Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Tenchuu

First Post
"Dis big won issa 'llarian joompin spidah, ya 'ear? So watch out fo da joompin." Spider said. "An, dey heard spidahs be hidin, so keep ya eyes peeled. I and I see won ova dere," he pointed ahead and to the right. "An won ova 'ere, dat I an I gonna crush. Just ya watch, Grava. I an I show ya 'ow its done."

Spider lowered his stance, holding the long blade out in front and him and low to the ground. Like this, he crept south, moving back past his allies to get around a line of webbing in the trees. Then with a war cry he rushed forward, impaling his sword into one of the hidden herd spiders.
[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Skill Checks:
Nature: 1d20=15
Perception: 1d20=18

Berserker's charge stance, move to R2, charge N2 (I assume its a hit) for 15 damage.

[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: Berserker's Charge Stance
Move: to P5, to Q5, to R4, to R3 to R2
Standard: Charge Herd Spider at N2

• Target: N2 Herd Spider
  • Attack: 1d20+11=25
  • Damage: 1d12+8=15
    (Sorry about the second roll in IC. I forgot to change the # of rolls back to 1, so ignore the second set of rolls)
[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +10

Defenses:

AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 11 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging)

Vitality:
HP: 27/27, THP: 0/0 Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Giant

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Fullblade 1d12+8
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+8

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance
Encounter: Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily:

Weapons:
1 Fullblade 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.

NickNames
Grava
God Sword
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Almightyfoon

First Post
[sblock=Perception and Nature]Perception: 18, Nature: 11

On a side note, I love how my trained nature skill is rolling for crap, but my untrained penalized Perception has rolled a 20 and a 19.[/sblock]

As Spider points out the two smaller spiders, Perin sees them with his own eyes. "Right, I see them Spider. The other spiders I mean, I'm not making fun of how you talk, er... not that you talk funny... I mean, damnit." Perin rambles pulling out his staves.
[sblock=Action Block]
[sblock=Actions]Standard: Ramble
Move: Place foot in mouth
Minor: Draw staves[/sblock]
[sblock="Stat Block"]Perin
AC: 13 F/R/W: 12/14/17
Init: +3 Passive Perception: 9, Passive insight: 9
HP: 25/25 Bloodied: 12 Surge value: 6 Surges/Day: 7
Lightning Bolt, Chaos Bolt, Stormwalk
Thunder Slam
Shocking Magnetism[/sblock][/sblock]

bluesfella

Explorer
"Brace yourselves, lads. Here they come!"

[sblock=Question]If we hack through the spiderwebs in a given square, can we remove them? (Not that I'm planning on it - just curious.)[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
A smaller spider that our own Spider didn't see nips at him during his charge, but doesn't connect. The Half-Orc's massive blade does connect, though.[sblock=Opportunity Attack]Opportunity Attack vs. Spider (1d20+8=13)[/sblock]The big spider leaps across the webbing, builds up a good head of steam, and pounces at Graval, knocking him to the ground.

The creature Spider hit counterattacks, injecting a painful poison into his veins.

Another of these monsters can be seen moving through the woods, keeping on the other side of the web for the time being.

The little spider that attacked the charging Half-Orc zips in behind him and bites again.

Two more little spiders pop up. One, behind the trees on the right, spits a gobbet of venom at Zardi, striking him painfully. The other, a ways ahead on the left, spits at Goldenhorn, but his expectoration goes wide.[sblock=Enemy Actions]Jumping Spider
Move: to I6
Standard: Pounce to N7 Pounce (Reflex) vs. Graval (1d20+6=15) Damage:(2d6+5=11). Graval is knocked prone and dazed until the end of the Jumping Spider's next turn.
Herd Spider B
Standard: Bite vs. Spider (1d20+7=21) Damage: (1d6+4=10) and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).
Herd Spider K
Move: to L11
Venom Spitter 83
Move: Shift to P2
Standard: Bite vs. Spider (1d20+8+2=11)
Venom Spitter 47
Move: to N12
Standard: Spit vs. Zardi (1d20+10=29) 5 damage
Venom Spitter 32
Move: to L4
Standard: Spit vs. Goldenhorn (1d20+10=14)[/sblock][sblock=map]
SpidersRound1.gif

The spiderweb patterns are cobwebs, and are difficult terrain.
They span from tree to tree, but large holes in them, so don't provide cover or concealment.
The brown circles are tree trunks, and impassible.
These can provide cover.[/sblock][sblock=status]Eraden: R6 HP 41/41, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused
Goldenhorn: P6 HP 27/27, Surges 10/10, AP 1, second wind unused
Graval: HP O7 20/31, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused, Prone, Dazed
Perin: HP Q625/25, Surges 7/7, AP 1, second wind unused
Spider: O2 HP 17/27, Surges 9/9, AP 1, second wind unused, Ongoing 5 Poison (save ends)
Zardi: R7 HP 26/31, Surges 11/11, AP 1, second wind unused

Mallaby: P7 HP 26/26, Surges 5/5, AP 0, second wind unused

Jumping Spider: N7 HP uninjured, AP 1
Herd Spider B: N2 HP 15 taken
Herd Spider K: L11 HP uninjured
Venom Spitter 32: L4 HP uninjured
Venom Spitter 47: N12 HP uninjured
Venom Spitter 83: P2 HP uninjured[/sblock][sblock=Mallaby]Lord Adelin Mallaby
AC: 15, Fort: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 14
:bmelee:Rapier +6 vs. AC, 1d8+4
Speed 6
HP: 26, Surge Value 6, Surges per day 5
Second Wind: unused

Mallaby is not a fully trained fighter. He will only defend himself on his own. He will however, follow orders.
As a minor action, any character can have Mallaby spend an action. He can't use more than the usual complement (standard, move, minor) in one turn, but a PC's minor action can be used for any of them.

Try not to get him killed. He is paying for this, after all.[/sblock][sblock=enemies]Allarian Jumping Spider: AC 17, Fort 18, Ref 17, Will 14
:bmelee:+8 vs AC; 1d8 + 6 damage. Secondary attack +5 vs. reflex; 1d6 poison damage and the target is dazed until the end of the spider’s next turn.
Herd Spider: AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 13, Will 14
:bmelee:+7 vs AC; 1d6+4 poison damage and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Venom Spitter: AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14
:bmelee:+8 vs AC; 5 damage[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Goldenhorn is surprised by the sudden assault, but quickly springs into action. "Eraden, you had best help Spider," he says. "Perin, if you can strike both of those creatures on our right with your magic, do so. Zardi, let us deal with this large one. Graval!" he booms, but the dwarf is too dazed to respond. Bellowing in anger, Goldenhorn lowers his horns and charges the big spider, knocking it over on its back.

[sblock=actions]NOW ENTERING ALLARIA
BEWARE O DA JOOMPIN

Move: to P4

Standard: Goring charge against jumping spider (move to N6). Vs AC: 1d20+8=28 1d6+4=8 is a crit for 10. The spider is knocked prone.[/sblock]
[sblock=Goldenhorn]Ingvar Goldenhorn Male Minotaur Cleric|Runepriest 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1
Righteous Brand
Word of Binding

Goring Charge
Divine Glow
Healing Word
Rune of Mending
Second Wind

Moment of Glory

Conditions:

Defiant Word: Whenever an enemy misses Goldenhorn with an attack, he gains a +4 (non-cumulative) bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until the end of his next turn.

Full sheet: Goldenhorn[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: You beat me to it, Mew. : )

[sblock=OOC to BenBrown]Get a saving throw to prevent being knocked prone as per:
- Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move—through a pull, a push, or a slide—you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.

ST to keep standing: 1d20=20

Hopefully got more of those 20s hidden somewhere.[/sblock]

Graval grunts as the large, hopping spider slams into him, but he maintains his footing and lashes out with his axe.

"Tha' all ye got, ye damned, ugly beastie?" he roars as his axe bites into the spider's side.

[sblock=Actions]
Target - N7 Jumping Spider
Attack - Brash Strike vs. AC 17: 1d20+9=23
Damage - Battleaxe: 1d10+7=9
Misc - N7 Jumping Spider now Marked by Graval.[/sblock]

[sblock=Graval]
Graval Metalrent - Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Init: +2, Passive Percept: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 20, F: 16, R: 14, W: 12, Spd: 5
HP: 20/31, Blood: 15, Surge: 7, Surges left: 12/12
AP: 1/1, Second Wind: Avail, Milestones: 0
Str: 18, Con: 16, Dex: 14, Int: 8, Wis: 14, Cha: 11

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +7 vs AC - Battleaxe; 1d10+4
If an enemy marked by Graval shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he makes a BMA (with a +2 to hit) against them. If hit, and the enemy was moving, they stop moving.
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Throwing Hammer; 1d6+4

Powers:
Combat Challenge, Brash Strike, Footwork Lure
Hack and Hew, Dwarven Resilience
Driving Attack

Conditions:
Dazed
[/sblock]

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
Zardi raises his axe over his head, and with a fearsome howl, rushes towards the giant spider, coming to a stop next to Graval and bringing his axe down hard.

[sblock=Action block]
Standard: Charge to O6 (+1 to attack on a charge)
Special: Can use Howling Strike as Basic Melee on a Charge
Move:none
Minor:none
[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack]Howling Strike vs. Giant Spider: 20 vs. AC, 15 damage
Attack vs. AC on giant spider (1d20+8=20, 1d12+1d6+5=15)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Zardi Male Goliath Barbarian 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:17, Reflex:10, Will:12
HP:26/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1
Howling Strike
Pressing Strike
Rageblood Vigor

Second Wind
Great Cleave
Swift Charge

Bloodhunt Rage

Conditions:none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Eternal54

First Post
Taking GoldenHorn's advice Eraden swiftly moves towards Spider and the smaller spiders, flanking one of the beasts.
"Palladys smiles on you Spider!" he says with smirk. "She has sent you a "God Sword" to be your shield."

With a loud yell Eraden lunges at the creature, slicing deep into several of it's legs. "Now face me and Palladys' might!" he taunts the spider, hoping to draw it's attention away from the groups own Spider. The spider let out a terrible shreik and began to turn towars Eraden. As it did it's legs ripped from its body and the overgrown insect fell dead.

Satisfied with himself Eraden yells back to the rest of the group. "These spiders will fall quickly. Strike true my friends!"

[sblock=Actions]
Standard= Enfeebling Strike on VS83 HITS(26) for 8 Damage. and suffers a -2 to all attacks till my next turn.
Move= Move to Q2
Minor=Devine Challange on VS83
[/sblock]

[sblock=Eraden]
Eraden-Male Half-Elf Paladin
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 21, For: 14, Ref: 14, Will: 16
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges/Day: 12/12
Speed: 5 Squares, Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: Unused

Powers: Lay on Hands, Divine Challange, Bolstering Stike, Enfeebling strike, Channel Divinity: Devine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Shielding Smite, Eyebite, Virtue, Radiant Delirium

Condition: Mint
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases