(IR) Preparations for the IR, Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Edena_of_Neith said:
I would swear someone claimed Rary and the Empire of the Bright Lands.
Who?
I have claimed him; he comes from one of my nations, Ket.

lynux

First Post
ok I re-read the Magical Arms Race thing, does that mean i may cast all Spells in the Players Handbook?
Im not as familiar to this as everyone, I did read the rules but some of the basics still remain shakey

William Ronald

Explorer
Spells

Lynux,

I think your countries can but your character can't. Is he the leader of the Valley of the Mage? (I am trying to get a feeling for your faction, but I can't. How would you describe it, besides being eclectic and interesting.)

Remember, countries can take a lot of actions.

I am going to log off for the night, and run out for a minute. If there is anything urgent, I will check my e-mail one more time.

As for offers of alliances, I am considering several. I will be busy for a large chunk of the day tomorrow. (It's 11:30 p.m. Friday by my clock), so I will not be getting back on those offers until then.

In the mean time, try not to blow up your boards.

Remember, you can claim powers. I think that it is best that we leave the newer powers for anyone who might show up. Saturdays are usually busy on the boards, so I don't want anyone to look at our thread and feel discouraged. If I think things are getting a little out of hand, I may start contesting powers if people get too greedy.

William

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
How many countries can you give technological aid to in one turn? will it stack ? (IE: if I get technological aid from dagger, William Ronald and GnomeWorks do I get 3, 6, or 9 points?

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
My nations, as yet not-united, begin to summon the Jann and the Xeg-yi to our banner. The scholars, mystics and monks of the Celestial Empire, the wizards of Varnaith, Celene, and Lendore begin to research the ancient magiks as fast as they can!

OOC: I'm still here! Much of my recent communications have been behind the scenes, off the boards, but I'm not going anywhere. Took me awhile to catch up... can't wait until the real war starts, and the real posting follows.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I have indeed asked William to moderate the situation for the next 2 days, while I am gone.
Would everyone try to work with him, on settling the claims, until I return?
Things are pretty messy, and we want to settle the matter before the 20th.

Anyone who is well below 100 points has the right to claim more powers.
Why should anyone have to start off real weak when others start at near 100 points?

I included the new nations for new players, I would like to say.
Thus, the power inflation you say: If a new player claimed one nation, he'd need it to compensate for the large number of claims by those already here.

The 100 point limit stands.
Yes, Bone March can be shared.

I will read the rest of the new posts, and update the lists, then I'm off for a while.

NOBODY IS REQUIRED TO BRING A PC INTO THIS.

Nobody.

That is strictly optional.

Some people wanted to do that, so I accommodated them, then - to make life easier for me and you - I simply put a template up for everyone involved, which noted whether they had a PC or didn't have one.
By no means did that indicate you had to take a Player Character.

Edena

Alyx

First Post
I claim the The Wind Dukes of Aaqa to my banner, but under a special condition.

The condition is this; I will release this kingdom to any new player who asks to represent it, or to any underpowered player who already has nations of good and wants a larger voice in this conflict.

Until then, or if no players end up asking for it, the Kingdom of Aaqa is mine to represent, and I will do so to the best of my ability. Already, the people of Aqaa are beggining to research magic, needing a method of easy transport from thier distant kingdom.

The Aaqa have links with the Celestial Imperium, and trade with Varnaith, due to its distance from normal lands.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena,

Thanks for stopping in.

In order to help the underpowered player or a new player, I am going to make a claim, which I will consider relinquishing:

The Empire of Ishtarland (humans, demihumans, humanoids, genies, all alignments) PL 40

We need to give new people a chance as well as the underpowered. I realize that scaling your power back may seem a little odd, but there are advantages. Even if your territories are not contiguous, theere could be a common theme (race, alignment, history) or a good personal story. (The leader of a small nation in your faction once saved the life of the leader of a much larger power. Now, the larger country is standing by someone who saved its leader.)

One advantage is a more consistent story. Why are these powers allied? It can help define who you are in the IR thread.

Secondly, you may decide to help a player out by giving him some power. Allies will be VERY important in the IR thread.

Also, I think the more voices we here from, the more fun we will have. The reasons the previous threads worked is that there were many voices sharing power.

If you see someone who is underpowered or a new player, please consider helping him out by offering to give up some of your power. You might gain a valuable ally.

Consider, Kalanyr, Mr. Draco, and SerpentEye are working to settle many of their differences. The less contested states we have on the 20th, the easier it will be on Edena. We need to work together to ensure that this will be easy on Edena, easy on us, and fun for everyone. ("All for fun, and fun for all" if I may try to imitate the Three Musketeers. The literary heroes, not the candy bar.:D)

I would like to say that Edena has been our backbone in this thread. Maudlin, the maps are tremendous. Turrosh Mak(Bugbear), thanks for archiving the old threads. We should all spend some time reading them to understand what happened in the first two IR threads.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I would like to urge those who would to help Kesh.
He is badly underpowered.

There is an analogy to that - being last to bat in a softball game, and stuck in far right field when your team is on the field.
Some of you might have received such treatment: it is no fun.

(Kesh, you can claim any of the sea powers in the Denzac Gulf, the region of ocean between Hempmonaland and the Amedio Rainforest, and it would make perfect sense.)

In a situation where the Dark Union has 100 points and Kesh has 9, what kind of say does he have in what is going on?

I say the same about Zelda, but Zelda seems to be happy with only the claim of the Ratiks and the Barbarians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases