My PF Questions

SeaJay

Love, Respect, Understanding
I notice the Core Rule book has everything, both player and gm guides.

I want to use just the standard PF rules, so woud it be worth me getting the GM guide?

IronWolf

blank
I notice the Core Rule book has everything, both player and gm guides.

I want to use just the standard PF rules, so woud it be worth me getting the GM guide?

The Gamemastery guide is more of a how to be a better GM, how to run and manage a campaign, lots of NPC types to use as a GM, etc. It is a great book, but it isn't going to bring a lot more rules to the table.

If you are looking for more options for your character you are probably better off to look at the Advanced Player's Guide. It will have lots of options for player characters. Great book.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Point blank shot at least?

low strength build to 5th level:
point blank +1/+1 with in 30 feet
weapon focus +1 attack
weapon specialization +2 damaage
favored enemies +2/+2 or +4/+4

total potential here is +6 attack +bab+dex and d8 +7 damage.

IronWolf

blank
weapon specialization +2 damaage

Needs fighter levels for that, right? I know my normal GM house rules to be allowed to be taken by other classes though.

Scott DeWar said:
favored enemies +2/+2 or +4/+4

Yeah - favored enemy bonuses are good for boosting effectiveness as a ranger. Especially if the GM doesn't shy away from enemies that the ranger chose as their favored enemy.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Best thing to do is for gm to run game unaltered for favoritism, and if fav enemy is a particular encounter-great. That keeps things random and such as that. Maybe for occasional encounter geared for the Ranger.

SeaJay

Love, Respect, Understanding
For now I am going to go with my Fate Point homebrew rules.

Basically, if you roll a maximum on the damage dice, you can spend a Fate Point and re-roll it. If that's a max, spend another and re-roll that. At higher levels this may have to be tweaked or dropped but for now, we'll see.

I'm relatively new to 3.x, so what Adventure Path should I run first? I'm looking to keep, what I think will be the best, 'Kingmaker' until I cut my teeth on something else.

IronWolf

blank
Best thing to do is for gm to run game unaltered for favoritism, and if fav enemy is a particular encounter-great. That keeps things random and such as that. Maybe for occasional encounter geared for the Ranger.

Totally agree. If the GM runs an unaltered game a player can usually figure out smart favored enemy choices. The issue is usually only if the GM suddenly steers away from those favored enemy choices when he would have not normally done so.

Sort of like I joke with the paladin in my Kingmaker game that all enemies from here on out are going to be neutral in alignment! Darn paladin smiting! ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases