are more likely to help them than their victims in a conflict.

Remove ads