(IR) Preparations for the IR, Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Yes, I agreed the Drow part shall be known as The Dark Swamp PL 2 now Depending on Kal's power level I need 37-40 more points to be up to 100ish.

Maudlin

First Post
I don't want to become the busybody who makes ratty comments about everyone else's claims, and I fully agree it is more fun when at least some of the factions are bigger than most other people (evil empire syndrome). Nor is it very interesting when your influence is negligable.

That being said, the phrase "I am claiming sufficient unclaimed evil powers to bring me up to 90-100, These powers are of your choice" *really* made me twitch :)

Why is having the maximum starting power allowed under the rules a goal in the first place? If, in turn one, all the evil conqueror factions ally (as they seem inclined to do) that will make one big uneatable force with over 350 PL, a growth rate of over 50 and the objective of 'destroy'. Everyone else would then be forced to also ally with each other or the IR would be over by turn 3.

(this is seperate from everyone temporarily working towards a common goal, like kicking the snot out of uppity archliches, of course :D)

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'm playing Drow and you expect me to want to start playing weak? Everybody hates the drow even other drow!

But Maudlin has a point if they are unclaimed I am claiming the Yuan-ti Empire 30 (We could use a seaport, they could use a lot of surface we have no use for) (Total 77 + Kalanyr),The Elves of the Lost City 4 (Total 81 + Kalanyr) (They are evil elves they should get along well the drow). And now that its free the sea-league (we can cut a deal they get money and resources we get aid) PL 13 (Total 94 + Kalanyr). Should be 99 or 100.Yeah!

The Idea is to end the IR by turn 3 then try to kick the snot out of each other for dominance (not what I want to do but what I am expecting).

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Kalanyr said:
I'm playing Drow and you expect me to want to start playing weak? Everybody hates the drow even other drow!

Not weak. You were at PL 60 before, that's everything but weak. You had the Tarrasque ferchrissake :)

I'm just saying the starting layout represents the status quo at the time just after Kas (and later Vecna) do their timewarp thing. If the Drow are at 100, why would they not have crushed other nations that are a mere piddling 20 strong? Or 10? Or 5? Dunn't make sense.

The Idea is to end the IR by turn 3 then try to kick the snot out of each other for dominance (not what I want to do but what I am expecting).

It's what I'm expecting too, dropping the players from about 25 to 5.

That's why I'm officially announcing that on the 19th, I'm contesting every nation that seems pressganged into its current alliance. Civil war, baby! :D

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hey I have the PL 100 Forsaken in my mountain range for the love of god. 60 is weak!

Hmm, all mine make sense bar the Sea League which is possible, I'll drop that if you contest it (if you're going to tell me now and I'll drop it now, save me some trouble later)

I'm quite comfortable with that Idea maudlin since I'm very confident dat my claims make sense. Just a bunched up slaveryrealm in the hellfurnaces ^_^. And we've got some relative spelljammers too!:)
In the start I think I'm gonna bust out very agressively into the smaller things around me and when consolidated just consolidate and take a break and see what I can agree with whom :).

Kalanyr we really have to come to a nice little alliance in this mountain else this isn't gonna work if we want to *$()@!*$)( all those good boys if we're gonna whack eachother over a silly mountain range. Since I SUCK at magic with my peeps you'd be a very welcome ally and My formians and a few lesser mindflayers are very well stocked in slaves :) And the formians are always eager to construct and conquer, never matters how, just as long as we bring new land and new thralls to the queen!

And my spelljamming friends we're exiled by there earthed kin so they are in for a nice revenge against they who forced them into greyspace!

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Well, alright, replace 'officially announce civil war' with 'hope to gently dissuade' :) The last thing I want to do is pretend to have any authority over who should get what.

My only interest is in seeing this thing work. Really. If the Forsaken is in your domain, he has been there for 40 years, in peace, and the forces actually inside the Hellfurnaces are significantly less than 100 :)

My immediate neighbours to the north are 5 times stronger than me (3 times if somehow the entire Scarlet Brotherhood came to Acererak's defense). He'll just have to row with the oars he's been given. When you're fighting a dragon, maybe it's unfair that you only have 2 arms, but that's the way it is.

Now you two will ally, and whammo, another power greater than just about all the powers of good in the world. I think I can guess your actions in turn 1 :) Obviously I have some different opinions about this than most, so I'll stop yammering about it, I just hope this whole thing won't have been a wasted effort for 80% of the players.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'm willing to drop things for new players and/or good reasons. Besides less power in nations means more power for an NPC Take Kalanyr vs the God Emporer for one.

An Alliance would be good 200 is enough to actually harm Vecna,of course it makes us a target for 10th and 11th level magics.

Maudlin

First Post
Kalanyr said:
An Alliance would be good 200 is enough to actually harm Vecna,of course it makes us a target for 10th and 11th level magics.

By my count, Vecna already is facing 380 PL (including 10th level magic and 2 artifacts (= 11th level magic apparently), and that's just from 5 of the evil players :D Who needs the good guys? :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases