(IR) Preparations for the IR, Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Kesh, Please pick up your new powers

I am laying claim to the following powers and offering them to Kesh to give him a better chance in this thread.

The People of the Shining Grottos (merfolk, tritons, sea-elves in the Denzac Gulf, heavily good) PL 10
The Sea League (merfolk, tritons in the Solnor Ocean, neutral) PL 13
The Coral Empire of the Solnor (sea-elves in the Solnor, all around the Lendore Isles and elsewhere, neutral and good) PL 15

Kesh, please pick up your powers at your earliest convenience. (No fish jokes, please. It could become a bad halibut.:D)

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers to a whole day's worth of questions

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Here are replies and answers to all the posts put on this thread today, in the order in which they were posted:

Remember that Williams is the moderator. Please work with him.
I am going away for 2 days. If I do not, I will suffer burn-out.

COMMENTS AND ANSWERS:

Turrosh Mak has claimed the Gith of Greyspace. I will change the Lists.

Kaboom has claimed the Gnomish Sidewheelers of Greyspace. I will change the lists.

Kesh has claimed the Circle of Eight. I will change the lists.
Also, I will change the Circle of Eight.
In addition to their PL of 5, they have some powerful NPCs. I will factor those in (Williams sent me details on them, so I can do this. Thank you, Williams.)

Lynus has claimed the Empire of Erypt.
He has also claimed the illithid of Greyspace.
Please note, Lynus, that someone else (see below) is also claiming the illithid of Greyspace, so the claim is contested.
Erypt is really far away from the Flanaess, by the way. Take note.

- - -

The Kitchen Sink is actually a gigantic Construct that has magically shrunken itself, and is currently dormant.
(Of course it is gigantic, how else do you think it can eat endless garbage and water???)

- - -

Lynux now has a PC for his power. Talice Kellen, elven rogue, evil. PL 1.

Mr Draco asks: do we claim the planar races we will be summoning right now? or during turn 1?

You should WAIT until turn one to make your claims!!!
Nobody is listening to me on this.
WAIT until Turn One, until the actual IR starts, then place your claims on the board.
On TURN TWO, you start benefitting from your claim (assuming you convince me that the Planars should come and help you.)

Those claiming ONLY Planar Powers (plus their PCs) at the start are exempt from this rule, and start with 9 points per Planar Race claimed.

They, and the rest of you, can only claim three Planar Races.
If you drop one race, you can add another in it's place, during the Turns.
But you can NEVER gain more than 9 points per Turn from Planar aid!

Lynux: You can summon Constructs or create Constructs.
However, you cannot summon or make enough to create an Arms Race (not unless you do some very convincing posting, in which case I will create the Construct Arms Race, and everyone who joins in could conceivably gain 3 points per turn from it.)

There is no limit as to the number of Arms Races you can join.
However, you must CONVINCE ME by your posting that you have a way to call the Planars, convince them to help you, or you must convince me you can create the undead and control them, etc.

There are rules set up for the Magical and Technological Arms Race, that tell you specifically what you can and cannot do with them. Rules 13 or 14, I believe, on Post Two of this thread.

Yes, the Planar Dragons can be summoned (I will add them to the lists.)
I don't know what Dire Drakes are, but it sounds nasty.

I see Kaboom is in the Claims Race :)
He is now claiming the Air Elementals, Djinn, and Water Elementals.

I will modify the lists again.

Williams asks how alignment restricts your claims:

If you are primarily claiming good and neutral powers, don't claim evil ones please (although Ket will work with the Baklunish, an exception.)
If you are primarily playing evil powers, don't claim good powers or neutral and good powers (and be very careful about selecting neutral or heavily neutral powers.)
Ulek is an enemy of the Pomarj.
Nyrond is an enemy of Aerdi.
Ket is an enemy of Bissel.
Iuz is an enemy of Furyondy.
Varnaith is an enemy of the Yuan-Ti empire.
The Scarlet Brotherhood is feared by most powers.
Vecna, Acererak, and Ivid are feared by everyone.

Darkness, I will make an exception and allow that you can claim Rary ... because he is Baklunish.
This is an exception, folks. (Most of the Baklunish are neutral anyways, and some are evil. Only Garnak has good tendencies.)

Lynux, you may cast all the spells in the Player's Handbook.
However, this is probably going to be a World War.
Unless your spell is a large area of effect spell, posting that you cast Fireball won't mean much.
I cannot micronise things down to the battlefield. It is just not possible.

Instead of rolling dice in this game, you post.
Your posts ARE the equivalent of creating armies and rolling dice (ala Risk, Axis and Allies.)
How many times you post, and how THOUGHTFULLY you post, determine how well you roll those dice.

That does not mean you should post 40 times in one Turn.
We have 24 players, and a Turn is only 200 posts, including mine.
That's less than 10 posts per person.
And when I call Time Out, I will not read any further posts on that thread. It is next Turn!
Take heed!

Kaboom, there is a detailed rule on how much you can gain from the technological Arms Race on page one, post one - the rules.
But to summarize: If you are clever and conniving, and get lack-witted :) people to help you, you could gain up to 12 points in PL on Turn One, 6 points on Turn 2, and then on Turn 3 and after it is 3 points per Turn.
The Lortmil Technomancy and/or the Shadow Empire MUST ANNOUNCE during the Turn they are giving out the secrets of technology, or NOBODY can gain more than 3 points from the Technological Arms Race on Turn One.

Alyx has claimed the Wind Dukes of Aaqa.
On the condition he will release them to any new player who asks for them, or any underpowered good powers player who requests them.
Noted, Alyx.

I will change the Lists.

Williams has claimed Ishtarland, and noted he may relinquish it to a new player, if asked.

I will change the lists.

That's everything I could think of.

Edena_of_Neith (who will now go off to the Lists and make the changes)

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks, Edena

Edena:

Thanks for stepping in. I will have to try to find Kesh and e-mail him.

I would like to have new people claim the powers that are far from the Flanaess. It adds a certain credibility, as they would be unlikely to be active in the politics of the Flanaess.

Plus, there is something to be said for portraying a culture. (My offer to help with better names still stands. Sorry. It's the amateur linguist coming out in me.)

Thanks for clarifying the alignment rules. It makes sense. There will be some reasonable exceptions. (What I call the my pain-in-the-rear rule. He's a pain in the rear, but he's my pain in the rear.)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

IMPORTANT!! - PLEASE READ

MAJOR CHANGE IN A RULING

Ok, you may claim up to 3 Planar Powers BEFORE the game starts on the 20th.
This will make it easier on you, and easier on me.

In so doing, you are ASSUMED to have posted on Turn One that you made said claim (you don't have to post anything now, of course, on Turn One regarding who you claim.)

You will gain your first 3 points of power per Planar Race claimed on TURN TWO.
I repeat, TURN TWO.

For those of you who have claimed ONLY Planar Races (plus your Player Character, if any), you BEGIN with 3 points of Power Level for each Planar Race you claimed, on TURN ONE.
I repeat, TURN ONE.

So, for all of you who have made claims, you may hold on to them.

IMPORTANT!

More than one player can claim the same Planar Race.
There can be three players claiming Demons, for example (such as Kalanyr, Serpenteyes, and Maudlin.)
In such a case, the claims are NOT contested.
Not contested.

For all non-Planar Powers, you must contest (or agree to share) any Power claimed, but this is not true with the Planars.

IMPORTANT:

YOU MUST CONVINCE ME THERE IS A GOOD REASON YOU COULD OBTAIN HELP FROM THE PLANARS YOU CLAIM, IN YOUR POSTS ON TURN ONE.
If not, the Planars will go home, and you will receive no Power Level for them on Turn Two.

Those claiming ONLY Planar Powers at the start (plus their Player Characters, if any) are exempt from this rule.

And finally:

If you claim both good and evil Planars, one or both of them will automatically decide to go home, regardless of your arguments.

Edena

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
William has bequeathed several powers on Kesh.

Kesh must accept this. Kesh, please note this post.

Here is what Williams posted:

Kesh, Please pick up your new powers

I am laying claim to the following powers and offering them to Kesh to give him a better chance in this thread.

The People of the Shining Grottos (merfolk, tritons, sea-elves in the Denzac Gulf, heavily good) PL 10
The Sea League (merfolk, tritons in the Solnor Ocean, neutral) PL 13
The Coral Empire of the Solnor (sea-elves in the Solnor, all around the Lendore Isles and elsewhere, neutral and good) PL 15

Kesh, please pick up your powers at your earliest convenience. (No fish jokes, please. It could become a bad halibut.)

Ruling:

As a result of William's post, these powers above are now claimed.
If another player claims them, except for Kesh, they are considered Contested.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I have made major (and time-consuming) changes to the Lists.
Would you'all go and check your claims and PL totals?

Note there are conflicting claims (Ivid, the Illithid of Greyspace, Istivar, the Hold of the Sea Princes, the Principality of Ulek, and perhaps others.)

You must keep your total Power Level to 100 or below.
The only exception is the person playing Vecna and his Legions (and he cannot make any further claims except his 3 allowed Planar claims and PC.)

I have listed your PLs on the Lists, so take a look.
Forsaken One, you're still at 101.
Serpenteyes, I understand the sharing arrangement for the Bone March ... I'm mulling that over.
I recommend the Dark Union relinquish Dullstrand (PL 2) to correct your over 100 problem.

Frigid Spleen, at the least you ought to claim two more Planar Groups.
Zelda, feel free to claim something else if you wish.
Kesh, I am working on the Circle of Eight, using William's information. I'll have the Circle NPCs up ASAP.

Please look up at the posts I've made above.
They are important.

Cheers to you all.

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Now, I'm OUTTA HERE for the next 2 days.

Williams is Moderator in my place! :)

Work with him, and try not to blow Oerth up while I'm gone. :D

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
------------------------Edena wrote:
Serpenteyes, I understand the sharing arrangement for the Bone March ... I'm mulling that over.
I recommend the Dark Union relinquish Dullstrand (PL 2) to correct your over 100 problem.
------------------------

It's not so much a sharing arrangement as a dividing arrangement. I haven't heard anything from Kalanyr yet so I don't know if it's going to work. If not I might consider giving up Dullstrand (I only claimed it 'cause I thought it was Kalstrand ;))

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Re: Rule 17

Eep!

Re: Planar Arms Race

Acererak will begin by calling the dead to his service of course, under an extra-industrial strength Desecrate effect reaching throughout his domain, also bolstering his regular undead followers (10th level effect).

Furthermore he has always commanded the service of Demons to guard his tombs, due to his cambion nature and the fact that daddy dearest (the Balor Lord Tarnhem) was tricked out of his True Name and is now spending the ages in thrall to the Demilich. With him as Our Man In The Abyss, Acererak is bringing them in hard and fast.

Finally, all manner of Elementals from his beloved Plane of Negative Energy are also being gated in, Xeg-Yi (not Xeg-Ya as it says in the list, they're Positive), Negative Energy Elementals, etc...

Edit -- Desecrate, not Unhallow, sorry.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases