(IR) Preparations for the IR, Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Checking in

I will be away for a few hours.

Edena:

I received an e-mail from Forrester answering my questions about his continued participation in the IR thread as the representative of the United Commonwealth of Toril:

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you -- I have been monstrously, monstrously
busy at work. Brought a ton of stuff home to work on this weekend :(.

As long as the UC isn't immensely involved (i.e., one post a day will be
sufficient), I would be happy to represent the UC of Toril.

And it looks like you guys are going to need all the help you can get :).

So, the UC will be a player.

Edena, take it easy. I will check back repeatedly.

Maudlin: I think Edena wants to have most claims uncontested before the 20th so putting everything in contention may be a bad idea. You may find you have made too many enemies. Thanks for the maps.

Everyone: I also sent an e-mail to creamsteak who seemed interested in this thread to give him a short briefing. Also, a few players indicate that they will have someone join or may join. I also have a few people putting messages out.

I will be out for a little while but will be back. So, any questions.

Edena wants us to treat Lynux with the respect that is due to him. If you have a claim you wish to contest with him, talk to him. He may be in great need of allies. Feel free to e-mail people and ask for their advice and aid.

The Forsaken One: I will make note of your relinquishing Istivar and making a claim to the hold of the Sea Princes. I will before bed tonight make a list of some of the more recent claims.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Planar Claims:

* Salamanders: I offer to share our knowledge of magic and any technology I may get with them. Since many of them do "make a point of traveling through the planes, learning secrets to further their power" -MM p.160

* Rakshasas: I offer to make many of them leaders in my armies (their Su: Detect Thoughts should help them in those positions) I also offer to share with them my knowledge of magic and any technology I may gain. Since they "love rich living, gladly using their intelligence and power to maintain a decadent lifestyle at the expense of others"-MM p.153 (i.e. the knowledge of magic & technology i give them will help them with this on their home plane)

* Xill: I offer to them the possession of any enemy soldiers they capture as slaves. The only condition is that I get to raise them as undead when they have died through implant. I also offer to share any technology i gain with them. Additionally, I offer to use my magical abilities to decrease the time it takes them to cross back to the ethereal plane. Since "they can cross from the ethereal plane with a move action but take 2 rounds to cross back, during which they are immobile."-MM p.187

Tnx Will for the effort ur putting in. Guess Edena is quite happy with the relief from nervous and over active people who are busy with this IR hehe.

Well the switching of the claims makes more sense for my plans with this IR.

And William, I just remembered I asked you the name of the Formians intermadiate god Queen on mechanus. So if you've gotten your MotP back and you've got the itsi bitsi bit of time. Plz mailit to me or just post it.

Tnx~ Keep up the good work -_____-

Serpenteye

First Post
Peace

The Dark Union hereby extend an offer of non-agression to all powers on Oerth, except for Vecna and those who allies or joins with our lesser neighbours the Iron league and Grandwood. Those who join these forementioned powers will find themselves with a very powerful enemy.

Mr. Draco

First Post
TO: EVERYBODY, PLEASE READ!!

This is a message from the leaders of the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth (Serpenteyes & myself).

Fair people of Oerth, we wish you to know we have no qualm with any of you. Only Vecna. It is important that we create an alliance amongst ourselves to thwart this threat. To this end we humbly request a non-agression pact with EVERY faction currently active (excepting Vecna and any allied with him).

This pact would entail:

*Ceasation of any active hostilities between the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth and all accepting factions.

*Not developing any future hostilities between the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth and all accepting factions.

*Not conducting any military campaigns against the Dark Union of Oerth. In return we will not conduct any military campaigns against factions accepting this pact.

*Factions accepting this pact are allowed to conduct any military campaigns against other factions accepting this pact.

To this end, we request that the lands of Grandwood and the Iron League remain uncontested as those lands were ours in the past, and we intend to regain control of them. Fear not, the citizens of those lands will be allowed to retain their current laws and standards of living. The only effective change will be in who their rulers answer to. If you wish to reaffirm this, when we have gained control of those territories (during the first turn) we will allow inspectors from any factions that accept the terms of this non-agression pact.

Please respond soon.

-Mr. Draco
Kas the Terrible, Co-leader of the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Mr. Draco

The Pomarj of course agrees, as this falls under our previous arangement. We have no interest in either the Grandwood or the Iron Leauge, as these lands are far from us and have little statigic value to our aims.
Do what them what you will.
~Turrosh Mak~

lynux

First Post
Now that i have seen the map and located the piece of land you are talking about, its yours! DO NOT CONSIDER THIS A WEAKNESS! If you threaten me again I may not be so leanient!

I also have many allies that none of you know about, so I wouldnt be so fast to threaten me, for all you know I may be allied with everyone but the people you are allied with.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Re: Checking in

William Ronald said:
Maudlin: I think Edena wants to have most claims uncontested before the 20th so putting everything in contention may be a bad idea. You may find you have made too many enemies. Thanks for the maps.
I know, I know, I reconsidered almost immediately (in my next post) :) Seemed a bit arrogant, even.

I'm sure we'll have a blast any old way it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases