Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

Tenchuu

First Post
"Yes, of course," Halleck said, realizing how convincing the elder of their intentions was important. "Please, great elder, understand that we would never do anything to jeopardize the safety of you or your people. To the contrary, I fear that the two Paladins who came before, headstrong with zeal and good intentions, may have done just that; we want to make sure no harm or ill omen reach you here."

OOC: Diplomacy Check: 25

Someone

Adventurer
"I thank you, but I just wish you don't go" replies Soni. "We can't force you to go or stay the same I can't force my people to do what I say. I can only offer advice. Those that went before surely joined the dead. Don't waste your lives too."

"You should listen to him" says the Captain. "He may look young but has the head in it's place. Anyway, I see you decided to go despite all the good advice, and I shouldn't be surprised. I've seen the type many times, the ones who open the doors with the 'do not open' sign and pull the levers that say 'do not pull'. Hell, I'm a sailor, I brave the treasons of the sea and the dangers of faraway land for a bag of gold when I arrive home so I do understand you."

"Anyway, the Porpoise will remain here for three days before we continue travel. If you come back in time I could leave you at a more important port, if not you'll have to trust one of the local's boats."

Said this, Soni's wife arrives with the food wich consist mainly on fish. It's enough to fill everyone, but you're surprised when she keeps bringing more and Soni, with his ever increasing shiny smile, doesn't stop encouraging you to eat all of it.

covaithe

Explorer
The feather-masked girl listens in silence as the merits of... disturbing... the undead are debated. She keeps her peace, but there is something hard and determined about the way her lips compress in a thin, grim line. At dinner, she eats only a little of her fish, politely but firmly refusing extra helpings.

Someone

Adventurer
The remaining time you spent at Soni’s place quickly degrades into a continuous and increasingly exasperating excusing about being full and really not needing, wanting or being able to stuff any more food into your stomach, so without anything else to do you say goodbye and set foot.

There’s obviously not any road or sign that lead to the crypt, since nobody goes or comes from there except once every decade, but from what you know it shouldn’t be difficult to find. The narrow strip of cultivated lands next to the sea leads to a cool forest – in fact somewhat too cool- and then it clears as the terrain becomes rugged and rocky and the soil thinner and poorer. Here and there you spot signs of earlier occupants –rests of rotted large totems, tools, and such hidden among the plants- which suggest that orcs lived once on this island.

But archeology isn’t the reason you’re here, so you persevere up the tall hill to your left where you’re told the tomb should be. Finally you arrive at something interesting: a couple hundred yards ahead of you the hill’s side falls in a quite unnatural way and at the feet of this vertical wall there’s, let’s say wall or screen of bushes and rocks surrounding a large area that you can’t see but you’d bet it’s flat. While the hill’s carved side and the screened plateau in front of it don’t look artificial, you feel it isn’t entirely natural either.

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck crept low, taking cover where he could, and trying his best to be quick. Still, his heavy armor wasn't exactly stealthy. He scanned the area, but saw nothing unusual. Still, the formation struck him as odd. "What is that," he whispered, "some kind of fortification?"

[sblock=Rolls]
Insight: 1d20+10=22
Perception: 1d20+8=10
Stealth: 1d20+5=15
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases