L4W Tavern Patrons

When you retire a character you get to choose what level your next character comes in as? Boy, I guess I need to read up more on the charter and character creation pages!

covaithe

Explorer
When you retire a character you get to choose what level your next character comes in as? Boy, I guess I need to read up more on the charter and character creation pages!

The relevant bit of the Charter is option B here, from the section on retirement:

You have two options when replacing a character:

A) Create the new character at the same level as the old character. ...

B) Create the new character at least one level below the level of the old character. Any XP lost in this way (a minimum of one level's worth) is divided in half and credited to the player, tracked on a wiki page, and can be spent on another character, with the DM's discretion. When credited XP is spent on a character, that character receives time gold, as if the XP gained were time XP.

BenBrown

First Post
Since this has fallen to disuse, I have create a wiki page.

Please go to the page and update the tables with your character info.

Tavern Patrons wiki

Not a bad idea, but I suspect it will work better if you appoint yourself keeper of the page. These things just don't work when everybody has to update their own stuff. We've got at least two character status pages and a character careers page that have only been kept up to date when one person decided to take on that job for everyone. This thread was so useful simply because Twilsemail kept at it even when he had no real reason to even look at the tavern thread.

Dekana

Explorer
Moving back to this thread...

OOC: Sometimes people want to roleplay in character in the tavern, but don't want to have those characters adventuring.

The ready for adventure table is to show who has shown interest in an already posted adventure, again to steer those planning to only those still sitting around waiting for a new adventure to be offered.

I don't know that we have many people in the tavern who don't want to adventure, but they don't need to be tracked if that's the case. When they want to start adventuring, they can add their name to the list.

The ready for adventure table is already tracked by the DM as he or she puts the adventure together, so I don't think it needs to be in the wiki. It would also take many updates to the wiki to keep the "ready for adventure" up to date, whereas the DM could instead just do one update after recruiting to remove people from the single "looking for adventure" table.

Last edited:

weldon

Explorer
This should work fine.

More long term, I'm working on a general method for adventure tracking and adventure pages. I can extend that to handle the tavern as well. When I have something ready to share, I'll chime in again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases