HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna will excuse herself from her companions and spend some time in idle chit-chat among the other patrons that look approachable, keeping her ears open for any interesting tidbits.

At some point a curious table of townspeople asks her about a song and she obliges with a ballad of a two lovers that ended in tragedy.

[sblock=Rolls]Perception (1d20+7=19)
Diplomacy Gather Information (1d20+6=14)
Perform (sing) (1d20+6=14)[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál sits with Marshan, allowing his more socially adept companions to do their thing this night.

[sblock=Actions]Between his racial uniqueness and his monastic upbringing he's still a little awkward in social situations.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Telepathically to Toddy, "The owner has called last call. That means one last drink and then everyone goes home. So we will be done here soon. If I dismissed you now, Gregori's weapons would lie on the ground for anyone to take. That would upset him. Remember, no talking to the people leaving. I have some wine for you back at the house."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
After Firvin finishes her song, Zokar bids most of his customers a good night at the front door while the group watches from their table. As they finish their first drink (or not) they see some of the locals look back at them with a mixture of curiosity and foreboding. He passes by the two card players engrossed in their game.

"Last hand gents," he says passing by to return to the bar. He takes one gold piece from the coins Gergori laid there. "For the earlier drinks," he says before placing the coin back on the bar and sliding it towards the man.

"And for your keeping quiet about my little additive to the ale." he says with a slight laugh and a wide grin.

Taking a bottle from below the bar and grabbing a few shot glasses he edges from around the bar to the groups table. "And now a drink to the Professor." He holds up the bottle, "Oldlaw Whiskey, it was his favorite. Didn't know what to do with this last bottle, but you were his friends so it is fitting you should help me finish it."

For the next half an hour the group share a drink and a laugh with the jovial barkeep. When the whiskey has run dry the talk once more comes to ghost.

"Well everyone here about knows Harrowstone is haunted. Now and then, if you visit near sundown, you can hear the ghost of the warden's wife wailing and sobbing from somewhere within the ruins. She haunts the prison now, forever mourning her husband and attempting to frighten anyone who intrudes on the prison." Zokar says before going quiet. "Hrmph, wasn't the ghost that got the Professor just old masonry. Rest in peace my friend," he says raising his empty glass.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál raises his glass with the others, enjoying the smooth burn and smokey aftertaste of the whiskey. It may not have been the warden's ghost, but I don't think it was the masonry either. There's an awful lot of shiftiness in this town, and judging by the reactions I've seen so far our friend the Professor was either well liked or despised . . . not much middle ground. I'll keep those thoughts to myself for now, though.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori toasts the Professor with the others and savors the whiskey til the bottle sits empty on the counter. When talk turns back to ghosts he snorts. "A wailing woman? The Professor probably bashed his own head with a rock just so he wouldn't have to listen to 'er anymore." He shakes his head and sighs with a long exhalation of breath. "Though you'd think with a prison full of inmates killed there would be a whole pack of ghosts." He giggles uncharacteristically. "This is Ustalav, not Absalom!"

Satin Knights

First Post
Telepathically to Toddy, "Just a little longer..."

To the barkeep, "Any chance you remember the name of the warden's wife? It may be easier to deal with her ghost if we know her name."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Name?" Zokar says thinking on it."No, no I don't but it is on the old statue down by the river. All the names of the guards, the warden, and his wife are there."

He gives a large yawn throwing his arms in the air. "Will it is late, thank you for stopping in. Hope you all come back to try the corpse chowder." he says with a mysterious grin.

He looks over at the two card players as the group stands to leave. "I said last hand half an hour ago you two can't still be on the same game."

"Almost done I think I'll beat him with just one more draw."
an old farmer says looking close at his cards.

"You wish,"
his companion answers.

"Bah! Just get done,"
Zokar says heading behind the bar.

[sblock=OOC] Anything you wish to do before you leave The Laughing Demon? [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Telepathically to Toddy,"We are coming out now. Trying to get the last two patrons out with us, so they don't bother our new friend, the bartender. Watch out for an ambush."

Pausing to watch another three draws, then talking to the card players, "Come on. Guysss. The beertender needz his sleep too. Let's go." After that, Marshan does a slight stumble step while walking to the door and waits.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases