HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Agreed, Gregori. I'm bushed! Maybe tomorrow I can pay a visit to the local church. Pay my respects to the priest of Pharasma, and to the Gray Lady as well. I owe her thanks for seeing us through the fights today. And who knows, maybe the priest will know something of use to us."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Heading back to the Lorrimor house, Firvinianna stifles a yawn, "Very well then, let's go."

She doesn't know about paying respects to another deity, but she can be respectful if necessary tomorrow.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Day 1: (finally)

The group returns home from The Restlands more tired than they have been in days. Quietly they venture to their rooms for a good nights rest.

In the morning the sun is covered by low hanging clouds and the wind blows hard against the shuddered windows. The clouds suggest that it will be raining before to long.

All and all a perfect day to curl up with the large number of books in the late Professor's library.

[sblock=OOC] Rules on using the Library as a source to research are as followed.

- Takes all day to make one check. So please choose what it is you wish to research about for the day before rolling.

- Allows for you to make a knowledge check untrained as if you had a rank in that skill ( but no +1 or CS bonus) or gives you a +2 bonus to a check, for researching about the Whispering Way, if you use a knowledge you are trained in. No bonus to researching Harrowstone.

- A player may roll to aid another after someone has posted a roll if it seems they have acquired most of the information but need a boost to get to the DC 25

All those that wish to go to the temple will need to make a Diplomacy check to be allowed to "ask questions/review documents" etc. DC 25 and also takes the entire day. If the check is passed I will post up bonuses and such.

Please make a post based on your rolls I am hoping to get through a couple in game days with this this week. As you can go to other places that will give you bonuses into researching Harrowstone and The Whispering Way should you need to.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
After getting directions from their host, Halál heads over to the temple of Pharasma. He seeks out the priest and introduces himself. "Good morning, sir. I know we made quite a splash coming into town; I wanted to come by and formally pay respects, and to spend some time in prayer. I am Halál Árnyéka, a devotee of the Gray Lady trained to her hand in the Monastery of the Veil."

[sblock=OOC]No rolls yet, as I wanted to make introductions and establish a pattern of coming in for prayer in the hopes that I can build some goodwill before I actually ask to use the library.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan spends the day in the Professor's library, looking for the answers that the Professor already knew. "Erastil, show me the way to defeat this Whispering Way evil."

Toddy spends the day wandering around the outside of the house, on watch and guarding.
[sblock=ooc]Library work for today, so pray for two Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic and Guidance. Lots of use of Detect Magic and Guidance when choosing which books to read.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Despite his alchemical studies Gregori has always been more a man of action than a man of study and finds slogging though old tomes a bit tiring. Then he starts thinking about what he'd like to do and gains a renewed interest in the library.

Since Gregori thinks the group will eventually be making a foray into Harrowstone, currently inhabited by an unknown number of ghosts, he decides to see if he can find anything in the Professor's library about one specific ghost: the warden's wife. With a brooding intensity Gregori delves into books about the history of Ravengro and, specifically, its rulers...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
DAY 1 Summary:

Firvian and Halál head out to see what they can descern at the Temple to Pharasma. The walk isn't pleasant as the wind whips at cloaks and bites at exposed skin and feathers.

When they arrive it seems that there is a service being held to initiate a new casarmetze into the church. The two are told they are welcome to stay and watch quietly.

After the ceremony there is a small informal reception. The half-drow and tengu are offered small glasses of wine and kolash. The kolash is a braided bread dough bent into a tight spiral until it formed a round loaf. It is topped with dried fruit and a sweet sticky coating.

When things start to wind down Halál asks after Father Grimburrow, but he is not about the temple so the young Emissary introduces himself to the priestess who watches over the day to day affairs of the temple.

The two newcomers to town then ask about seeing whatever records the temple might have on any persons who died in the fire at Harrowstone Prison. They are politely refused as that is up to Father Grimburrow.

"He is away at The Restlands," the head nun tells them. "One of the gravediggers discoveried a body dug up out of it's grave and then mutilated this morning. I am truly sorry maybe if you return tomorrow."

To late in the day to travel to The Restlands and back to The Lorrimorr House the two head back to the latter. This tome not only the wind but a light drizzle dampen their moods.

Gergori and Marshan spend a warm day by a nice fire reading and rereading the dozens of volumes in the Professor's library. Marshan finds a little info on the cult known as The Whispering Way <see RG> and most of it is ominous warnings that the cult is evil and should never be allowed to fulfill any plans they attempt to hatch.

Gergori searches along another avenue but comes to learn that most of the books the Professor possessed did not deal with any sort of nobility. In fact it seems Ravengro hasn't had a true noble to rule over them since Count Eigen Lorres when the land around Ravengro was known as Tamrivena. Since the bloodless revolt of the entire region in 4670 Ravengro has been a self-sufficient town providing everything it needs for itself as well as exporting wheat, corn, and barely to supplement it's treasury. Of the warden of Harrowstone or his wife the cursed alchemist finds nothing.

Soon the sun is close to setting on another day, but it is unseen due to the thick clouds overhead that refuse to do more than little drizzle the town in a cold wet rain. Dinner finished everyone gathers once more in the parlor to access the day and perhaps make plans for the morning.

Kendra sits in a small chair working on one of her father's old shirts with needle and thread.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna refrains from commenting about the gravedigger's discovery of their handiwork the previous night until the companions are alone, just before turning in for the night, No need to disturb Kendra with that news.

She instead inquires of their hostess, "Kendra, is there something we can do that might endear us to the townsfolk? We are planning to be here for some time and we would like to get along better than we have so far."

With the day not being too productive for her and Halál she informs the others of her intentions for the morrow, "I have some insights that I want to check if they will come to fruition tomorrow concerning the Whispering Way. I will spend the day on that tomorrow."

Day 2
:
Knowledge Arcana (1d20+7=26)

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan

After dinner, feed Toddy tables scraps and a bit of wine.

After Kendra has retired for the evening, "Well, the Professor's books were a little useful. That Whispering Way? Well, it is a bunch of necromancers that of course like to consort with the undead. Kind of obvious from the necromancer description. Apparently, one of their strongest and most famous ones was the Whispering Tyrant. But the sect has been around longer than him. They are known for never writing things down, and whispering their secrets. So, our being quiet and discrete in public may not be the best tactic in town if others in town suspect their involvement."

[sblock=Day 2 Intentions]Research how to fight/deal with undead that necromancers would probably produce, and ghosts and haunts. Same spell list. Toddy guards the outside grounds of the house by day, paying attention to who is nosy and checking up on Kendra and the new people in town.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases